NEurope
Nick

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

I am personally quite suprised that the Nintendo UK staff got to play it.. if I worked at Nintendo I would bully all the Nintendo of Europe staff for being inferior.

Would you invite them to an office party?

Oh my god, it's like Iwhen Iwata and Myamoto always say the same things when asked about Wii in general or the controller, their whole "blue ocean" speech, This guy is jsut repeating the "speech" we've read a thousand times one ver game site.

the name LOOKS like WWII .... which to me , looks kinda cool ..

but when i say it "we" it just sounds gay ...not in a sexual way .. but it sounds queer , flame-esque , fairy-esque...

kinda sucks right now .

it will be easier to deal with later (for everyone)

in the end its just a name ... (i mean my real name is tarzan jr. , wierd name , i know , but all the ladys cant get enough of tarzan jr. , so that just prooves names arent everything .... sometimes swinging into an occassional tree here and there and hangin out with jungle gorillas while dressed only in a leaf can be great fun and is a great way to meet jungle bitches..........)

basically the moral of the whole thing is if your gunna SWING , then do it with headphones on while listening to STING.... if you aint got a cd player then barrow one , (just while your swinging)

trust me its alot better that way....................

[22:05] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: who is Steph?

[22:05] Ash - Nintendo Wii! <3 Steph <3: My girlfriend

[22:05] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: cool

[22:05] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: I noticed Nintendo Wii came b4 her name

[22:05] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: lol

[22:06] Ash - Nintendo Wii! <3 Steph <3: Wii over everything man

[22:06] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: lol

[22:06] Ash - Nintendo Wii! <3 Steph <3: that sounded wrong..

[22:06] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: lol

This is where Wii ends up sounding stupid...

EDIT: Same convo, 4 mins later:

[22:10] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: I had a dream that I had the Wii, It was virtual reality and in the game I asked Jk Rowling what weapons were in metroid prime 3

[22:10] :D(*)·$39R·$10h·$39y·$10s(*):D: totally random man

[22:10] Ash - Nintendo Wii! <3 Steph <3: I had a dream i had a Wii

[22:10] Ash - Nintendo Wii! <3 Steph <3: that's pretty random

Don't you recon they should name the wii's online serive:

wii-fi...?

It would be so neat....?

I love the name Wii, but somehow I don't think it will be called Wii Stream. For the simple reason people have seen all these imbeciles making fun of the name, they will put the icing on the cake with a stream of wii.

Whenever I read We now, it reminds me of Wii!!!

Maybe THAT'S their marketing strategy!!!

Whenever I read We now, it reminds me of Wii!!!

Haha, same here. I'm really loving the name now.

I used to think about the revolution 5 times an hour.

I think about Wii like every min.

I think about Wii like every min.

Could also mean blatter problems.

Sorry, that was just too obvious.

the one thing that still puzzles me is why hold back the name? Reggie said because it would give away the last secret of the rev, but what info can you get from Wii? I'm pretty sure sony isn't sat in their office thinking "Now we have the last secret HAHAHAHAHAH!".

I think they chose a good time to announce the name. If they announced the name at E3, it would have detracted attention from the actual console. As we've seen, there was a public outcry about the name. Now, it looks as if people are warming to it.

I think it was a good idea.Means people won't interrupt the Reggies focus and it has drawn a lot of attention to Nintendo.

I've deicded, i hate the name. I say i like it, to try and make myself think i do, but i don't, they're gonig too "business" now, more than gamer. It mgiht be a good business name, but they're going to lose points in the UK and US blue ocean strategy

I really love the name now! It looks really cool on a t-shirt actually!

I'll be quite upset if it's turns out to be fake now, it's so unlike Nintendo it's brilliant, i think thats what Nintendo needs.

I mean there even going as far as not calling it Nintendo Wii. Which makes a change. Calling it just 'we' is brilliant.

AND NO-WAY is it a kiddie name! :grin:

I've deicded, i hate the name. I say i like it, to try and make myself think i do, but i don't, they're gonig too "business" now, more than gamer. It mgiht be a good business name, but they're going to lose points in the UK and US blue ocean strategy

I agree with you on some parts, but the logo makes it seem alot better for some reason. Be right back, gotta go wii.

After knowing the name for a few days now, I can officially say I'm starting to like it. It still could've been better, but I'm used to it now.

Who said the name is kiddy?

138078020a1831c9dee2qt.jpg

He doesn't look like a 12 year old to me... :heh:

(taken from Kotaku)

I bet that guy felt like a king walking arround with a Wii T-shirt in the Nintendo world store a few days after it was announced.

Yeah Wii Strem sounds good.

Quite like that T-Shirt.I quite like the name now.Hated it at first but it has grown on me a lot.