Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

Nick

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: im sorry but that is just stupid. Not buying a console because of its name? Its about the games mcmad!!!!!! The Games. THE GAMES! THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Yeah it is about the games i know that, but would you really think Harry Potter would have been successful as it was if it was called Harry Pooface?

The name sucks and i already get enough crap from my friends for owning a Nintendo console, because of the new name it's like arming my friends with a fucking A-Bomb.

Perrin Kaplan, Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Affairs for Nintendo of America says alot of thought went into coming up with the name. Where in a toilet?

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnnm/060427/042706_nintendo.html?.v=2

"I'm sure people felt the same way when Google was named"

No because Google isn't a slang term for the act of urination.

bellends.

Well i dont like it. Ive never been too keen on Revolution either. I liked "N5" what was wrong with that huh ?

Revolution i could deal with and understand but "Wii" what the heck ? I know its only a name but damn it sounds stupid.

Maybe its a joke i dunno...

Yeah it is about the games i know that, but would you really think Harry Potter would have been successful as it was if it was called Harry Pooter?

The name sucks and i already get enough crap from my friends for owning a Nintendo console, because of the new name it's like arming my friends with a fucking A-Bomb.

Oh, poor little fellar.

This name really does set them apart from the competition of the 360, PS3..........and people will notice the weird name, and it'll be in their heads because it's just so random.

Precisely.

It doesn't matter if you like the name or not. Nintendo are in the business to make money. It's all about marketing - your brand name has to be memorable, not cool. It's got so many people talking about it and will continue to do so.

As someone said, it means 'Good' in Japan. It also means 'Yes' in French.

And for us puerile Brits, yep, you got it. I can just see this getting front page news in the Sun!

The people who came up with this name need to be punched in the face. Repeatedly.

And to think they get paid for coming up with it as well.

It's such a bad name. I mean it must be some kind of sick joke.

Does it really matter what your friends think? PlayStation isn't exactly a very good name.

It's about 6 billion times better than Wii.

Eh!

Huh!

wtf?

Just came on and it seems nintendo fogot in english(the world's most used language) "wee" means something piss.

Alterenete name suggestions:

Piss

Slash

Tinkle

WeeWee

Urination

Passing water(ifinetly better)

Number 1

I thought they stopped shooting themsleves in the foot after the relativly long DS launch delay in Europe after Japan and the US.

The name is one thing they can't take a risk with.

i can tell you right now why they revealed the name now and not at e3.

All of the audience would laugh or be completly silent... it would not be good in the kodak theatre of all places

Your right actually, they would of been shocked and a little confused.

Let be honest but the Xbox 360 name isn't very good is it? It only links with the circle in the middle of the controller but doesn't represent the actual console well....Oh and Xbox! It's a box with a huge X on it, i mean what?

Playstation is dull. You 'play on it' and it's like a station. Sounds WAY to old now, i don't care if Nintendo came up with it. The name Gamecube was o.k but not fantastic.

Nintendo Wii, it's like something from 2006! It's original, refreshing and means something! Just wait and see! W.I.I means something broken down, like DS means double-screen!

'wii', it's so techonlogy looking.....

Overall it's the 'games' what are important. I don't know anyone who hasn't bought a console because of it's name. The Nintendo Wii is innovative and a niche in this slowly unoriginal growing market! People will realise that! It's like the Eye-Toy, that was a HUGE success because it was something new! This is the same and is miles ahead of the competition this time, i beginning to think games are getting way to repetitive, i and many other need something like this!

I thought it was a crap name, until…

'Wii can be remembered by everyone around the world no matter what language they speak. No confusion, no need to abbreviate.'

Now consider that Re-vo-lu-tion is a four-syllable word. It's meaningless to non-English speakers, and it'd be hard to say. The English speaking market wouldn't appreciate a four-syllable Japanese word, meaning the same/a similar thing, especially if it was hard to pronounce.

Then again, I'm not that bothered what it's called, as long as it's fun.

Dude.. You need to think before you put your 2 cents in. First of all amercans could handle a nice sounding japanese name. CoughnintendoCouch! Secondly what THE HELL DO YOU MEAN japanese people don't like forieghn sounding names. Have you ever hered of the playstation.(Count the sillibles moron. 4!!!!!)

Eh!

Huh!

wtf?

Just came on and it seems nintendo fogot in english(the world's most used language) "wee" means something piss.

Alterenete name suggestions:

Piss

Slash

Tinkle

WeeWee

Urination

Passing water(ifinetly better)

Number 1

I thought they stopped shooting themsleves in the foot after the relativly long DS launch delay in Europe after Japan and the US.

The name is one thing they can't take a risk with.

Ammo for Sony :nono:

Your right actually, they would of been shocked and a little confused.

Let be honest but the Xbox 360 name isn't very good is it? It only links with the circle in the middle of the controller but doesn't represent the actual console well....Oh and Xbox! It's a box with a huge X on it, i mean what?

Playstation is dull. You 'play on it' and it's like a station. Sounds WAY to old now.

Nintendo Wii, it's like something from 2006! It's original, refreshing and means something! Just wait and see! W.I.I means something broken down, like DS means double-screen!

'wii', it's so techonlogy looking.....

Overall it's the 'games' what are important. I don't know anyone who hasn't bought a console because of it's name.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I totally agree with you man! : peace: : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!