NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

We have the table tennis one, last time I looked I saw it there.

I don't think there ever has been an Oblivion demo.

There's a kind of demo thing on the UK marketplace.

well it's listed on the website here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/demos-1-E.htm

I'm after the Tenchu Senran (Tenchu Z is the western name) on the japanese servers, but it's not there (it should be, I checked)

Guyz, how much is Boom Boom Rocket and is it worth the price?

800 points. I'm now downloading the trial and am going to go and give it a go in a minute. It's from the creators of Geometry Wars Evolved so i'm pretty sure i'll like it. I need points though :(

Sorry mate about Crackdown earlier. I could only really play until 8.30-9ish, but I can play any time at the weekend, so just name a time.

It's my fault really, I didnt sort out my router and such. No its alright though. My NAT is set to open. I just need to remember to turn off my downloads otherwise it'll be laggy as hell.

Weekend sounds good. I gues Saturday night I'm not doing anything.

Personal MP Halo 3 Vidoc analysis.

-You normally start with Assaultrifle but the Battle rifle is still in the game.

-ATV is in as vehicle. one driver and one passenger that can shoot.

-The new laser weapon must charge before it shoots (destroys a vehicle instantly)

-Three or 4 New items! Deployed by the X button?

1 Bubble shield

2 Tripp mine.

3 Jump pad ?

4 something that is thrown and looks like a old WW2 Hand grenade.

And as I read some where earlier, you reload with the LB and RB.

*Jump pad ?

I think they called it a human cannon in the video.

Personal MP Halo 3 Vidoc analysis.

-You normally start with Assault rifle but the Battle rifle is still in the game.

-ATV is in as vehicle. one driver and one passenger that can shoot.

-The new laser weapon must charge before it shoots (destroys a vehicle instantly)

-Three or 4 New items! Deployed by the X button?

*Bubble shield

*Land Mine

*Jump pad ?

*something that is thrown and looks like a old WW2 Hand grenade.

And as I read some where earlier, you reload with the LB and RB.

A few things:

• The jump pad is the "Man Cannon", which replaces the teleports of old. It's a fixed feature of the landscape.
  • The 'WW2 hand grenade' is probably a normal frag grenade, or possibly the bubble shield seen from a funny angle.
  • The land mine is called a Trip Mine by one of the interviewees.
  • As far as I can tell, all the guns from Halo 2 are back, a long with a couple of new ones, and an improved Assault Rifle (smaller crosshair, and therefore greater accuracy).
  • LB and RB reload the weapons in the left and right hands respectively. I presume if you only have one weapon, RB reloads it while LB throws grenades.
  • In one part of the video, it appears that you can throw guns that you no longer want. A player is seen to throw a plasma grenade, followed by a long black item - probably a Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle or Shotgun.
  • It looks more fun than the multiplayer modes of Halo and Timesplitters combined. And thats a lot of fun, coming from me...

Haven't bought my 360 yet, but I signed it anyway. That's a pretty horrible price. And peopel complain that the VC is overpriced!

Guyz, how much is Boom Boom Rocket and is it worth the price?

If you're into Rhythm games its a must have.

Its difficult, its a hell of alot of fun and the songs are fantastic, although theres only 10 of them.

A few things:

• The jump pad is the "Man Cannon", which replaces the teleports of old. It's a fixed feature of the landscape.

I'm not talking about the man cannon. I'm talking about the little blue bad you see for a few seconds. It looks like you can place it your self. In one shot of the map it's there and you see a blue spartan using it. In the rest of the video it's not there.

The 'WW2 hand grenade' is probably a normal frag grenade, or possibly the bubble shield seen from a funny angle.

The bubble shield is a round object. you can see him dropping it when it's first used. And you can see it earlier dropped upon death. It's also placed somewhere on the map. And You see normal hand grenades in the game. They are like those in Halo 2

In one part of the video, it appears that you can throw guns that you no longer want. A player is seen to throw a plasma grenade, followed by a long black item - probably a Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle or Shotgun.

This is the object I'm talking about. Why would you need to throw away your gun? You also see Mister Master chief picking up two of these in the video.
And if you see in the top right corner there is a item that looks like it.
This I guess is one of the new items. Don't know what it does. Can't be the "jump pad" as it's thrown against an enemy in more than once. You don't see this item hitting the ground in the video.

