N-Europe

Who else doesn't want to see the shell?

Pizza

Now I know lots of you seem to be pretty keen on the idea of a controller 'shell'. It makes ports easier, so the system gets more games, so revolution owners are better off.

But I for one would be really annoyed if I had to get a shell. To me it seems like nintendo is admitting defeat. Plus, it's another peripheral to mess around with, could make for a heavier and possibly unbalanced controller and it would cost money. You've got the nunchuk- that gives you all the buttons you need, even if the FHC is relegated to camera control or something.

Who's with me?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Puts hand up in the air'

They can't possibly include everything in the box: 2 FHC, nunchuck control stick and the shell. I don't want to see games using the old control methods. New era, new controler, new games. I guess it all depends how developers have reacted to the FHC.

I think there may be chance we won't see it all.

I highly doubt there will be a shell included.I think there will be a bundle where you either get an extra shell or an extra FHC.More people would need a FHC than a shell.

Yeah but you need the shell to play all the virtual console games but you don't need the 2nd FHC for that many games.

Nintendo need to play things safe though.

If they don't have the controller shell then developers could make clumsy controls with the free-hand-controller for ports or not even port the games over to the Revolution at all.

And if the free-hand-controller does not take off then Nintendo will need the shell to have normal games made on their console.

Think of the shell as what the d-pad and buttons are for the DS, a gateway to have normal games.

I think the sales alone will be incentive enough for developpers to go that extra mile and support the FHC.

I think FHC based games across the board will sell better on the Revolution, which equals $$$ for developpers.

I'll be happy to have a shell for the back catalogue.. but I won't be using it for any modern games except racers.

I don't think the shell's existance will have any serious affect on the Revolution's market except for keeping people happy who are still into playing games like Fifa and Burnout.

'Puts hand up in the air'

They can't possibly include everything in the box: 2 FHC, nunchuck control stick and the shell. I don't want to see games using the old control methods. New era, new controler, new games. I guess it all depends how developers have reacted to the FHC.

I think there may be chance we won't see it all.

If they launch for 199.90€ I expect 2 controllers + nunchuck addon + 2 shell extensions. It would be a rip off otherwise because the hardware itself is not worth 199.90€ in my eyes. Technology used in the Revolution is cheap and easy to produce so either give me lots of controllers, bundles or I won't pay more than 149.90€ at launch.

I can see your point. But, some games just might not work well using the FHC. Sorta how the touchscreen and dualscreens are not neccessary for every genre of games. In this instance, the controller shell is useful for these types of games.

But, the last thing we want to see if lazy porting and developers not putting the FHC to good use.

I dont want to know what games are coming to the revolution yet! Not 1st party games at least... Anybody feeling the same? I wished that they would just be silent after Red Steel and not reveal any news on games like Donkey Kong...Ive been waiting almost a year for this E3 and they're ruining the big event! (unless revolution could fly us all to the moon!)

I think Nintendo has many standard-themes for generic-games that they give to the developers who want to port their game. THey´ll just modify it a little bit for extras...come on, it´s not that much work, perhaps 0,5% of all the costs... And realy outstanding fresh and cool games will of course get a special controll-theme, you know these devs want to present AAA and nothing else...

You only need a shell for the N64.I don't mind holding the control horizintally.I'll just be so hyped when I get game's for the Virtual Console I won't be leaving my room at all,won't sleep for a couple of day's and eat chocolate.

That'll be me too. I'm going to become like Gollum stroking the FHC and calling it my precious!

But Shadow how can you play SNES games with the FHC? Have I missed something?