N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, ive tried it on LIVE and its really good, actully no its amazing, just i think PDZ id amazing+1, you should try it on LIVE 1st Owen.

OK i might in the future! :)

I just prefer PDZ multiplayer levels in general as well. Halo 2's vehicles are pretty cool though, a prefer Halo's car to PDZ's Hovercraft for example!

:)

Halo 2 is easily the best online game I've played. I have to admit that it took me a few go's to get into it, though. At first I found it too slow.

But when you get into it you realise that everything is so balanced. I think thats what makes it so good. Also, the maps are by far some of the best seen on a multiplayer FPS. The large outdoor environments are perfect, and put PDZ's to shame, really. I love PDZ online too, but I personally think that the maps let it down.

Halo 2 is easily the best online game I've played. I have to admit that it took me a few go's to get into it, though. At first I found it too slow.

But when you get into it you realise that everything is so balanced. I think thats what makes it so good. Also, the maps are by far some of the best seen on a multiplayer FPS. The large outdoor environments are perfect, and put PDZ's to shame, really. I love PDZ online too, but I personally think that the maps let it down.

Oh right! Maybe i was too harsh on Halo 2's multiplayer before actually playing it over live!

I still don't like it offline without bots though, I also find it pretty slow, but perhaps i shouldn't totally abandon it without playing it on live!

Great honest opinion of the multiplayer Matt, thanks.

:-)

Call Of Duty 2 Patch has been released, pop in you're disc to get a prompt to download it. Im kinda annoyed its only for fixing the single player bug...
So there's no online fixes? I was hoping they'd at least add the option to, you know, create a room to play with friends.

What a waste.

16 minutes is a pretty good time for someone to change their opinion on something they were apparently so adamant about.

I'm impressed.

Nah, i haven't changed my opinion totally, i'm just mature to say i was a little to harsh on Halo 2! ;)

Anyway! I've just played Kameo for like a hour and a half and i have literally found like 20 of them strawberry things! I have also went into the building in the enchanting area and spent hours doing tasks and climbing up the tower etc.. theres so much i never knew was there! It still looks lovely on a HDTV!

I have 61 achievements now! Caris how many have you got considering you love gaining the achievements and points etc..? ;)

Was their an armourless Spartan in there, I'm only 2 costumes short and I was hoping you got to see Nicole without the shitty armour.
Unfortunately not, the last 2 costumes are white and then black with red bits, respectively.

Unfortunately not, the last 2 costumes are white and then black with red bits, respectively.

I do love the last two costumes. Besides, story wise it wouldn't be possible. For a Spartan to get into the Spartan Armour (i'm sure it has a propper name) all their bones have to be broken, this is why they don't get fall damage. I read about this somewhere, it mentions in it in the books. So she'd basically be a lump of skin and bones. Interesting...

You know it be cool if it had the Halo shield damage effect for her.

Wow, I sure started something there, didn't I?

Thanks for the input, I'm going to get PDZ and return it if the aiming is as bad as people make it out to be.

I HATE this statement about the aiming in PDZ. The aiming in the game is SPOT-ON. If something is in your cross-hairs and you fire - you will hit it.

It DOESN'T have auto-aim like Halo, so people who aren't used to playing FPS games without auto-aim will find it difficult at first. It also utilizes a system similar to Counter-Strike, where the longer you hold down shoot, the less accurate you are. So you have to fire little bursts rather than just holding down the button and spraying RCP90 bullets everywhere.

In summary - the aiming in PDZ is fine. Absolutely perfect. If you don't like that style (which, funnily enough, almost all FPS games use) then thats a different matter.

I HATE this statement about the aiming in PDZ. The aiming in the game is SPOT-ON. If something is in your cross-hairs and you fire - you will hit it.

It DOESN'T have auto-aim like Halo, so people who aren't used to playing FPS games without auto-aim will find it difficult at first. It also utilizes a system similar to Counter-Strike, where the longer you hold down shoot, the less accurate you are. So you have to fire little bursts rather than just holding down the button and spraying RCP90 bullets everywhere.

In summary - the aiming in PDZ is fine. Absolutely perfect. If you don't like that style (which, funnily enough, almost all FPS games use) then thats a different matter.

Halo 2's "auto aim" is more of an aim assistance than automatic aiming. It slighty reduces the sensitivity of your "reticule"/crosshair when you're over a target. Works damned fine, too. There is an auto aim in Perfect Dark and it can be turned on/off in the menu. Not that it makes much of a difference, it's still too hard to shoot anyone because of the shit aiming/speed at which players move.

As has been observed before, this is a problem with overplaying Halo more than Perf- Aw, fuck it. Perfect Dark Zero sucks. I'd just like to add that the aiming in Call of Duty 2 is brilliant, and that doesn't use an auto-aim to my knowledge.

[Edit] Just wanted to add this on to my post so I'm talking to certain members of the community on their level:

;)