N-Europe

A sony revolution?

opentarget

Is it possible that sony might have similar “revolutionary†secrets yet to be revealed about the PS3?

A lot of people are saying that a projection devise is out of the question for revolution but I remember hearing a film director (I think it was Rodriguez but I have no links…back me up if you remember) saying he was shown digital projection tech in an upcoming home console.At the time I think he was talking about digital projectors replacing traditional cinema projectors.

What would be stopping sony from hiding secrets from its competitors as Nintendo do? If sony truly want a multi media device then a built in projector would be a good addition I think. It would drive up the cost even more but…..when talking ps3 prices whats a few extra quid? Any thoughts?

Would it piss off the people who want rev to kit out with such toys?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sony are already pushing the boat out when it comes to what their console is going to offer. They're having trouble putting the damn components into the PS3 shell, as well as other problems.

They probably have a few more secrets, but i don't expect this to be one of them. It will drive the cost up even more if this turns out to be true, and we may be looking at a price of £500-600. Even Sony are not that stupid to go for a price range that high.

True I do agree that the price wouldn’t allow for this kind of tech, but I would like to know what consoles Rodriguez was on about, just a thought.

I'm interested in what he was talking about as well now. :D

Hmm, well, i guess we won't know the answer til E3. That's our best bet. For everything to be revealed for us. We can only speculate at the moment, but it's sooooo fun. :)

It was originally posted about here:

http://brokensaints.com/blog

This guy is part of the team that produces the Broken Saints animated graphic novel and so they know quite a lot of people. He said he was at a film thingy (and it was either Lucas or Spielberg as I remember, could be wrong) and they said what you have been talking about above. Not that it makes a big difference who it is but it still hasn't been revealed for a console yet has it?

The PS3 launch looks bleaker and bleaker. We already reported that, yes, Sony will have no bananas — or rather, PS3s — at E3 this year. But a couple more insidious rumors about the PS3 are going around.

The first rumor is that, currently, the innards of a Playstation 3 are too large to functionally fit in the case. Although fat people can suck in their massive guts or cram fists fulls of cellulite down into a slimming girdle, no such option exists for the PS3, meaning that either the sleek and empty cases they’ve been showing off will have to grow larger to accommodate the electronic bulk or the components themselves will have to shrink… and soon.

The second rumor? Sony is still bidding on components. As Inquirer states: “This means the development is far from final, and it will be debugging up to, and in a Microsoft overheating manner, past the last minute. Not a good sign.â€

The last bit of bleakness is the rather astounding news that the OS that the PS3 will be running on will consume 25% of the system’s core and 18.75% of the system RAM! Holy crap! Don’t we buy consoles so we don’t have to deal with that sort of OS overhead?

Kutaragi has said something about playstation is 4D not 3D... but as we all know he talks way too much bullshit all the time...

They're so deluded they think sheer power and blu-ray is a Revolution.

They're not even on the same wavelength as Nintendo.

Their Revolution is brute force and style, not a control scheme and I find the prospect of them trying to copy highly unlikely in this generation.

I conclude there will be no further announcements from Sony apart from an opening to the speech "It's finally done guys, you can stop worrying.. we've fitted it into the box" and all the worried Sony developpers muster up a chuckle.

I'm assumeing if the Rev mote is sucessful, then Sony and Microsoft will make their own equivalents. As Sony did with the dualshock, copying the analogue stick and rumble feature from the N64.

What I REALLY want to see is all three companies offering completely different consoles with completely different control mediums.

Guest Stefkov

it is..inevitable..sony mus copy the FHC.

m_agent_smith.jpg

i joke. i dont think the ps3 has any thing else, if it does then shut m up. i think theyve told us everyhitng. it will have power, i dot think they care for anything else. unless their 'live' is better than the 360's then i dont think that they have anything thes really revolutionary.

Lmao, I hope Nintendo has their patents covered very well because otherwise...

://img125.imageshack.us/img125/8810/sonypngd4il9wy.png (add HTTP in front of the link)

^-- I like this image very much, some talented people out there...

Hopefully Sony won't copy the RevMote in some way... But I guess, it'd be far too expensive for them to do so, already the cost of making the console is quite steep, spending more money of rapid control redevelopment with gyroscopic functionality courtesy of R&D would increase the consoles price even more wouldn't it?

Guest Jordan

They'de have to redesign the entire console if they wanted to had some of the FHC elements to it.

PS3 = alotta cores, alotta power (apparently) but not much else to offer.

They're grasping at straws with their online service trying to compete with Nintendo WFC and XBOX Live.

Guest Jordan

People will still buy the PS3 reguardless as long as they have the franchises that keep people coming back like MGS, Pro Evo, GTA and all the other exclusive franchises.

Last generation i got into XBOX due to Nintendo losing the Burnout franchise, and later i bought a 360. Alot of Nintendo fans have found themselves with their GameCubes and later their Revolutions as their second system. My DS is the only handheld i'd ever buy, i have no interest in the PSP and most of my friends on this forum regrett buying one in the first place.

Sports games will probably play great on Revolution compared to PS3, unless they manage to make a controller that is better than the RevMote... Imagine using the FHC with golf swings, cricket bat swings, baseball swings, tennis swings also movements for bowling, catching, shooting hoops etc, fishing with a REEL attachment perhaps? you could even use 2 FHCs for events that use multiple arms such as swimming, shooting etc. I'd like microphone functionality as well if possible, Cricket for example I could yell OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! into the microphone just to rub it in the computer AIs faces.