N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we’ve just found out that the Premium version packing hi-def capabilities will also be dropping in the next seven days.

My year old premium 360 already has hi-def capabilities.... what do I win? :heh:

I guess people will have to wait for current stock to clear before they're guaranteed a premium 360 with a HDMI port though.

EDIT: Space Giraffe and Street Trace NYC on XBLA this Wednesday!

OMG

Sure a bit slow but Chuck you need next to nothing to store Halo 3 films. It is saved as game data not a video file so it's tiny. They are uploaded online anyway so you might not even need to store them on your harddrive.

Guest Stefkov

I hope my 360 breaks by next week. I wouldn't mind a Premium with HDMI, or even an elite. Elite in Black still doesn't say yes to me. I like my creamish white 360.

Paramount and Dreamworks have announced they're releasing movies on HD DVD!

That probably means I'll be watching Transformers in HD by the end of the year!

Paramount already do HD DVD's but they are now exclusively supporting HD DVD "The studio says it will launch its exclusive HD DVD program with the release of 'Blades of Glory' on August 28th (a release which was previously announced for both formats), and will follow with two of the biggest grossing movies of the year 'Transformers' and 'Shrek the Third."

Cool! Well i like the look of it and have it preordered!

I want MUD and loads of it though! Even more then Motorstorm!

Is the game arcadey, fast and easy to control?

Glad to hear. A demo goes up on Live in the middle of September, although that could change.

And the game doesn't feature the whole Motorstorm thing where mud goes over the screen like it's splashed all over the cam. But there's a fair bit of mud kicked up on the tracks that are in that style.

And yes, the game is pure arcade fun, and if you're an old skool fan from the original or liked the Dreamcast version then you'll no way be disappointed. I wish I could talk about it more, but certain things prevent me from doing that.

With regards to using a VGA connection on the 360, does it generally provide a better picture than component, and it being more on par with using HDMI?

I've got to get myself a 2nd PC monitor next month, and I'm weighing up the option whether I'll be getting a 19" screen with HDMI or just stick to using VGA.

new360s.jpg

- http://kotaku.com/gaming/new-things/...our-291150.php

At the risk of sounding ranboyish, i'd say the Wii NOW has hot competition. Replacing the core with the arcade set.

In the Arcade set:

256MB Memory Card

Wireless Controller

5 free XBLA Games

Xbox 360: Arcade "Just Play!"

Xbox 360 "Go Pro"

Xbox 360: Elite "Go Big"

And the Arcade one would be grey. Cheaper than the old core too, this would be the price drop i reckon.

Paramount already do HD DVD's but they are now exclusively supporting HD DVD "The studio says it will launch its exclusive HD DVD program with the release of 'Blades of Glory' on August 28th (a release which was previously announced for both formats), and will follow with two of the biggest grossing movies of the year 'Transformers' and 'Shrek the Third."

Excellent news. Starting to get a couple of decent HD DVDs recently. Hope this means HD DVD starts to sell better.

Guest Stefkov

Get Cloning Clyde. That's an easy 200, and quick aswell.

I just realised h-o-t's xbox is gone. Now I've no-one to do Aegis wing with. :(

Glad to hear. A demo goes up on Live in the middle of September, although that could change.

And the game doesn't feature the whole Motorstorm thing where mud goes over the screen like it's splashed all over the cam. But there's a fair bit of mud kicked up on the tracks that are in that style.

And yes, the game is pure arcade fun, and if you're an old skool fan from the original or liked the Dreamcast version then you'll no way be disappointed. I wish I could talk about it more, but certain things prevent me from doing that.

With regards to using a VGA connection on the 360, does it generally provide a better picture than component, and it being more on par with using HDMI?

I've got to get myself a 2nd PC monitor next month, and I'm weighing up the option whether I'll be getting a 19" screen with HDMI or just stick to using VGA.

They all look quite abit diffrent. I would say get HDMI though. Without a doubt.

I would be so tempted to get a 120gb hard drive if it wasn't for having to be on live so much. My connection can be really temperamental and I don't want to locked out of playing my arcade games when it's not working.

Get Cloning Clyde. That's an easy 200, and quick aswell.

I just realised h-o-t's xbox is gone. Now I've no-one to do Aegis wing with. :(

If you mean for playing generally rather than just for getting the achievements, add me, I'd be up for a bit of multiplayer Aegis Wing. My friends are too stupid to get american accounts and it isn't the same playing with randoms.