NEurope
Nick

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

I`m not a english speaker, and i find the name really better than game cube and more normal to pronounce than revolution, i hate to say names in other lenguages when i speak spanish so is a really good move from nintendo to create a new word for the world.

Originally Posted by Flameboy101

You moan about the name "Wii" but have you ever taken a look at your own screen name (i was wondering how long it would take for some1 to call themself "wii")

I just wanted to take it before anyone else got it. If the name's official I can't change it but I'll voice my opinion. You didn't see an uproar when they called it a revolution because you could see the reasoning but when they call it Wii they have to use a long statement to explain it meaning. It's crap and you can see the uproar across all boards.

Hi... WII... Nitendo WII... we :) gotta love it... its Nintendo... and face it... its the final name, and knowone is gonna chance it.. so wii :o might as well love it :bowdown:

OMG! Are you all pussys??! What wrong about the name? At least is one thousand times more original then the SUPER HYPER ORIGINAL NAMES, such as: XBOX!!! And PLAYSTATION! That rules!

Even if i have the same opinion as you guys... don't you think that it's only a f*ck*** name?? Guys...the Wii is always be a Revolution. I just wanna play. F*ck the name!

Imo, i think the name is great.

That's possibly the most random name in the history of console names. Viva la Wii

OMG! Are you all pussys??! What wrong about the name? At least is one thousand times more original then the SUPER HYPER ORIGINAL NAMES, such as: XBOX!!! And PLAYSTATION! That rules!

Even if i have the some name as you guys... don't you think that it's only a f*ck*** name?? Guys...the Wii is always be a Revolution. I just wanna play. F*ck the name!

I'm only really concerned about it affecting the console at retail because I care about the company, brand loyalty and all that. Personally though I'm not fond of the name I love the concept and I love Nintendo games, if it delivers on those fronts I'll be happy regardless of the name.

Bem Vindo Meo, qtos mais portugueses melhor!

obrigado, hellfire:wink:

Even if i have the same opinion as you guys... don't you think that it's only a f*ck*** name?? Guys...the Wii is always be a Revolution. I just wanna play. F*ck the name!

What a dick. This is why I hate newbie rushes when big news is announced.

Most of us who have mocked, are thinking about how this may affect Nintendo, not just by reputation either. Hell if we didn't like Nintendo or want to play the Wii, we wouldn't be so concerned.

Ya know, after first hating it, it REALLY has grown on me, toilet jokes have kinda worn off now and I really like it!

Nintendo could really do some great advertising with this!

Well its a good thing they informed us before E3, people should be over the jokes about the name by then, not ruining the attention towards nintendo.

Now that the news has sunk in a bit, I'm not angry or depressed anymore but I have the same concerns as Jay. I think that it could seriously screw the campaign in the UK but as long as they fully accent it as the concept of "we" in the advetising, then I think it will be ok. Not great but OK.

*walks into shop*

Me: Hi there can i have a Wii please

shop guy: ermmm sorry sir our toilets are for staff only

Me: oh right ok

*walks out of shop*

Me: wait what the heck ??

I think they should change the pronounciation to "why" for the sake of Ireland & the UK. Imagine an ad for an exclusive game, "Only for Nintendo Wee!". They wouldn't really be able to do much about the concept of "we" in the ad.

Look guys; The name will soon fall into place as being a name. It's only when it's said rather than just read that I find it a little weird.

I'm really worried about the British adverts though; they'll have to take the piss out of the name in them otherwise it'll seem wrong.

Please have some adult-ish adverts for the Wii Nintendo (like the DS).

The Animal Crossing advert makes the game look kinda gay.

Do they still have the DS startup jingle at the start of the Ads!?

*walks into shop*

*walks out of shop*

I'm sure that won't be an uncommon sight in a lot of stores. Well, good luck attempting to market it seriously, especially in Britain.

Yep the name has definately grown on me too.

Marketing is going to be a bitch for Nintendo in the UK though.

Yes, I'm obviously a pussy because I don't like the name.

In a game shop...

Kid: mommy mommy I want a wii please please I want a wii.

Shopper:Fuckin kids these days always need a piss.

Shopper:Erm Mr nintendo boy I want a wii now hahahahahah!

Kid:fuckin adults they are so immature sometimes.

*walks into shop*

*walks out of shop*

hehe. I that was acctualy fun..

but I'm getting tired of all those piss jokes now.

Like... it wasn't a fanboy attack! I just didn't know that some much people wouldn't like it! Don't you guys think that Nintendo have analisers to see what is best for the console?! I think that they are not so stupid of making this kinds of mistakes. It's obviously that everybody wasn't expected this. Most of all were thinking that Revolution would be the definition name. But with the explanation of the name given by Nintendo, i think that it can have sucess. "Wii is Revolution". I believe that most of people are acting like that because they were very used with the name Revolution. Such as i. A still think that the name Revolution owns, since the console is a "real" Revolution, but Wii is still a Revolution.

Hey they could have an advert which is a print of the dictionary definition of Wii.

I think they should change the pronounciation to "why" for the sake of Ireland & the UK. Imagine an ad for an exclusive game, "Only for Nintendo Wee!". They wouldn't really be able to do much about the concept of "we" in the ad.

" *insert game name here* ... only Wii can play"

I kinda like that!