NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Well what can i say! A week after sending my console of i have got one back!!!!!!!!!!

They have sent me a replacement model, manufactoring date is newer than my faulty elite.

Very impressed with the service!

:grin: :grin: :grin::) :) :) :) :)

So after learning I'm somewhat decent at playing fps (who figured?) I want to buy some, L4D 1 and 2 (when it comes out) are my top priority and I blame jayseven for my small addiction.

I'm not really into hide and seek type fps, more 'american' style where you go all guns blasing and end up with a few lucky head shots. Haha

Ideas?

Mike that is awesome, grats.

Shame it still costs around £30; it's like a bloody Nintendo game.

If you don't have Halo 3 then that's an obvious choice, and a dirt cheap one these days. So long as you play it on a pre-Heroic difficulty level you can pretty much charge in and come out on top, but it also offers a lot more variety than most shooters due to the vehicles and diverse weapon set.

I'd actually suggest FEAR 2, partly because you can pick it up for around £10-15 fairly easily but mainly because it's a very solid shooter that's all about wading in to the enemy, preferably in slow motion. It does come with one rather large caveat, though: if you're not a fan of supernatural horror then the 'scary' elements will put you off. There's a demo on the Marketplace if you ever want to give it a try, anyway.

Also, Red Faction: Guerilla. It might not be first-person, but I don't think there's any finer game in terms of 'unstoppable badassery'; plow through walls, collapse buildings on troops, or simply take out an entire complex of EDF by whacking them with your sledgehammer. Its weapons range from a standard pistol to mini-nukes and a rifle that disintegrates matter, and as games go it's very much about charging into an enemy base and literally levelling it. Again, demo on the Marketplace.

In other news, I came across a way to buy 2100MS points from GAME for £11.99 the other day. It's rather cheeky, but as I very much doubt any of you care about that...

1. Find the 2100 Xbox Points Card on the GAME.co.uk website.

2. Add it to your basket.

3. Search for a game that isn't out yet and is more than £35, then add that to your basket — just search for Modern Warfare 2 or something.

4. View your shopping basket and scroll to the bottom.

5. Add the promo code '3368yaw', which takes £5 off the first item in your basket.

6. Continue and finish the order.

7. Go to your order history and cancel the order for Modern Warfare 2.

8. BINGO! If you've done it correctly, a 2100 Xbox Points Card will be winging its way to you for a piddling £11.99.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've never really been a halo fan, never appealed. I'll have a look at CoD and FEAR 2, I recall playing FEAR 1 on the pc with two sissys haha xD

Shame it still costs around £30; it's like a bloody Nintendo game.

If you don't have Halo 3 then that's an obvious choice, and a dirt cheap one these days. So long as you play it on a pre-Heroic difficulty level you can pretty much charge in and come out on top, but it also offers a lot more variety than most shooters due to the vehicles and diverse weapon set.

I'd actually suggest FEAR 2, partly because you can pick it up for around £10-15 fairly easily but mainly because it's a very solid shooter that's all about wading in to the enemy, preferably in slow motion. It does come with one rather large caveat, though: if you're not a fan of supernatural horror then the 'scary' elements will put you off. There's a demo on the Marketplace if you ever want to give it a try, anyway.

Also, Red Faction: Guerilla. It might not be first-person, but I don't think there's any finer game in terms of 'unstoppable badassery'; plow through walls, collapse buildings on troops, or simply take out an entire complex of EDF by whacking them with your sledgehammer. Its weapons range from a standard pistol to mini-nukes and a rifle that disintegrates matter, and as games go it's very much about charging into an enemy base and literally levelling it. Again, demo on the Marketplace.

In other news, I came across a way to buy 2100MS points from GAME for £11.99 the other day. It's rather cheeky, but as I very much doubt any of you care about that...

3. Search for a game that isn't out yet and is more than £35, then add that to your basket — just search for Modern Warfare 2 or something.

5. Add the promo code '3368yaw', which takes £5 off the first item in your basket.

8. BINGO! If you've done it correctly, a 2100 Xbox Points Card will be winging its way to you for a piddling £11.99.

Genius. I think I love you.

Dude. sweet.

First set of Games on Demand games (which doesn't apply to me as my HDD isn't big enough):

Assassin's Creed

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Burnout Paradise

Perfect Dark Zero

Call of Duty 2

Prey

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis

Fight Night Round 3

SEGA Rally

Kameo: Elements of Power

Test Drive: Unlimited

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

Mass Effect

Tomb Raider: Legend

Meet The Robinsons

Viva Piñata

MX vs. ATV Untamed

Viva Piñata 2: Trouble in Paradise

Need for Speed Carbon

Edit: According to an Inside Xbox video, some of them (such as Mass Effect) are 1600 MS Points. Which actually sounds quite reasonable.

