NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Sky player is unreal !

Love all the movies on demand, Prob watch the liverpool match the nite aswell on it.

Is this ment to be the UK's version of Netflix ?

Where is it? I can't see it on the dashboard.

Check the post 6 posts above yours.

Yes, I did see that. And it does say it will be launched today, and what with m_fergy having it I thought I had missed it.

Its on the "Video Marketplace" Matt

Its not on mine, they must be rolling it out throughout the day or something. Thanks anyway, I will check back later.

Edited by MATtheHAT
Automerged Doublepost

It's there on the Video marketplace now ready for download, however the sky player appears to have crashed again. DNS error ahoy. :(

It's there on the Video marketplace now ready for download, however the sky player appears to have crashed again. DNS error ahoy. :(

That is what happens when trying to get an ID on the web. Apparantly they are streamlining the process.

It's now working. Manged to log in and register my xbox with my Sky ID through the xbox and started watching tv... which was pretty pointless as I have sky anyway on this tv.

But it's still cool having the on demand service there so can catch up with things I miss via the Xbox. Works pretty well now it's up and running.

It seems to work well, but it's missing absolutely everything I watch on Sky (i.e. the proper Sky 1 shows, not reality and game show rubbish).

Edit: It's also a shame that they haven't done a BBC iPlayer with it.

Does the Sky Player have Sky Sports? Tempted to set up the sky player thing, but I don't think it will work too well on my crap 0.5Mbps connection.

Yeah it has sports, but I don't think it will work very well on your narrowband...

Yeah it has sports, but I don't think it will work very well on your narrowband...

High Quality seems to work will on 2Mbps, so low may work.

Also, you need to have Sky Sports on your main box.

havent seen the sky player on there at all presides the delay thing thats on myxbox :(

hopefully will be a new date for it soon

"we underestimated the demand" /facepalm

got skyplayer now :) loads of movies etc to choose from even if not on multiroom :)

I think the best thing on the Sky Player for me so far is the Sky Sports offering of all the football highlights and all the Sky movie selections. The choice is brilliant, must be hundreds of films on here to pick from. Thumbs up from me.

Looking back at my saves the last time I played Bioshock was Christmas Eve 2007. I didn't even complete the first section.

Now I've played and completed it in a few days.

What a fantastic game. I loved to bits walking around with my fingers on fire setting everyone alight, I felt just like Roy Mustang.

Even though I played it like I used to play scouring every corner and not playing for achievements I'm very disappointed I missed 1 of the Power to the People stations.

And also those voice dairies, I'm pretty sure I got every one of them. Oh well.

The ending was a bit of a letdown, it felt a little too easy. I went in with 9 health packs and finished it with, I'll say 6. I did use the health station once.

I can't wait for the second game now.

I have and am using it right now. But it seems they are rolling it out in stages....

This is what the Sky Player website says:

Following an unpredicted technical issue at launch on Tuesday, the Sky Player on Xbox 360 service was suspended.

We would like to apologise to those who have been unable to access the service but we can assure them that Sky Player engineers are working to resolve the problem.

Not sure if that's an old message from in the week or not. But yeah im using it right now watching football highlights, guess I was lucky and managed to download it when it was working. :)

Mine appeared on the dashboard, i downloaded it. Went back online later on and it disappeared!

I'm not 2 bothered though coz i don't think i will actually use it!

Told you it was good!

Well you were wrong, it's fantastic =P. Probably my favourite game I have played this generation, just for the sheer atmosphere of it.

Not to start anything here but I can't stop thinking about the big Nintendo fans out there, stubborn ones, that are missing out on so many amazing games this generation.

They refuse to get another console, whatever, fanboys or not they flat out will not play anything else, and through that they miss out on an entire era of gaming. Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, GTA IV, Mass Effect, Portal, Braid... the list is a long one. Makes me wonder what I missed two generations ago when I stubbornly refused to buy a PlayStation to accompany my N64.

I'm in a similar boat now, how many PS3 games am I missing out on. God of War? MGS4? Resistance? Man, I wish I could afford all 3 consoles :heh:

But before that I want a bigger TV...

So... so very big....

Not to start anything here but I can't stop thinking about the big Nintendo fans out there, stubborn ones, that are missing out on so many amazing games this generation.

They refuse to get another console, whatever, fanboys or not they flat out will not play anything else, and through that they miss out on an entire era of gaming. Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, GTA IV, Mass Effect, Portal, Braid... the list is a long one. Makes me wonder what I missed two generations ago when I stubbornly refused to buy a PlayStation to accompany my N64.

I'm in a similar boat now, how many PS3 games am I missing out on. God of War? MGS4? Resistance? Man, I wish I could afford all 3 consoles :heh:

But before that I want a bigger TV...

So... so very big....

Yeah i dont get why people do that, i will get a ps3 later on to catch up, but cant afford at the mo. But when it comes to the wii, its just cheesy, theirs not too many AAA titles, i dont see why people are so against playing outside of nintendo, all theyre doin is missin out on the fun!

I will quote what I just posted in the Sin & Punishment 2 topic.

While we all have our favourite consoles there is no denying that there are quality titles out on ALL 3 machines and BOTH handhelds and to think otherwise is ridiculous.

I love my Nintendo consoles that being said I would never want to miss out on the great games that the other consoles provide just because Nintendo are my favourite.

As someone who was a complete Nintendo fanboy right up until the GC release (only non-Nintendo console I owned was a second-hand PS1 that I bought for £15, and only for one specific game), I have to say, I totally do not get people who only have a Wii. Like, I just can't get excited about yet another lightgun game, or mediocre third party JRPG, when theres Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Orange Box, LittleBigPlanet and Heavy Rain on the others.