N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Guest Jordan

Wow, Halo 3's multi definitly looks like a step up in level and weapon design.

Bubble shield finally confirmed eh?

EDIT:

Also, what the hell, EDF2017 is stupidly long.

11% done in nearly 3 hours.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus leaving the beta this late after the sale of the game made people hold onto it :p

I'd say it was more that you need the disc to download the beta, rather than a serial key. People would have taken out the serial paper and sold it one. Clever really.

Wow, Halo 3's multi definitly looks like a step up in level and weapon design.

Bubble shield finally confirmed eh?

EDIT:

Also, what the hell, EDF2017 is stupidly long.

11% done in nearly 3 hours.

It has over 50 missions, I think I'm around level 47! Its damn good fun! Have you got the Cascade rocket launcher? Thats my favorite!

Guest Jordan
Just to clarify; do all the people who bought Crackdown get to try out the Halo 3 Beta?

Nope, i bought mine for Crackdown. That beta is just a plus for me.

Just to clarify; do all the people who bought Crackdown get to try out the Halo 3 Beta?

Nope, i bought mine for Crackdown. That beta is just a plus for me.

I think he meant do all people who bought Crackdown the game have access to the beta.

You only get access to the beta if it says so on the front of your box.

Everyone should watch that Halo 3 video.

I'm pretty sure the X button, where they didn't actually say what it was, is the shield thing or the trip mine which can blow up vehicles....

Guest Jordan
I assumed that they would just be types of grenade and so thrown in the same way as a regular grenade

Well, afaik you can only ever throw a granade when single wielding, if thats the case you use the Left Trigger and the Left Bumper to change granades anyway...

Well, afaik you can only ever throw a granade when single wielding, if thats the case you use the Left Trigger and the Left Bumper to change granades anyway...

Yeah, that was my point, therefore I reckon the X button isn't used for the shield grenade and trip wire things as Moria suggested.

Probably wrong though, usually am.

Guest Jordan
I'm hoping they're not finished yet and these are just Halo 2 placeholder models

They're keeping the same style of graphics from Halo 2 in the multiplayer. Everything is just higher res, more detailed and has more little sparkly bits on.

Also, thanks for the heads up rokhed. I'm like... 32 levels in now.

Am i the only one who seems un impressed with Halo3's graphics? They look barley any diffrent to Halo2.

Feel the same way, and we all know the master chief will win and save everything.

Microsoft Game Studios are you listening? I'll explain something to you tell your studios to come up with interesting storylines - not push the same clichés down out throats for the nth time. Please.

Zelda Freak, all you ever do is cause confrontations in this and the PS3 thread, you have already been banned and you came back named as MrX begging to be let in saying you will calm down and you havent.

This is your last chance before i get a Admin to ban you again.

Am i the only one who seems un impressed with Halo3's graphics? They look barley any diffrent to Halo2.

Those are from the Alpha build, they'll be even better than that in the Beta.

Feel the same way, and we all know the master chief will win and save everything.

Microsoft Game Studios are you listening? I'll explain something to you tell your studios to come up with interesting storylines - not push the same clichés down out throats for the nth time. Please.

Is anyone seriously buying Halo 3 for anything other than the multiplayer? I doubt I'll even touch the single player until either my internet screws up or my Live account runs out.

Zelda Freak, all you ever do is cause confrontations in this and the PS3 thread, you have already been banned and you came back named as MrX begging to be let in saying you will calm down and you havent.

This is your last chance before i get a Admin to ban you again.

Would it count if we taunt him, just to get him banned?

To me the first two halo games were crap, chances of this being a good game 10%? If that even.

Why am i not surprised to hear such a statement from you? :indeed: . But in a way I agree, I never really saw anything special about the Halo series. Definitely gonna get the beta, I'm not going to dismiss halo 3 on my opinion of the first 2. From what I've seen it looks great fun.

EDIT: I'm not saying they are crap, just nothing special to me.

hmmm If I rented Crackdown from Gamefly and I had the disk the same time the beta was released I would be able to get it right?

Yeah i think so, but in order to run the beta, don't you need the crackdown disc in the console? or am i spouting crap?

Guest Stefkov
Yeah i think so, but in order to run the beta, don't you need the crackdown disc in the console? or am i spouting crap?

If you go into the downloads in the game and hold there for a couple seconds, a thing comes up at the bottom which you can click for the Halo 3 beta. So yeah I guess you woul have to keep in the disc to play it.