NEurope
Stocka

Reggie: Racing Title for Wii to be Shown at E3

http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/418

According to Trigames.net, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales Reggie Fils-Aime's made an appearance today at the Nintendo World Store in New York City where he revealed that the company is planning a racing title for E3.

"I'm going to give one little secret," Fils-Aime said. "Only one little secret, and hopefully I won't lose my job. We're going to show a racing game at E3 where you use the core controller in a very different way. That will answer all the questions to how you'll play a racing game."

Fils-Aime departed immediately afterward, without providing further specifics about the new title, according to Trigames.net.

This racing game is the first Nintendo title confirmed to be at E3 by a company executive, although other first-party titles such as Metroid Prime 3 and a new Super Smash Bros. are expected to be playable at the show.

Humm it doesn't sound it is mario kart, there's any IP from nes wich was a racing game? Or could this be one of the new they anounced earlier ? or could be F-zero...

Rad Racer?, Mach Rider?

If it is a racer from the old NES era fully fledged and modernised to utilise the Wiis unique controller, that'd be good. I'd like to see a lot of old first party games on the NES that haven't had sequels to be remade for the Wii, easy to develop and be sold at budget prices, it'll greatly promote sales for the originals on the Virtual Console.

i saw something of the neogaf boards yesterday by some reader, that said nintendo was looking for idears for a racing title (they asked the company he worked for at the time).

I wonder if the game is the once canned thunder rally (also known as car combat) by retro studio's be very cool if it is epecialy since the game was nearly complete on the gamecube and whould of had a long time to develope it for the revolution.

hopefully I won't lose my job.
Noooooo :shakehead , keep your job, please!

But seriously, that would suck... Jim Merrick a few months ago had problems because of something like that if I recall correctly, but, we want reggie!

About the racing game... dunno... it's too soon for Mario Kart and F-Zero to show up I think... maybe a new IP?

Thats great news, ive always wanted to see how the controller would be used in racing games. I'm very excited to see it in action now. :D

*crosses fingers* MaaAaaAAArio KaAAaarttTtt!!!! Wii controls + Wifi... omg I love Nintendo!!!

It wouldn't be Mario Kart, its not been that long since EAD finished up the DS version which had a pretty sizeable team.

Its either, F-Zero WX (great name) since Sega have said they are doing alot of exclusive Wii titles, a Gran Turismo/PGR style racer which i doubt alot or its a revival of an old franchise.

I guess we'll have to see.

It wouldn't be Mario Kart, its not been that long since EAD finished up the DS version which had a pretty sizeable team.

But Namco released Mario Kart Arcade for japanese arcades about year ago. Game uses Nintendo's Triforce system, which is direct copy of Gamecube's innards except that Triforce has twice as much memory.

I'm sure this will be a Diddy Kong Racing WII game... its perfect for the WII... because of the different karts, planes and hoovercrafts... Or maybe "just" mariokart?

I cant really be a realistic racer as its from nintendo...

Sounds great! I wonder what franchise it is? F-Zero you think? It's been a while since the Gamecube one come out! Or it could be one of Nintendo's totally new franchises!

No way it's MK Wii, too soon. It'll be those ridge racer & Urban Asphalt racers style ones, like with the ds release.

Its clearly not Mario Kart or F-zero. Its either a rebirth of a NES/SNES racing game or a brand new ip. If it is a brand new IP then I wonder how will this new IP differ from F-Zero and Mario Kart? The only way I can see it differ if it was on par with Gran Turismo/Project Gotham Racing

Why's that, Sooj? I thought because it was Reggie who confirmed it himself it would be one of their first party racers, F-Zero, Mario Kart or Diddy Kong....

Diddy Kong Racing ii would be amazing actually, when you're in a plane pull back the controller so you fly higher, push down and you'll go down....

What about Wave Race?

I'm thinking a PGR competitor using real cars and licenses and controlled by turning the FHC on the side - If they do that it could be a reall system seller.

I think it'll probably be the rumoured starfox racing game from a fwhile back. The space setting would be perfect for using the revmote.

..I think it was another forum I posted this on a few weeks ago but I figured a new excitebike game would work really well with using the FHC much like you would use the (right) handlebar on a motorbike/scrambler etc..

..I drew a quick picture on paint to help illustrate what I mean..

ExciteBike.jpg

..is anyone else able to understand what I'm getting at here.. or think it's a good/bad idea?

..I doubt if Reggie was talking about Excitebike.. but I loved the N64 version and thought the new controller would work really well on a sequel..

Excitebike, why didn't i think of that. It really could be Diddy Kong Racing 2 also...

This is interesting. Maybe those developers who are doing that Donkey Kong game are finally making Donkey Kong Racing?

My main worry for the Revolution's game library is that it would have F-Zero and Mario Kart and Wave Race.

I don't consider that to be a vaguely suitable racing selection.. I don't think this title will be either of them.

I think it's gonna be a simulator because simulators sell a lot of consoles to the average market.. it won't be Gran Turismo, but neither was Forza or Project Gotham.. but they were still pretty good I heard. I agree with Jay.

On another note I think this control scheme will be bullshit before I even hear what it is- I'll probably just like use the shell or not buy this game at all. I can't begin to see how it will involve interesting and accurate controls.

i absolutly hate playing gt, pg racing games i just carn't stand going arround a track over and over again at least with mario kart, burnout games every race is so intence you dodge shells/traffic ect and the last few secounds of the race even if you are winning you still could get blue shelled and lose the race.

the control scheme hasn't even been announced yet, so i don't know how you can call it bullshit.

The fact that it uses the FHC in "a very different way" means bullshit to me.

I will never play a racing game unless it is on a classic controller.

It could be Ridge Racer..? I think that's in the same league as Project Gotham.. kinda arcade with a simulator edge.

I will never play a racing game unless it is on a classic controller.

..without even trying out something new? What the hell.. have an open mind..