Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Actually I can't be bothered. I'll do more Insane.

We're having a night of it tommorow arent we?

Meh nevermind, I haven't even turned my 360 on yet.

Yeah I think we're having a big night of Live tomorrow.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare???

Yes, I have a spare 360, in case of emergencies.

Not really? Again?

It's still working, but some games just won't load, despite being in perfect condition and them working on the spare 360. Probably just a laser problem, but may aswell get it sorted.

Entertainment and Devices Division ("EDD") products include the Microsoft Xbox video game console system, PC games, consumer software and hardware products, the Zune digital music and entertainment device, TV platform products for the interactive television industry, and Mobile and Embedded devices (principally Windows Mobile software platform and Windows Embedded device operating system). The success of video game consoles is determined by console innovation, the portfolio of video game content for the console, online offerings, and the market share of the console. We believe that the functionality of the Xbox 360 console, games portfolio, and online offerings are well-positioned relative to competitive consoles launched during 2006.

EDD revenue decreased during the three months ended March 31, 2007 primarily because of decreased Xbox 360 console sales. During the quarter, we shipped 0.5 million Xbox 360 consoles as compared to 1.7 million consoles in the third quarter of fiscal year 2006, which was the first full quarter of Xbox 360 console sales. Xbox and PC game revenue decreased $393 million or 44% during the three months ended March 31, 2007 due to the decrease in console sales. Revenue from Zune, consumer hardware and software, and TV platforms increased $103 million or 61% during the three months ended March 31, 2007, primarily reflecting the recent release of Zune and new consumer hardware products. Mobile and Embedded Devices revenue increased $38 million or 30% during the three months ended March 31, 2007 driven by sales growth in Windows Mobile software and Windows Embedded operating systems.

EDD revenue increased during the nine months ended March 31, 2007 primarily due to increased Xbox 360 console sales, sales of Zune, and increased Xbox accessories and video game sales. We shipped approximately 5.9 million Xbox 360 consoles during the first nine months of fiscal year 2007. Since the Xbox 360 console was launched in November 2005, we have shipped approximately 11 million units. Xbox and PC game revenue increased $914 million or 37% during the nine months ended March 31, 2007 as a result of the increased number of consoles sold and related accessories and video game sales. Revenue from Zune, consumer hardware and software, and TV platforms increased $426 million or 68% during the nine months ended March 31, 2007, primarily reflecting the release of Zune and new consumer hardware products. Mobile and Embedded Devices revenue increased $109 million or 31% during the nine months ended March 31, 2007, driven by sales growth in Windows Mobile software and Windows Embedded operating systems.

EDD operating loss decreased during the three months ended March 31, 2007 primarily due to decreased products costs from lower sales of Xbox 360 consoles and increased Mobile and Embedded Devices revenue, partially offset by expenses related to the launch of Zune and increased Xbox 360 console warranty expenses. EDD operating loss decreased during the nine months ended March 31, 2007 primarily due to increased Xbox 360 platform sales and improved Xbox 360 console margins, partially offset by expenses related to the launch of Zune and increased Xbox 360 console warranty expenses. Headcount-related costs increased 10% and 13% during the three and nine months ended March 31, 2007, reflecting an increase in salaries and benefits for existing headcount and a 13% increase in headcount, partially offset by decreased stock-based compensation expense.

For fiscal year 2007, we expect revenue to increase due to the increased availability of Xbox 360 during the entire fiscal year and sales of Zune after its November 2006 launch. Revenue from mobility and embedded devices is expected to increase due to unit volume increases of Windows Mobile software driven by increased market demand for phone-enabled devices and Windows Embedded operating systems.

Simple version: 500k 360's shipped WW & $315M loss in the H&E Division

Ok people, I'm buying my 360 next week, but I am worrying now that I will be missing out when the Elite comes out.

So is the 120gb, hdmi, sexy look worth waiting for?

But I really want my 360 :(

HELP!

My thoughts exactly. I'm very undecided about either buying it now or waiting for the later model. I usually hate to buy something when I know a better version is coming "soon", but I really want to play a few of the 360 games without having my younger brother swearing at me because he wants to play something (it's his console...). :laughing:

I'll probably pick up the ChoicesUK pack someone mentioned earlier, it looks like an excellent value for money pack.

Guest Stefkov

Well just ask yourself those questions.

Do you want a black console?

Do you want the HDMI port? Do you have a HDMI port on your TV so that it would look nice?

Will you really fill 120GB?

How much space do people have left on your HDDs? I got about 10GB I think. Only got <10 Arcade games and only a few downloaded pics off the marketplace. Got 2/3 demos aswell.

Well just ask yourself those questions.

Do you want a black console?

Do you want the HDMI port? Do you have a HDMI port on your TV so that it would look nice?

Will you really fill 120GB?

How much space do people have left on your HDDs? I got about 10GB I think. Only got <10 Arcade games and only a few downloaded pics off the marketplace. Got 2/3 demos aswell.

I don't care about the color, but I'm not sure about the HDMI port and the 120GB drive. The games look awesome on my tv using the regular component cable and running it at 1080i (my tv doesn't allow 1080p), so I think I'll just forget about that.

Oh well, I think I'm going to order one right now. It will fit nicely alongside my Wii. Wii60 for the win? :laughing:

HDMI is only really on the 360 for when the component and VGA slots are taken up by something else, 1080p on 360 will never be a big thing because nearly 12 million people cant use it

The 120GB HDD would be nice, ive only got 2GB left on mine (going to clear it out tomorrow, too many game demos) but its not a necessary thing until Microsoft sort out a UK video marketplace

I'd buy one now, nobody knows when europe will see the Elite yet and between now and then you could be playing games!

Yes, I have a spare 360, in case of emergencies.

Yes I will probably do this too at some point. I get the famous "Disc is unreadable" on Dead Rising (making it almost unplayable due to the stupid save system) and also on Oblivion once every 2 hours or so.. but that's not that big a problem since the game saves ever so often.. but I will wait and see..

On another note.. Is the Mission part of GOW any good? I've had my share of screaming american kids on Halo 2..

Am I right in thinking that the only difference between HDMI and VGA is that VGA doesn't carry sound? Or is HDMI picture quality better?

Anyways, I'm buying my mates 360 off him for £130, so it'll then officially be mine, yays!

Am I right in thinking that the only difference between HDMI and VGA is that VGA doesn't carry sound? Or is HDMI picture quality better?

Anyways, I'm buying my mates 360 off him for £130, so it'll then officially be mine, yays!

I'm not an expert at any means but the HDMI cable is suposed to be better quality due to the signal being digital from end to end, rather than converted to analog at various points. Also it's a little easier on the eye due the cable being just one input rather than 4 or 3.

Guest Stefkov
Tonight is Gears night, so I'm gonna be online, if you come online on Gears, I'll set up a match, and we'll get it on.

Shweet. Hopefully I can join your matches this time though.

I have joined the 360 movement! Yey!

Hurrah!

My 360 had it's first disc read error and then later froze whilst playing Fifa today. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come, especially since I've just committed myself to buying it off my mate!

No! wait! its fifas online servers there shat. mine freezes all the time online, especially when someone leaves an online game.

As for disk read errors GHII every other time says 'play dvd' and rare disk read errors after the second play with a spotless disk. must just be the game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!