NEurope

Why doesn't my GameCube have an ATI badge? It's nothing to do with the hardware is it?

I figured it's just one of the older ones.. there is no badge on the box so it can't have fallen off or anything.

No I don't think it is. Maybe they just ran out of them? Random fact: The gamecube was the first place that ati used their new logo

The GameCube's GPU was made by ArtX which was later bought by ATi. GameCubes no longer have the stickers on any more no idea why.

Ah well, no big deal. As long as it works.

My disc drawer button is busted too.. it's like at a weird angle.

Still functional but it pops out. Might open it up to fix that up with the spring.

The GameCube's GPU was made by ArtX which was later bought by ATi. GameCubes no longer have the stickers on any more no idea why.

They bought it just before the release of gamecube. I have one of the early ones and it has the "graphics by ati" sticker. Actually I think that because they bought artx they're still competing in the graphics card market. At one time I was fearing of an nVidia monopoly when the 3dfx died. Ati's best offerings for cards were ati rage pro/fury's or something.

Got my cube on the first day (last one in my town) and it has a sticker on it

Got my cube on the first day (last one in my town) and it has a sticker on it

I also got mine first day, and it has a sticker, I'll stick it on ebay "rare cube with limited edition ati sticker" -lols. :D

I got mine on release, it has the sticker. I however will not be ebaying it unless I become extremely broke. Very extremely broke.

I've had mine since May 3rd 2002. Still works a treat.

1 ntsc, 1 pal, The black one was in my car. And the other one Igot waaay cheap ,about the price of a controller and i got with everything :)

The black one was in my car.

You have got to be kidding me.

My Purple Cube died ages ago and I bought it on launch day so I had to buy another one (black). Both have ATi stickers on 'em.

I'm not. That was before I bought a black one to match the car.
I thought you actually had a Cube and TV in your car so you could play on the road :heh:

Yeah, my Cube has the ATi sticker too. Maybe they removed the sticker because some contract with ATi ended (maybe they got a discount on the chips if they promoted ATi on the Cube).

Ah i remember that day like it was yesterday, i went to the city about 2 hours before the shop opened, drove my motorbike, it was a cold morning but the sun was out. I was the first person queuing, and only one other person came before it opened (about 2mins before it opened), i had it all paid off already so i just ran up to the counter handed them my receipt they gave me my balck cube, extra pad, 2 (Luigi Mansion, Wave Race) of the 3 games i ordered (the 3rd (Star Wars: Rogue Squadron2) wasn't devilvered on time and i had to go back later the same day when their delivery came), packed it all into my sports ran to my bike drove home and excited set it up in the pre-ready spot under my TV.

ah the memories...:love:

OMG i just just realised this, the 4 year anniversary of the Gamecubes Euro release is tomorrow, we should have a party. I'll bring the Guinness and Whiskey:grin:

OMG i just just realised this, the 4 year anniversary of the Gamecubes Euro release is tomorrow, we should have a party. I'll bring the Guinness and Whiskey:grin:

Christ, it's already been 4 years? Man time goes by so quickly! Doesn't seem that long ago I was waiting to get my hands on the thing.

Give 3 to Orphans. Or Childs Play

Well said.

My cube has the ATI badge too, and it was bought in the summer of 2003.