NEurope
Meo

Sony is going to win this next-gen.Why?

I've heard that Sony are going to bring out a "wand attachment" for eyetoy. Though this immediately sounds like the Revolution controller, I highly doubt it will be anywhere near as advanced. It's just going to react with the already existing camera, and is unlikely to feature depth perception, and tilt sensing abilities. The eyetoy is simply going to be programmed to react to this specific device rather than every slight movement of your body. But at the end of the day, this is still limited to eyetoy games.

Actually the first metal gear games were on the NES and so were the Final Fantasy games.

That was what I meant... I see how you mixed it up ;)

It does look quite sexy in black doesn't it....

I would LOVE IT if Nintendo had a PS2 like D-pad. They are perfect.

That was what I meant... I see how you mixed it up ;)

Looking back at it I see now. :no: Im stupid sometimes....

Your right, sadly the PS3 will most probably beat a very interesting, refreshing, niche product (Revolution) because people just like 'Sony' games.

Though i could well be wrong, the DS is beating the PSP in certain countries isn't it? and i thought the PSP will beat the DS in every country! Due to the fact it had 'Sony' on it.

You never know, we will just have to wait and see!

:)

Your right, sadly the PS3 will most probably beat a very interesting, refreshing, niche product (Revolution) because people just like 'Sony' games.

I´m sad to agree with you. I really hates it that people buys a PS just because it´s "Sony". :angry:

Though i could well be wrong, the DS is beating the PSP in certain countries isn't it? and i thought the PSP will beat the DS in every country! Due to the fact it had 'Sony' on it.

You never know, we will just have to wait and see!

:)

Well on the handheld field Nintendo is unbeatable so that was no surprise for me.

NOOOOOOOO I HATE SEEING THINGS LIKE THIS I THINK IT WAS REALLY UNFAIR SONY NICKIN EVERYTHING THE STUPID DEKU HEDS ONLY BECAUSE THEY CANT GET THERE OWN IDEAS!!! THERE PATHETIC THE ONLY OTHER CONSOLE I THINK IS ALRIGHT IS THE XBOX IT HASNT NICKED ANYTHING (EXCEPT RARE)!!! BUT THAT WASNT AN IDEA!!!

Actually the first metal gear games were on the NES and so were the Final Fantasy games.

That would mean that Sony did indeed steal it.

You just know the majority will say the rev controller is shit until they see it with the PS4 and think it rocks.

You just know the majority will say the rev controller is shit until they see it with the PS4 and think it rocks.

LOL yeah i can imagine that :D :doh: sony :doh:

Sega copied Nintendo on that, Nintendo showed the N64 controller way too early, so Sega quickly copied it a bundled it with NiGHTs before Nintendo released the N64.

thewhaa.gif

hehehe :P great gif, talks about the same thing (I recomend it)

I'll just say I liked that pic, I found it quite the amusement.

So then, is your avatar what Avinash_Tyagi says it is, pedrocasilva?

Hey pedrocasilva, is your avatar a picture of Dark Link with Zelda Slung over his shoulder?
(...)So then, is your avatar what Avinash_Tyagi says it is, pedrocasilva?

yeah :) It's a dark/shadow Link kidnapping zelda, probably to do something obscene.

about the theory about Sony copying Nintendo... I'm worried about their statement that "banana shock" wasn't final at TGS, unlike Microsoft.

what if they anounce now something like "we also have a gyroscope inside PS3 and we're going to release PS3 first to the market than Nintendo" ?

then Sony would copy it before it was even out... I hope they dont get away with it :hmm:

Damn sony :/

[They where talking about why there where no ps3 demos at TGS]

"When asked if there would be any changes to the February PS3 event where playable demos will be on hand, Saeki did not respond directly. However, he did say that SCE is planning something for the event that is sure to be a "major" surprise."

Source: Gamespot

Damn sony :/

[They where talking about why there where no ps3 demos at TGS]

"When asked if there would be any changes to the February PS3 event where playable demos will be on hand, Saeki did not respond directly. However, he did say that SCE is planning something for the event that is sure to be a "major" surprise."

Source: Gamespot

Major "surprise" or... Major "RIPOFF"? (you decide)

You could say Nintendo stole the analog from Sega, since the analog controller came with NiGHTs.

it did?

i don´t remember getting that when i got that game

Any of you guys seen the 1up.com editor roundtable vid?

They clearly state that the way they see it, Nintendo have just created the PS4 controller!

So ya never know, could well happen! ha ha!

Sony files a patent

3060000000047635_small.jpg

According to the document, this device is shockingly similar to the Nintendo Revolution controller. It appears to have been initially developed for the PS2, but has either been shelved or is pending release on the PlayStation 3.

The gaming wand interacts with a web cam, which feeds into the console and is designed to read only certain light effects (given off by the wand) and will ignore ordinary room lights. The web cam will then map the movements of the light (i.e. the wand) and incorporate them into the application that is running on the console. Looks like both Sony and Microsoft have been toying with their own magic wands for a while now, but unlike Nintendo, neither has been bold enough to whip it out.