NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Got a message on XBL saying some new update is coming early Dec which will change something to do with friends (allow you to view others' friends lists I think?) - could this be the year's last big dashboard update? I'm really wanting the fabled DivX addition.

It's coming December 4th. It allows you to view the friends of your friends. I was reading somewhere, there are limitations. Under 18's can't view something or other, then under 13's, whatever the age range is can't view them at all.

There's more announcements to come so maybe Divx will be supported.

I'm seriously tempted to sell my Wii and buy a 360. For people who have both, how much is this reccomended?

Forget Wii, sell at Cex in town, nab £230 and get a premium

I'd say Wii60 is the way to go but ever since I got my 360, I don't even care about any games coming out for the Wii with the exception of Smash Bros. and the next Zelda.

YAY!!! No more stupid Arcade demos on my played list!!! :yay:

Same. I play my 360 nearly every night. I tell a lie, every night.

They say the Wii has quick loading times. I find leaving it a long time and sticking in a game, it actually takes like 5 minutes to load up.

Now I'm used to the loading times of 360, so when this happens you can only laugh.

I find leaving it a long time and sticking in a game, it actually takes like 5 minutes to load up.

Same thing happens with me but only with a new games. Solution? Play 360 instead! :heh:

5 Minutes to load up? Im sorry I simply dont believe that. :)

I don't know if its loading but its doing something. My solution is to launch the game, if it doesn't load in the first 10 seconds I switch it off from the mains. (since nothing else responds) I do this about 5 times before it starts working properly.

Weirdly enough it normally happens the first time I play a game.

I'd be annoyed if I played my Wii more but I don't. It seems the days where I cared about collecting 120 stars for no apparently good reason have passed.

I do the same, no buttons work. It's just a black screen for at most 5 minutes. It was actull once 5 minutes, I wanted a quick level of Mario Galaxy done, switch it on to play while my mum went on my laptop. I waited there 5 minutes, even helping my mum with something, and it didn't load.

Switched it off at mains, started up again and it loaded first time. I just don't see what the hell it is.

Odd, alothugh i did get the bastardly disc read error on the 360 today while i was collecting Intel on Cod4.

I do the same, no buttons work. It's just a black screen for at most 5 minutes. It was actull once 5 minutes, I wanted a quick level of Mario Galaxy done, switch it on to play while my mum went on my laptop. I waited there 5 minutes, even helping my mum with something, and it didn't load.

Switched it off at mains, started up again and it loaded first time. I just don't see what the hell it is.

Is yours a launch day console? Mine is, that might have something to do with it...Thats my theory anyway.

Earlyer i loaded up halo and I got the "please put this disc in a 360 to play this game" i was like wtf.. then i opened the tray closed it and it worked.

About fucking time!

Finally delete XBLA demos on Gamercards. Yay!!

Microsoft has shed more light on the upcoming Fall Dashboard Update. Microsoft Japan recently held a press briefing covering some of the new features that will be bundled in the update. One of the newly discovered changes will be the ability to reorganize the Game Blade, which will feature the Game Library, instead of Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements, and Played Games sections. The new update will allow for easier sorting by having everything break down with filters. Items will be added into sections like, All Games, Arcade, Demos, and Recent Downloads.

Some other changes include:

* Marketplace will be reorganized and reduced to four categories. The new categories will be "Recommended Content," "What's New," "Game Store," "and Video Store."

* Personal Profile added into Gamer Profile. This will allow you to add a brief introduction about yourself, your name, nationality, and country of origin.

* XBLA demos will also be deleted from Played Games and Gamercard listings.

Thats happened to me a few times, and quite alot with Galaxy. I've found it does that when I press the start button right after powering up, wait until he's finished shouting "SUPER MARIO, GALAXEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!" and then play.

It's coming December 4th. It allows you to view the friends of your friends. I was reading somewhere, there are limitations. Under 18's can't view something or other, then under 13's, whatever the age range is can't view them at all.

There's more announcements to come so maybe Divx will be supported.

Awesome, that's my Birthday :D a present from Microsoft to me I assume. Though I am severely disappointed about the lack of an XviD support announcement. Did someone just completely make that rumour up from nothing somewhere along the line? I was totally looking forward to it.

It was DivX, it wasn't a rumor. DivX have licensed a Microsoft product and it seems obvious from the persons original responce it was the 360.

So, how does DivX support help on a 360?

*Tech n00b*

Also, J answer my question on how was your day....or I could just ask it here.

What are the buttons for GH3 if you use a control pad? Yo.

I posted this on Letty's Youtube video already :p

If i remember (off the top of my head):

Green = Left Trigger

Red = Left Bumper

Yellow = Right Bumper

Blue = Right Trigger

Orange = A Button

DivX support means you can play .avi files that have been encoded with the dvix codec. However, XviD is far more used... and better.

thing about XviD, to put it bluntly, is its most commonly used by people who rip TV shows and anime. Right now the only way to watch certain vids on my HDTV is to transfer them to jayseven's laptop then plug that in to my TV. Would be nice just to plug my iPod into my 360 with a divx encoded .avi file on, or even stream it accross the network. It's a feature I really want.

Is GH3 worth playing with the pad? I might get the demo....

For the normal people? No.

For people who are crazy ie: Letty. Yes.