N-Europe

AWESOME 'Revmote' Lightsaber video!!

Retro_Link

Like someone on Spong stated this would actually be impossible as the FHC is not going to stop in the air when you clash lightsabres on the screen. I don't doubt there will be a Star Wars game on the console but he did make a good point which I had not thought about up untill then.

Not impossible... Nintendo just need to release a device which gives you an electric shock whenever the two light sabers struck each other :D Then your muscles wont be able to swing the sword forward :)

but to a certain extent would you not stop due the visual reference of having hit something anyway?!

True.

From the force Feedback Thread - Collision detection can be coded in so that the swords don't go through each other.

Think of playing mario and you are running towards a wall. Mario hits the wall and stops running. This will happen even if you are still pressing forward with the analogue stick.

I think the notion that the controller would have to stop in mid air is a bit silly really. No offence to anyone who thinks it should. : peace:

Just a thought... Is it against forum norm to quote yourself? :p

glucoseaddict it can't be the norm to quote yourself as I can't quote you quoting yourself (I think I confused myself there!)

I didn't think it would it's just that this video portrayed this.

I don't think you can really compare Mario running into a wall with the control stick to hitting something with the FHC, as the FHC mimics what you do with your hand.

The control stick seems almost 2D these days when you think of what the FHC is capable of. I do believe that in a couple of years time the ps3 and 360 are going to seem so dated and boring.

I don't think you can really compare Mario running into a wall with the control stick to hitting something with the FHC, as the FHC mimics what you do with your hand.

I agree that it's not exactly the same but I think you can compare.

Imagine you controlled the sword in Red Steel with the analogue stick. By pushing the stick to the right, your on-screen character swings his arm to the right. The sword would stop moving when it hits an object even though you might still have the stick pushed to the right. I think the exact thing will happen using the FHC.

The FHC will change the way we interact with games. But it won't necessarily change the games we play.

Guest Stefkov

id love a star wars game with the lght sabers and the swooshing.

i think itd be cool hitting back bullets that are being shot at you.

they could easily d it in third person instead of first perso, just over the shoulder all the time like the aiming in resi 4. or even just behind the person. so that you can see all around. then you press a to put away the saber. then hold b and push forward to send the force at the tobots and such, then press a again and get back into slicing.

I agree that it's not exactly the same but I think you can compare.

Imagine you controlled the sword in Red Steel with the analogue stick. By pushing the stick to the right, your on-screen character swings his arm to the right. The sword would stop moving when it hits an object even though you might still have the stick pushed to the right. I think the exact thing will happen using the FHC.

The FHC will change the way we interact with games. But it won't necessarily change the games we play.

Yeah good point it's just that the control stick does have a barrier, the edge of it's casing and there is no barriers with the FHC but I suppose it's barrier is the edge of the screen. I was just too deep into this whole immersion thing. (see what I did there!)

It'd be fantastic, but why First Person?? It would work fine 3rd person tbh, at the moment if eel a lot of people are too hung up on first person on revo.

Definently.

Allso use a focus mode like on tony hawk. The camera would be position over the jedi sholder or where ever and be in slow-mo so you can reflect enimy laser beams.

You could could bring the controller down to put your saber away and bring it back up as just your hand to use a force push or that lightening stuff.

You could even swing the controller to side in order to trow it at the enimy. When in hand mode perhaps you could summon obects from around the roon and throw that at the enimy.

MAN THIS GAME WOULD BE AUSOME!!!!

I was thinking along the lines of the Jedi Knights games for First Person elements.

I'd of thought (if nothing else) Lightsaber fights should be in first person so that your character does not block your view of any incoming shots and your view of opponents lightsaber at any time.

If it is up to you with the Revmote to block ALL incoming attacks (it won't be like this generation where you just hold the block button) you are going to need a full view of the action, so you know exactly what angle the shot is coming in at to deflect it!

Everything else could be third person!

Alternatively, I suppose your character could go into a 'see-through/transparent' attack mode