Edited by Cube

Cheers for that code aimless, used it on the Halo 3 ODST controller pack, dont mind payin £55 for that, i had it on order for £30, so £25 for a nice lookin controller will do me as my black ones pretty fucked, the ODST one is wireless right?

Well what can i say! A week after sending my console of i have got one back!!!!!!!!!!

They have sent me a replacement model, manufactoring date is newer than my faulty elite.

Very impressed with the service!

:grin: :grin: :grin::) :) :) :) :)

Don't be too impressed. Remember it shouldn't have broken in the first place....

Just bought a second 360 for my bedroom, 2nd hand off ebay for £95 with controller and 20gb HDD and 4 games.

Major problem, im off ill with swine flu atm and one of the games is FFXI which i was addicted to a couple of years back...... i want to install it, must resist temptation.....

Just spotted some things for sale on the Games on Demand section:

Assassin's Creed (6.56GB), Call of duty 2 (5.27GB), LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga (5.71GB), Mass Effect (6.83GB), Need for Speed Carbon (5.03GB), Oblivion (5.87GB) and Viva Pinata (4.83GB).

All of them cost 2400 MS Points, or if you prefer buying them in real monies (which is the default option) it's £19.99. Which is pretty much more than they cost in shops (where they don't take up 25% of your HDD).

Gave my 360 to the UPS guy this afternoon, i'm going to miss the NXE update >_> heard it takes about 2 or 3 weeks to get it back. Didn't know i had to send it to Germany either o_0

All of them cost 2400 MS Points, or if you prefer buying them in real monies (which is the default option) it's £19.99. Which is pretty much more than they cost in shops (where they don't take up 25% of your HDD).

Thats crazy, most of these games are availible or a tenner at most, some even less. When will they learn that if the downloads are to take off they need to be dirt cheap. If they were £5-£8 each i might try some but at £19.99 they can keep them!

Thats crazy, most of these games are availible or a tenner at most, some even less. When will they learn that if the downloads are to take off they need to be dirt cheap. If they were £5-£8 each i might try some but at £19.99 they can keep them!

The prices are hardly going to convince people (like me) who think that not having a disk is a disadvantage.

QTJPV-TTBKR-7TJJG-8PBRV-WJ2J8

HY6PX-JHWQG-TBD68-M86JW-VGXTM

G8JFF-4XDDJ-MD3D8-W97B3-Y29TQ

VT6JM-GYCQD-9692Q-79MH6-XM4C6

DPB4W-XCTPV-FHY4H-8WD8D-9CYP8

DGXF8-J2J2D-D6P2Y-3DDFT-JYG6Y

T4BBW-J2GJR-8K8FY-CJTCJ-BVH3D

KTY7G-P82V6-7TW3R-WBRPW-9RF9W

MGVKM-BJH8G-DYTXC-QFXWR-79WXY

Codes for Map Pack 3 for World at War. Disregard this post if you get here 2 minutes after the post time.

EDIT: Yeah they're all gone. Sorry folks!

Edited by Dyson

Don't be too impressed. Remember it shouldn't have broken in the first place....

Ah yes... So very true!

Gave my 360 to the UPS guy this afternoon, i'm going to miss the NXE update >_> heard it takes about 2 or 3 weeks to get it back. Didn't know i had to send it to Germany either o_0

As you can see from my post at the top of the page, from when i gave mine to the UPS man i got it back a week later! Hopefully the same will happen with you!

Attempting to get another 2100 points card using the same trick on the same account (first one got despatched today :D).

Just noticed something abit annoying with my replacement console!

I have to delete all the games i had installed on my hard drive and re-install them for the game to play from the hard drive!

I noticed that my 360 was reading the disc while playing on games i had installed, when i went back to the menu and pressed Y then 'play from hard drive' i got a message saying 'only games installed on the hard drive and console can be played from hard drive, please re-install to play from it'

Think i will wait till the dashboard update since the install sizes are ment to be abit smaller!

So I bought xbl gold for £5 for the month, do they charge you the month after if you forget to cancel it?

If they do, just how do I cancel.

You can either phone up customer support and cancel it or you can log into your account on xbox.com and go to your profile. From there you can go into payment options ( I think ) and knock the automatic renewal off. The option just appeared the other week.

Edited by Hero-of-Time