NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I needs to get me some M$ points for the arcade. Gonna try out the worms demo to get a bit of an opinion. And is there a turtles demo?

I find it quite tough opening the drive and putting the disc in vertical without moving it where as with the wii all you have to do is place it in the drive and it sucks it in, the only way you will scratch the disc is if you move the wii. Plus the wii has it's own stand.

My gears is now slightly scratched but not badly enough I can always send it into scratchbusters after having a bit of trouble with it vertical.

It's much more stable horizantal but it takes up alot of space.

I've always had mine vertical, it's how the console was designed really. I've never had a problem with discs scratching, and if you are then I'd say there is a problem with the console.

I needs to get me some M$ points for the arcade. Gonna try out the worms demo to get a bit of an opinion. And is there a turtles demo?

There's a trial of all XBLA games as far as I'm aware.

My mates have given Project 8 bad opinions, so im checking out the demo. I can get nail the trick at all yet. But otherwise im loving it.

I liked the demo, the physics and that trick thing were good.

Just defeated two of the next bosses on Crackdown, the Volts (SP) are pretty hard.

20070314.jpg

Penny-Arcade: "Denis Dyack is still smarting over previews of Too Human written last year regarding a demo he admits was bad, and in EGM's most recent podcast he takes an opportunity to interrogate one of the men responsible. He spends the second hour of the podcast making a series of completely unsourced and unverifiable claims about his product, which - after having been browbeaten for the first hour - his gentle hosts are understandably reluctant to analyze.

I met Denis a few years ago at E3, back when they were still vassals of Nintendo, and our kinship was immediate. I took no pleasure in writing what I did about Too Human, a note that I think is unambiguous in the text. He is angry at this specific instance, a show where he was more or less forced to present a product that was out of phase, but he's also angry in general that developers need to take time out to prance beautiful ponies before a sneering press corps. I get it, absolutely.

He identifies very deeply with this product, and when someone is cruel to it he takes it personally. This, too, is something I understand with perfect clarity.

A motif he adopts in the podcast and elsewhere is that his game will be great, and then we'll all be sorry - like an unstable, teen-aged pyrokinetic who swears his hot vengeance upon the mean boys in gym. I won't be made to apologize for telling people the truth, so that one's gonna be a tough sell. What I can do, what I will do, what we do whenever the facts change is to change our minds. If Too Human is excellent, and their pedigree suggests that it will be so, expect to hear that truth echoed throughout our lavish marble audience chamber.

All of this started precisely because people fully expect to be amazed by the man and the company he leads. There are worse problems than this.

He's placing a lot more value on the strength of an ancient preview than gamers do, no doubt because of his proximity to the subject - but he should take less stock in overgrown Interweb detritus. Home and LittleBigPlanet provide a powerful counterpoint: it only takes a single inspired maneuver to uproot years of sin and misery. We are gamers, after all. When you succeed, we succeed also.

When we talk about the media consciousness of The Web, we're talking about something that is largely ahistorical and completely obsessed with immediacy. A tight demo dropped onto Live - either before or concurrent with the retail release - would see every grim prophecy obliterated."

Up to the big war at the stranded's palce on Gears, right after you drive the Junk, got my 5 active reloads in a row.

EDIT: And 25 active reloads.

I liked the demo, the physics and that trick thing were good.

Just defeated two of the next bosses on Crackdown, the Volts (SP) are pretty hard.

Rocket launcher + 4 star explosives = game win.

My explosives are poor, I think its ony 1 star. Picked up a rocket launcher though, love it.

Tried out the Worms trial. I was never good at/into worms. Confused me too much.

Gonna try out the TMNT trial though.

Also, just discovered Hexic on the Hard Drive, so my gamerscore bumped over 100.

In an interview from EGM, Peter Moore has said that the production team behind the creation of Xbox 360 is already working on the next Xbox.

Moore even went as far as saying that Xbox 360's successor could launch around 2012, as the team of tech-heads are looking into what kind of computing power would be available around that time frame. The Olympic Games don't strand a chance against a new Xbox.

In other 360 news, we're getting word that Microsoft could soon ditch the Xbox 360 Core version. That's the one without the hard drive and wireless pads that currently goes for around two hundred quid.

We think it makes perfect sense to drop the cheaper model, as the Premium System is a bargain in its own right. By now everyone that has a 360 should be online (or close to it) and for that you need a hard drive. We've put the call into Microsoft who kindly told us that they don't comment on rumours.

Checked out the TMNT demo. I remember that game now! I'm pretty positive i have it on MAME.

I just checked out the Bioshock trailer on XBL and that is some NASTY shizzle...I love it!

Any news on if and when Raiden 4 or Ikaruga is out for XBL? I need a good arcade shooter!

Nah it's okay.

It should at least keep me off GoW all night long :D

Just completed the main story of crackdown, I had 4 star agility and explosives. Shai-Gen are tits, as there are noteably two who sit at the very top of the tower (that are just as big as the agency tower) and you have to go inside and get past loads of enemys

Think I'm finally gonna get a 360 premium soon. Not got an HDTV tho, so I'm gonna hook it up to my 19" crt monitor instead. Need some speakers as well I guess.

*Is still playing his 360 and PS3 on a SDTV*

I have no urge to connect them to Monitors or buy a HDTV at the moment. HDTVs are just too expensive for what they are.

*Is still playing his 360 and PS3 on a SDTV*

I have no urge to connect them to Monitors or buy a HDTV at the moment. HDTVs are just too expensive for what they are.

So is a Playstation 3....

:heh:

Ha! :P

But seriously, wasn't too expensive really. :D And it does so much more than display a crisp image. :) that is why I can live without a HDTV till they are cheaper.

So damn close to 500 agility orbs on crackdown, got 493.

Preordered Guitar Hero II as well last night.

Ha! :P

But seriously, wasn't too expensive really. :D And it does so much more than display a crisp image. :) that is why I can live without a HDTV till they are cheaper.

I'm just on an SDTV, running PAL60 (which i don't think im ehven meant to do on this tv). And i'm still constantly blown away by the grapics.

So damn close to 500 agility orbs on crackdown, got 493.

Yeah I need around 10 aswell, its very annoying looking for the last few as I have been all over the place doing Spidey style jumping to see if I can see any.