N-Europe

RE: I am Scared of the Revolution.....

ZeldaFreak

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are all people not scared when they try something brand new? Were people not wary of the DS when that was first released? Oh look, they had no need. I'm not scared of Revolution, I welcome it with open arms. I'm more scared of what might happen to the games market if Nintendo weren't around. Not the prettiest sight I bet. People may not realise it, but if it wasn't for Nintendo, what we consider as gaming today might not even exist.

Right now a controller and a nunchuk add on will be, but Nintendo is thinking about adding another controller as well." - George Harrison.

I still think it's highly unlikely, how many games will use it? Probably 1 or 2.. how many people will want to pay extra for a game they wont buy? None

1 or 2? There is huge potential to use 2 FHC, than 1 FHC and a nunchuk. I have been told that there will be at least one big :yay: : peace: title revealed at E3 that will use this gameplay configuration, but it will be also playable with the nunchuk.

For now I just can't trust my source, cause the name of the game she told me was that game! I mean a game we all want to Revo :bowdown:.

1 or 2? There is huge potential to use 2 FHC, than 1 FHC and a nunchuk. I have been told that there will be at least one big :yay: : peace: title revealed at E3 that will use this gameplay configuration, but it will be also playable with the nunchuk.

For now I just can't trust my source, cause the name of the game she told me was that game! I mean a game we all want to Revo :bowdown:.

They'll probably port over some EA crap like Fight Night 3 - renamed to Fight Night Ringside.

Providing a second controller considering a minority of people will take advantage would be a bad move.

Ever heard of multiplayer?

Whats better than buyin the Revo, gettin home and having a blast playin it?

Buyin the Revo, gettin home and you and a mate havin a blast playin it together!

How can packing in an extra controller be a bad move? Seriously who is gonna complain about that. ''Ma'am i want a refund on this, it has too many controllers''

The original NES was released in America with 2 controllers and Mario/Duck Hunt to massive success

It's a bad move because it is making someone who might not want to play multiplayer or buy a multiplayer game pay for something he or she doesn't want.

Don't try and come back with some "OMG 94% of people will play multiplayer" or "well they're just loners" or "STFU n00b 2 handed games" because all 3 arguments are pretty shit considering the information we know.

- As far as we 'know' no decent game will require the use of 2 controllers as standard.

- As far as we know Nintendo want this system to be as cheap as possible.

Substeinar.. the shell is cheap, it will probably be like the Wavebird without a rumble pack, it's just buttons and chipboard. No expensive wireless technology like in the FHC.

The cost of a shell is an insignificance in comparison to the price of the equipment going into the FHC.

Guest Stefkov

they could do bundles with one having 2 controllers andthe other having 1 at a price of only £10 to £20 difference or something, then it would encourage people to buy another controlelr for mulitplayer or shoving it....

but they could do that, if people didnt want a second controller then they wont have to fork out another £10 to £20 for another controller. maybe not £10-£20 maybe cheaper to encourage people to buy a second and encourage them to play mulitplayer with someone. i have 4 GC controllers for maybe one day maybe my parents may want to play. you never know.

i think it could all be done in bundles. if a game requires 2 controller then it will be in a bundle with 2 controllers witha rev and other stuf. a game that doesnt require 2 controlelrs to play it or may require 2 if you want to play it that way, will be bundled a one and they will allow £10-£20 (like i said above) for another controller to experience it with 2.

i dont think they will ship the boxes with 2. i mean we dont know of any games that will use 2, wil there be any at launch, maybe we will find out at E3. ad like nintendork said hey want it as cheap as possible.

I think we're certain to see the system with one controller and the analogue stick attachment in the box. Ideally Nintendo would include another controller and a controller shell to cover everything, but I think its unlikely. I wouldn't rule out the shell but unless there's a launch title which requires two controllers at one point I don't think there's any chance of it happening. I think most people will be buying two controllers on day one anyway to enjoy some multiplayer gaming.

Personally I'd like to see the system come with some sort of demo disc, with a sample of each launch title. I think its unlikely though as Nintendo will likely have such demos available on the Nintendo WiFi service from day one and allow people to download them that way.

Nintendo will never pack in the shell,: Nintendo is trying to push the thing which makes the rev unique, the FHC.

They just mentioned the shell one time like : "Ahh yeh? perhaps there´ll be a shell..."

For VC you just use a gc pad as well as for standard controll mechanics.

I don´t need that shell! realy I wanna play with FHC!

I have realised something because of the FHC Nintendo are excluding people who have arthritis in arms or wrists, if they do include force feedback then people with heart conditions might have a problem. Also as GI said it was better to play Red Steel standing upwards, then people with knee or leg problems, are gonna find it difficult.

And the way I see it Nintendo is scaring people that it wants to buy its system, so again they have started at a disadvantage if they want to be a second system in peoples homes.