Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Should UPS be able to change it to my work address? Cos no one will be in on Thursday. I'm fucking sick of delivery companies. Don't they realise people fecking work?

I'm afraid not. I was expecting something to be delivered today by UPS (though they didn't even try in the end :angry:), but knew I wouldn't be in. When I called them last night to request a redirection, they told me that they have to try to deliver to the original address "to fulfil their contract with the shipper". After they've tried once and failed, then you can contact them to redirect it. They did say, however (after I specifically asked), that they should leave it in a 'secure' area if you leave a note (signed and dated) asking them to do so. Is this an option for you?

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid not. I was expecting something to be delivered today by UPS (though they didn't even try in the end :angry:), but knew I wouldn't be in. When I called them last night to request a redirection, they told me that they have to try to deliver to the original address "to fulfil their contract with the shipper". After they've tried once and failed, then you can contact them to redirect it. They did say, however (after I specifically asked), that they should leave it in a 'secure' area if you leave a note (signed and dated) asking them to do so. Is this an option for you?
lols! madness, leave a note!

"hi please leave my xbox 360 behind the bin. if you are just a random passer by, please ignore this message and please do not look behind the bin"

lols! madness, leave a note!

"hi please leave my xbox 360 behind the bin. if you are just a random passer by, please ignore this message and please do not look behind the bin"

I *did* say somewhere "secure" - I'm fortunate to have a decent length of drive, plus gates that can't be seen through, so it's not like the note would be seen by just anyone. Perhaps a neighbour could take delivery and then pass it on?

Star Ocean due in June :(

Square Enix has announced that Star Ocean: The Last Hope will be released in Europe this June.

Some reports floating round the internet say the game has been delayed, as it was originally down for "spring".

But that's not the case, according to Square Enix. "The game has not been delayed," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. "We use the summer solstice on June 21st as the official start of summer, so by announcing the game will be released in June, it will still technically be released in our interpretation of spring."

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is an Xbox 360 exclusive. It's a prequel to the popular role-playing space opera series, and will feature numerous gameplay advances such as the ability to control your own spaceship.

A few demos have hit Live today which are Wanted, The Wheelman and WWE Legends of Wrestlemania. I have only tried the WWE demo and I quite like it. I love the relive Wrestlemania game mode and seeing as I enjoy the Smackdown games this may have to be a purchase for me especially as you can be The Rock :)

I *did* say somewhere "secure" - I'm fortunate to have a decent length of drive, plus gates that can't be seen through, so it's not like the note would be seen by just anyone. Perhaps a neighbour could take delivery and then pass it on?

I did the sneaky thing and took a sick day from work :p My first one for nearly 2 years. And the Xbox turned up at 8.30, a full 10 minutes before I would have left the house anyway....

Playing a bit of Soul Calibur 4, and The Apprentice is an utter tosser. How the hell do you beat him?!?! I'm playing Arcade mode on hard and found everyone to be easy up until this guy.

I did the sneaky thing and took a sick day from work :p My first one for nearly 2 years. And the Xbox turned up at 8.30, a full 10 minutes before I would have left the house anyway....

Playing a bit of Soul Calibur 4, and The Apprentice is an utter tosser. How the hell do you beat him?!?! I'm playing Arcade mode on hard and found everyone to be easy up until this guy.

Haha that's what I'm doing next week so I can be in when my Red 360 arrives. I've taken Thursday and Friday off (on the off chance it comes a day earlier). Hopefully it come's early Thursday morning so I have two day's of non-stop playing.

Haha that's what I'm doing next week so I can be in when my Red 360 arrives. I've taken Thursday and Friday off (on the off chance it comes a day earlier). Hopefully it come's early Thursday morning so I have two day's of non-stop playing.

With GAME there's a chance it could come 2 days earlier (has for me in the past)

Why can´we just get shit at the right time....

So it´s both Vesperia and Star Ocean this summer for us.

Well apparently Vesperia is due out "Second half" of this year which is pretty confusing that it could well be as late summer/autumn (August)

I'm gutted and frustrated about the Star Ocean delay, S-E have been so good with their simultaneous releases lately it's a real let down from them when you thought they gave a damn about Europe, I'm tired of being treated to lengthy delays.

2 months from the US release originally wasn't too bad but 4 months is quite ridiculous.

Didn't know there was a demo of Legends of Wrestlemania going up on Live. While I've out grown the whole wrestling thing it'd be great to be able to recreate the whole Andre the Giant/Hulk Hogan match from all those years ago. May give it a go just for that.

Also, the demo for Chronicles of Riddick is up for download. Haven't downloaded it myself but I will do because it looks great.

Well, that's one way to do it :wink:

For what it's worth, I had no problem with my delivery either (not as exciting as an Xbox - it was a replacement wireless keyboard and mouse from Logitech... top-end though, and free! :)), which was waiting at the back of the house just as I asked...

Yeah, thats twice now I've had a pretty good experience with getting the 360 repaired. I hate Microsofts call centres though, with that annoying voice thing rather than pressing a number for an option, and then getting through to foreign people that don't really understand what you're asking them. My Xbox has only been away for a total of 12 days over 2 repairs, which is pretty good to be honest.

Having a problem with my xbox and connecting it to my new HDTV via HDMI. My old Monitor/TV stopped working, showing No Signal for HDMI, so I replaced it with a Sony 26L4000. Now it is not working on the new TV, I tried it on my 50inch tv in the living room and it shows no signal! I used the same cable with the Blu Ray player and it works.

Something wrong with the Xbox 360?

Well the 360 would seem to be the common denominator, maybe the HDMI port is broken? Or a setting needs changing on the 360? Ideally you need to try it out on someone else's TV.

Yea seems to be, I have tried on the living room TV and it shows no signal! :( and the xbox is out of warranty!

Yeah, thats twice now I've had a pretty good experience with getting the 360 repaired. I hate Microsofts call centres though, with that annoying voice thing rather than pressing a number for an option, and then getting through to foreign people that don't really understand what you're asking them.
You're aware you can just log into xbox.com and click a few buttons, put in your serial code and not phone anyone at all, right?

I urge everyone to give the Wheelman demo a try as it's actually amazing! It's a completely absurd, throw-about arcade racer and it had me grinning several times. If you take it for what it is then I think there's a lot of fun to be had, and when the game gets nearer the £20 mark I can easily see myself picking up a copy.

I urge everyone to give the Wheelman demo a try as it's actually amazing! It's a completely absurd, throw-about arcade racer and it had me grinning several times. If you take it for what it is then I think there's a lot of fun to be had, and when the game gets nearer the £20 mark I can easily see myself picking up a copy.

Eh, Riddick demo, Wanted demo, Wheelman demo... so many... and yet so few (a week's wait for Silver users :()

Is there a way for me to stop microsoft being robbing bastards and not renewing my Xbox live automatically but not phoning them?

I can't be bothered being charged to call them for them to do a few simple button pressed when all it would take is to put a button on the xbox website saying 'Do no renew automatically'...

On xbox.com.

Shorty, why don't you grab a year of Gold? It seems as if you're constantly looking out for or using 48 hour gold cards to play a game online for a little while, and you use your 360 a lot.
I think that buying Gold will make me play on my xbox too much and not get enough work done. I'll get it once I finish Uni, if my money situation is ok.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!