Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new drive is not external. They are getting rid of their dual layer drives and installing HD drives(High Def) to read the new HD-DVD's. If you think the 360 gets hot now imagine how hot it would get with out that new chip.

LOL he hasnt got a clue

And i dont think the 360 gets hot, well mine hasnt got hot

And yesh the new HD drive will be external to play the HD movies

you will be proven wrong when E3 comes :p

Guest Stefkov

can i ask a question, how many games do you have to pay extra fees on top of Live? a friend of mine said it (not realy liking the 360, so you know bad points) but he didnt say if they all did or just a couple. is it only a couple?

can i ask a question, how many games do you have to pay extra fees on top of Live? a friend of mine said it (not realy liking the 360, so you know bad points) but he didnt say if they all did or just a couple. is it only a couple?

only ff11

well a think thats the only 1 :confused:

only ff11

well a think thats the only 1 :confused:

Yeah Fergys right. I would imagine that the new Phantasy Star game will cost some monthly fees. Also certain downloadable content costs points which you have to buy for money but none of these are neccesary and are just something extra for those who want it.

Guest Stefkov

oh cool.cheers for the answers cos as soon as i get a wire back for the psp, i lent to a mte, im gonna go into town and trade my psp in for one. in the week. hopefuly monday or tuesday ill get it.

i have another question, im reading up how to connect to live using a router, which is what i have, i checked.

this is the guide

now my 'modem' is apparently the ntl box we have. that has another modem on it which was put there because we got our internet upgraded. thats plugged into the router, in another room. which has our main pc in. my pc (and my brothers, not neccesary) are connected to the router in the the other room.

>the question(s) are: do i have to do the other 2 ethernet cables if the router and the modem are already connected and cable conncts the pc to the router?

also the ntl box upstairs in my parents room is a second one, which is connected to another box downstairs. it says to switch everything off. so do i switch off the box at the mains? and everything else?

also was it this hard for other people?

i would have connected it to my pc however it has to be on eerytime you want to play it but thats just wasting electricity.

please answer them:sad:

So yeah I really want an Xbox360 (I'm not gonna wait until november and pay £400 to £500 for a console that is a little bit more poweful than an Xbox360 and it will take a few years for the price to go down) so yeah its gonna set me back £350 (the permium pack + a game - oblivion & advance warfighter). I'll be getting £200 from my mum and hopefully I can make the rest up with birthday money or else get a job but thats not the point. Point is that I feel like a traitor (being melodramatic I am).

I want an Xbox360, I want the games released for it but because its Microsoft and not Sony I feel a bit insecure getting it and I feel bad because I am turning my back against sony but really they are asking for it :P. Plus I don't want to miss out on games like FFXIII and Metal Gear Solid 4 :'( (although Hideo Kojima has stated that he would like to make a MGS game for the 360 "yay" but wether is actually happens is a different story).

Thats another problem, my games collection is filled with Japanese games, I hardly have any western ones and as we all know the Xbox hardly gets any japanese support which is a bad thing.

Also the Xbox360 will be upgraded actually they are in the process of upgrading it (to be more power efficient and the chips used will be smaller and the 360 won't heat up as much) but then those units won't be released until the start of 2007:

Xbox 360 getting new CPU

Chartered Semiconductor announces new deal to make smaller 65mm-process chip for Microsoft's next-gen console.

One of the most common consumer complaints about the next-gen console is that its graphics capability requires a central processing unit which needs to be cooled by a constantly running, less-than-stealthy ventilation system. In other words, its fan is loud.

Some disgruntled consumers have even compared the 360's fan to a Blackhawk helicopter. Those same consumers will welcome today's news that the Xbox 360 is getting a new CPU which runs at lower temperature. Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing has announced it will begin making the Xbox 360's CPU using a using 65-nanometer (nm) Silicon-on-Insulator (SOI) semiconductor technology. Currently, the Singapore-based hardware manufacturer company makes 90nm Xbox 360 CPUs under an agreement with IBM, designer of the CPU. The first Xbox 360s with the new CPU will go on sale in 2007.

For laymen, the change means that the new 65mm Xbox 360 CPUs will have more chips per wafer--which means lower energy requirements, lower heat output, and cheaper chip production costs. That is music to Microsoft's ears. "We look forward to working with Chartered on the production of such an important component of our Xbox 360 system," said Larry Yang, General Manager of Xbox Console Development at Microsoft.

You would hardly notice the difference but could this be hints to a price drop? should I wait?

Man I'm just convincing myself into not getting a 360. :-[

But then I go back and look at these screenshots and it convinces me to get one:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/theelderscrollsIVoblivion/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/t/tomclancysghostreconadvancedwarfighterxbox360/

Whats everyones thoughts?

Should I just take the 200 from my mum and add more to that over the months for the PS3? Or just go for the Xbox360?

Oh and I am definitly getting a Revolution - duh lol =P

good point but what about the rev ?

he will be skint if he gets a 360 and a few games, no money left for a rev :cry:

Another thing

UNO is out on XBL

I have never played the game before and wont be getting it just thought yous might want to know

Well this is the X-Box 360 thread, nobody here's gonna tell you to buy a PS3 ;)

You said your collection consists mainly of Japanese games and that you really like them. Don't expect MGS4 to come to X-Box 360 or if it does it'll be lame like the MGS2 port on the X-Box, same goes for Final Fantasy XIII and other Japanese games.

X-Box 360 really needs some AAA titles, like Halo 3.

If i were you, i'd wait for the PS3 to come and than decide if i should get a PS3 or a X-Box 360.

UNO is out on XBL

I have never played the game before and wont be getting it just thought yous might want to know

I can't find it anywhere, maybe it's for US only?

I've not played the card game in years, but what I can remember it was a great laugh, I'll be buying this if it eventually shows up on Marketplace.

sorry to bug all you guys again but im having a problem with GRAW this time, when playing the co-op game with my brother, i cant figure out how to respawn. we are both pretty rubbish at the game and die really quickly and the games are lasting like 30 seconds or something stupid like that because we both die then have to start over... does anyone know where i would go about changing this so we could respawn? thank yoooo :)

sorry to bug you guys all again but im having a problem with GRAW this time, when playing the co-op game with my brother, i cant figure out how to respawn. we are both pretty rubbish at the game and die really quickly and the games are lasting like 30 seconds or something stupid like that because we both die then have to start over... does anyone know where i would go about changing this so we could respawn? thank yoooo :)

Should be in the game options somewhere, either the second or third option I think, you can set it to no, some or infinite respawns.

Guest Stefkov

please could someone answer my second question above please. i shoud hopefuly get a 360 this week! :D

i loved uno, i used to have it, i took it to germany, and me and my brother left it there for some reason. it was a fun game.