It looks more fun than the multiplayer modes of Halo and Timesplitters combined. And thats a lot of fun, coming from me...
Jepp :yay:

Damn it I don't want to spend money but I want the Halo 3 multiplayer beta!

Any ideas?

I hope MS decide to release a multiplayer demo some time shortly after the beta is out, that would really float my boat...:heh:

*something that is thrown and looks like a old WW2 Hand grenade.

I think those are the Brute Spike grenades that Frankie mentioned in the write-up of the video on Bungie.net

This is the object I'm talking about. Why would you need to throw away your gun? You also see Mister Master chief picking up two of these in the video.

And if you see in the top right corner there is a item that looks like it.

Well, throwing an empty gun as a last-ditch defense may be useful.

It might be some kind of target object, maybe you team has to keep if for as long as possible, and the player can pass it to another by throwing it too them.

I thought of that, but you need the disc to play the beta, even after you've downloaded it.

Some of this Halo 3 stuff seems weird...

Firstly yeah, it seems you can throw (empty) weapons which seems fairly funny.

Also, you can pick up 2 weapons at once now that you have two pick up buttons (2 shoulder buttons) are used for reloads and pick ups.

Well, throwing an empty gun as a last-ditch defense may be useful.

It might be some kind of target object, maybe you team has to keep if for as long as possible, and the player can pass it to another by throwing it too them.

I thought of that, but you need the disc to play the beta, even after you've downloaded it.

http://www.lovefilm.com gives you a 30 day free trial, which is longer than the beta lasts. :)

Boom Boom Rocket is aweeeessssoommeeee. Feel tempted to buy some more points so I can get it, mainly at the thought of being able to play to your own songs. That is true, right? Says so at majornelson.com

Boom Boom Rocket is aweeeessssoommeeee. Feel tempted to buy some more points so I can get it, mainly at the thought of being able to play to your own songs. That is true, right? Says so at majornelson.com

No, it has a "visualisor" mode, where you can watch your own music played as Fireworks. But its pointless tbh.

No, it has a "visualisor" mode, where you can watch your own music played as Fireworks. But its pointless tbh.

Dammit. :red: Shouldn't have got my hopes up in the first place, was pretty unrealistic. No way am I paying 800 for that then.

Couple of questions about XBLA:

Do the prices ever drop?

What is on the horizon?

Bearing in mind the game was £70.

Thats the most Ive ever spent on a guy personally, and its not the best game Ive ever played, thus shouldnt be the most expensive.

played friends GH2 and I love the game but the £70 is putting me off. I can pick up the Guitar Freaks/Drummania silver game for like £35 with 3rd party Guitar. I got the whole Guitar bug so may get that instead.

im not blown away by halo 3's graphics tbh... halo 1 was a classic and halo 2 to me was pretty ass, just felt like an extension to the original... i hope halo 3 is actually a proper sequal and a genuine step forward graphically and gameplay wise... cos so far tbh i aint been blown away by anything ive seen of halo 3

Graphically, the Beta isnt what we're going to get, the really great graphical touches and frame rate stuff is sorted out at the end of the dev cycle.

Halo 2 was so amazing grapically anyway, i don't think you'll see too much of a step up in terms of detail, i definatly think the gameplay will be even more addictive and varied and they'll be more action and stuff going on on screen due to the power of the 360.

and yeah, the only thing puttin gme of GH II is price, and the chances of finding a cheap one second hand are extremly slim for the next few months, by the time the year ends GH III will be out according to some stuff i've read from activision.

Dammit. :red: Shouldn't have got my hopes up in the first place, was pretty unrealistic. No way am I paying 800 for that then.

Couple of questions about XBLA:

Do the prices ever drop?

What is on the horizon?

Prices on arcade games? Never.

Horizon? Not much.

I sure certain demo's were removed from japanese servers. I wanted Wrestle Kingdom Demo but it is no longer on marketplace.

Aww dammnit! I really need to play that demo. Tenchu is just awesome.....Then again a USA demo will probably be out next month some time. The game is due out like may 7th or something. No word on a European release though.

They really should have XBL Arcade sales every now and again.

They really should have XBL Arcade sales every now and again.

Great idea! old shit no ones buying, so reduce price and getmore sales for the devs et al =D