NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

I predict one of the surprises at e3 will be...

... that nintendos online service offers some server side storage for every user. Meaning that you will easily be able to migrate information between games without an HDD

and you may even create characters and avatars and use them across mutliple titles...

this is after seeing some comments from NOA about how hard it is for gamers when they build up a character and then 'loose' it when you start, say, a new RPG - and how this will no longer be an issue after Wii is out.

^Good idea! Could this be a prediction-game thread? That would be fun!

I predict that Mario 128 will not be shown.

Lets see who's predictions are right, after E3.

thats a neat idea-instead of the HDD on the hardware it self just put it online and makes the cost of the console cheaper (sony).

that would be so great if it did happen, again a great away of getting around hardware costs.

I can't confirm this, but Nintendo might show "some kind" of image projection on Nintendo Wii. The ability is there and it doesn't cost too much! Now I know that all of you are going to flame me... but that's alright.

*Points 3 threads up*

I suppose we should keep it in the Hype/Discussion thread. Scrap my idea! lol :heh:

I suppose we should keep it in the Hype/Discussion thread. Scrap my idea! lol :heh:

and not hijack my thread in the process!! :D:woops:

I don´t flame you cause I think the same....

Square-Enix said: " It´s not just a portable, it´s not just a home-console, exactly what we wanted..." this indicates a portable screen aswell...

so i think it just projects a screen into midair, and you can adjust this projected screen in size...

I saw this tech with my own eyes @ the cebit, a big electronics-expo in germany, 5 years ago...

and not hijack my thread in the process!! :D:woops:

Good point, sorry! ;)

Won't this idea cost Nintendo a lot to maintain? Especially as were getting WiFi for free.

not really... look at how much server-side storage you get for free with most webmail accounts nowadays.

the set up cost would be high but assuming nintendo invest in decent infrastructure the ongoing cost would be minimal

not really... look at how much server-side storage you get for free with most webmail accounts nowadays.

the set up cost would be high but assuming nintendo invest in decent infrastructure the ongoing cost would be minimal

Oh good. I don't know ought about techy stuff. I don't think this is the 3rd secret though because I think it's got to be something Nintendo can say nobody else has got and it must actually mean something too all gamers.

EDIT: sorry the 3rd secret was never mentioned in this thread was it. My mind is playing tricks on me!

Unlikley to happen - would Nintendo really want to force consumers to install a wireless network and subscribe to a Broadband provider?

Nice idea, but with possible USB hard disks, SD cards and flash memory I don;t think we'll see Nintendo invest in server storage.

The idea of carrying across stats to new games is something either Microsoft or Nintendo have registered as a trademark... can't remember which one.

Unlikley to happen - would Nintendo really want to force consumers to install a wireless network and subscribe to a Broadband provider?

People had to do that for the DS anyway and you could always buy the USB adapter.Don't you need Broadband for Xbox live and to get online with the PS2?

I think it will be a lot simpler than that. I think the Wii will store people's profiles on the Wii itself. Basic stuff like Name, Date of Birth, stuff like that.

Then when you start a game, it'll ask you who you are and the game can lift all the details from the profile instead of getting you to enter them again.

It'll probably have a thing like the DS where you put in your name and stuff except the name will be used in online games. It might do that on DS I dont know i dont play online yet.

Don´t let that stop you from doing that, it´s a good idea

^Good idea! Could this be a prediction-game thread? That would be fun!

I predict that Mario 128 will not be shown.

Lets see who's predictions are right, after E3.

Thats a good idea. Everyone making an individual thread if they have a prediction... Bad idea.

Im predicting that next gen mario makes an appearance in the same way that zelda did at e3 04.

I'd rather store my own stuff. I'd like to see Mario 128 show up, but we all know how doubtful that is.

Haven't read any posts other than the first 2 so I can make my own predictions...

Nintendo WFC

Nintendo WFC gets renamed

One global name for WFC, cross game invites/messages

Free chat rooms for talking to friends

Nintendo Wii

Shell included as standard

Mario 128 shown and available at launch

MP3 at launch

December 1st EU Wii launch

£130

Twilight Princess only on Wii (no GC version) at launch

New Zelda announced

Im predicting that next gen mario makes an appearance in the same way that zelda did at e3 04.

I've decided to create a E3 predicitions thread! So it would be great if you post that in there!

Or are we doing it in here now? I'm confused! :)

No mario for launch

Metroid prime 3 for launch,

smash bros, 80% slanted towards a launch release.

price wont be announced

WFC will probably be renamed

zelda dated for september

wii for november-december worldwide

new ds games, possibly:

f-zero

starfox

thats my predictions, i am never wrong

Sign in to follow this