NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Damn it! Tried to go for another points code but the "3368yaw" voucher is no longer valid. Any more, Aimless?

You could try "LEALTA09", although I'm not sure if it works. Just... don't go too crazy. It doesn't hurt to keep an eye on your moral compass when sailing foggy waters, that's all.

It's good to see that it's actually possible to cancel your automatic renewel on Live subscriptions now. Last time I needed to do it I ended up editing my card details to be purposefully false, although since then I've relied on buying cards instead; they're so much cheaper than going directly through Microsoft.

You could try "LEALTA09", although I'm not sure if it works. Just... don't go too crazy. It doesn't hurt to keep an eye on your moral compass when sailing foggy waters, that's all.

Thanks, it was a success. :D

I go through a ton of these points so the cheaper I can get them the better. Also, I'm a stingy bastard. :heh:

Regardless, much appreciated Aimless.

Edited by Dyson

Meh I bought it on the xbox anyway, completely oblivious to the fact that before recently it would have been a pain to stop subscribing, bwuahaha.

My points card from game came through, the 11 pound one.

I've not bought one in a while. The inside, with the little plastic hooks keeping the card in place is really stupid. It's such a waste of plastic it's not got much use now, unless I want to carry my credit cards in it.

My third one should arrive tomorrow. £33 for 6300 points isn't bad going..

Think I'll leave it there though. As tempting as another one might be I'll hold on for now :heh:

My points card from game came through, the 11 pound one.

I've not bought one in a while. The inside, with the little plastic hooks keeping the card in place is really stupid. It's such a waste of plastic it's not got much use now, unless I want to carry my credit cards in it.

Agreed, they should have just kept using standard Xbox cases at least those were useful for putting Xbox games in that come in tin cases so you can access your game quickly without having to take off a plastic sleeve each time...

But now that they have a card indentation, the cases are useless to me so I just give them to my local independent retailer so they can use them as display cases.

My xbox got repaired (or replaced) pretty quick, its been sent out so it should be here by the end of the week. Thats German efficiency for you :p

Agreed, they should have just kept using standard Xbox cases at least those were useful for putting Xbox games in that come in tin cases so you can access your game quickly without having to take off a plastic sleeve each time...

But now that they have a card indentation, the cases are useless to me so I just give them to my local independent retailer so they can use them as display cases.

That's pretty much why I stopped buying the cards. Actually, that was because I found a better way.

If you go to PlayTrade on Play.com you can buy a points card from another seller and instead of them sending you the card, they'll simply send you the code for the points via an e-mail within a few hours, NOT 3-5 days. And if the code doesn't work, you can simply e-mail 'em back saying "Code no work, want nuvva one, plz!", or something more civil, and they'll send you another.

You can probably do that on other websites, but PlayTrade is where I discovered it. Better than having a stack of useless boxes in your room.

Shopto.net do it themselves, as do many ebay shops and independant sites. I think I used to use gamepointsnow.

Shopto.net do it themselves, as do many ebay shops and independant sites. I think I used to use gamepointsnow.

Thought there were others that do so, but I'm only familiar with PlayTrade and the reliable sellers on there so, obviously, heheh, I wouldn't know. :blush::heh::grin:

The prices for the new avatar items are absolutely stupid.

Still, as least it'll be easy to see if anyone on your friends list is completely insane.

Edited by Cube

The prices for the new avatar items are absolutely stupid.

Still, as least it'll be easy to see if anyone on your friends list is completely insane.

I bought one of them with some points I had left over. But yeah, they are a bit pricey and most of them look like the free stuff anyway. I do like that there are a good number of game costumes available already.

I'm looking forward to stuff you unlock with games. Unless it's just trophies for your character to hold. That would be proper wank considering you can only hold one thing.

I'm looking forward to stuff you unlock with games. Unless it's just trophies for your character to hold. That would be proper wank considering you can only hold one thing.

'Splosion Man has a few T-Shirts (when the patch for the game comes). Hopefully full games will have better ones.

I think the problem you have there is which of these scenarios is going to be more attractive to a publisher:

1) Include unlockable Avatar gear in your game to add value.

2) Sell said items separately, most likely to people that have bought your game anyway.

Call me cynical but I can't see any of the more bespoke items — i.e. props and costumes — being packed in with games, freebies largely being in the realm of 'standard t-shirt model with a JPG logo on it'. After all, how many games have included unlockable Premium Themes that would otherwise be sold separately? As far as I can recall The Maw and 'Splosion Man are the only two.

So the new update. Apart from being able to buy 360 games on the market place what else was updated? and 20 notes for a game to download which costs like a fiver now in the shops. I think Microsoft may need to change that as can't see many people paying over the odds for old games.

I After all, how many games have included unlockable Premium Themes that would otherwise be sold separately? As far as I can recall The Maw and 'Splosion Man are the only two.

Both by the same developer, too :heh:

So the new update. Apart from being able to buy 360 games on the market place what else was updated? and 20 notes for a game to download which costs like a fiver now in the shops. I think Microsoft may need to change that as can't see many people paying over the odds for old games.

I saw a number next to my account, must be something to do with how long you have been a member on Xbox Live as a Gold Member.

Some of the updates:

- Dashboard is faster.

- In-game achievements viewer is better

- Number for years as a gold member

- Redesigned Primetime (1vs100) Channel

- Section showing how many games for which you have all gamerscore (I have a pitiful 10)

- Community Games now called Indie Games

- Xbox Originals expanded to "Games on Demand" with 360 titles

- Some other little changes.

Only thing I find useful from the update is the in game achievement viewer thing. Not that it really matters, though.

So I got the lightsaber.... I couldn't resist. >__<

My avatar looks so damn cool wielding it around like a bad ass.

couldnt resist spending a little on some new clothes :)

really enjoying fear 2 its getting better and better as the game goes along

I don't know if i will pick-up any of this premium clothing, i may do if i feel like it though. I did pick-up Trails HD, damn good title i believe.

Installed a few 360 titles on my HDD again before and one big size difference i have noticed from the update is sega ultimate collection. The install size has gone from 3.something gb to 698mb!!

couldnt resist spending a little on some new clothes :)

really enjoying fear 2 its getting better and better as the game goes along

Good choice on the steampunk top. I was contemplating that myself but I only had enough MS Points for one item (I wasn't buying some specifically for pointless tat!) and I decided on a camera instead.

I noticed the marketplace seems to finally be going at a decent pace for me. Although I've only looked at one thing on there, so it may have been a fluke.