NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

For the normal people? No.

For people who are crazy ie: Letty. Yes.

I think she is the spawn of the devil.

Download the demo anyway, its free!

Yeah but I have a monthly download limit and might get the full game for my b-day in a week :heh:

Kay, so could you put a ripped TV show from PC onto a USB stick, then stick that in teh 360 and watch it (Providing it one day updates with ...XviD support?)

And whilst Im here ;

I thought for something to be HD it had to be specifically shot in HD....how come theres HD DVDs of really old films ?

^ yes you could do that. You can do it already with MPEG4 encoded stuff. But it's even easier just to have your 360 and PC on the same network and stream over from WMP.

You don't have to shoot in "HD" to get a resolution high enough to put on HD DVDs. If you think about it, old movies were projected on cinema screens so they were big enough for HD TVs then, just that we didn't have them, and they had to be compressed to fit on VHS/regular DVDs. OK I'm not explaining myself very well, but I know what I mean.

Ahh but you see! Most things in terms of cinema was recorded in an extremely high definition, even in the 60's. It just gets downscaled for home and cinema releases.

It doesnt work like that guys. Things still have to be shot on a HD camera to get a full HD picture. Old films are just digitaly remasterd, i.e they put the film on the computer and upslace it then polish it up like removing grain, sharping edges and bringing the colour to life.

I've done it at collage before on my video production course ;)

Ahh but you see! Most things in terms of cinema was recorded in an extremely high definition, even in the 60's. It just gets downscaled for home and cinema releases.

Well, it was recorded on film, which is pretty much infinite resolution. The main reason people use digital film now is because it's a better picture quality (less dirt, scratches, defects, etc).

Now, it's also possible to "clean" the old films, and improve/correct colours.

Kay, My PC is in my room using a wireless thing, and my 360 has a wireless network adapter. Can I get them on a network thing together thus stream as you just mentioned?

Seems Im not making the most out of my freesikstee.

Kay, My PC is in my room using a wireless thing, and my 360 has a wireless network adapter. Can I get them on a network thing together thus stream as you just mentioned?

Seems Im not making the most out of my freesikstee.

Are they connected to a router?

Erm, they both wirelessly connect to the router downstairs.

That's all you need.

Just go to your network setting on your computer, make sure the network is set to "Private", turn media sharing on and "allow" your 360.

And you're done (you may need to have added your music/vids to the WMP library).

Unless your router has a wireless networking option (ie: PC to PC that are both connected to the router) then no.

Should I be adjusting the settings on the PC that the router is connected to, or can I/do I do so on my PC (The one in my room)

Thanks for the hax.

Should I be adjusting the settings on the PC that the router is connected to, or can I/do I do so on my PC (The one in my room)

Thanks for the hax.

If your PC is connected wirelessly to the router, you can do it on your PC.

much better explained :heh:

Just get a Vision:M and some AV out cables. Up to 720p goodness on my TV <3

Good to see they've stayed with the old style, but with different style artwork. I like it.

Anyway, i 1000/1000'd my first game! (CoD4). First game i've got all the achievements on. Now i've done that game, it's sadto know i might not play it again for a while.

Mile high was a case of youtube videos. Playing it a couple of times on normal mode, and trying, and trying again.