N-Europe

More Rev info soon?

DiemetriX

[A C V]

In the "Next Issue" section of EGM, they show a Revolution controller and promise that there will be new exclusive information about it next issue. They say they'll have an exclusive interview with high-ranked Nintendo officials about the online service, back catalogue, and game lineup, as well as hands-on impressions of the controller. With Game Informer already revealing information this month, it seems the floodgates have opened.

The June issue of EGM should be out in maybe the last week of this month, which is just a week or two before E3. Stay with us for updates on everything Revolution-related!

[/A C V]

I hope we get alot of news soon.

I reckon something big will drop by the weekend, I'm also confident ONM (UK) will have something solid this issue.

By this weekend? Really? I hope so!

ONM is a maybe for me, they keep promising good stuff but haven't delivered as of yet! I'm also hoping April 13th edition will have some superb new news on the revo though, keep those fingers crossed!

I'm really hoping we keep getting some new info up till May 9th, it really isn't that long away now, but it would be nice to get some news right up till it to tide us over!

I've never been so excited, E3 is really going to rock!

ONM is a maybe for me, they keep promising good stuff but haven't delivered as of yet! I'm also hoping April 13th edition will have some superb new news on the revo though, keep those fingers crossed!

The next issue is delayed... Issue three of ONM will be on sale on 20 April http://forum.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4830&sid=9a3cbc840461ceaf320fe3bf8dd39d4b

Anyway... the Revo news should start flooding in soon.... E3 is so close i can almost taste it!

It depends whether Red Steel was a one off exception to the non disclosure agreement or whether Nintendo has lifted it for all major or minor developpers.

I mean it's working.. Nintendo have 4 Revolution stories on the digg front page and a couple of DS stories too.

It really is working.. by the end of the week Red Steel will have died down, perhaps it would be wise to release something else for Revolution. Depends how they want to play it.. I doubt it will be a first party title, and i doubt it's gonna come from Nintendo directly- but perhaps something else will pop up.

I'm just waffling now, knowing that Nintendo worked so closely with Ubisoft on this one, and it really is the hardcore flagship for the console perhaps it is a 'one off' treat.

you can pretty much expect big news every week until e3 from now....

once one publusher has shown something, other will be missing out on publicity and will have to be allowed by nintendo to get their wares 'out there'

however, this will all fit into a schedule and this game being unveiled now will all be part of a broad 'media plan'

Yes but what if all the publishers are still bound by the no names, no screenshots no nothing disclosure agreements?

The only thing we've heard from most major developpers is either a genre or a title and a linked genre.

Red Steel has done it's job, it has made a big wave in the hardcore gaming community and debunked the myth that this controller is a gimmick.

Skeptics who have seen the Red Steel screens will now take Revolution seriously at E3- that's the real aim of pre-E3 news.

Yes but what if all the publishers are still bound by the no names, no screenshots no nothing disclosure agreements?

The only thing we've heard from most major developpers is either a genre or a title and a linked genre.

they will all be given windows to promote their titles... some will have done deals with nintendo for this and others will be offered the chance based on the importance or the the game.

based on visuals, the maturity of the content, and use of the controller, i would say red steel is an obvious choice for early promotion.... it gets lots of points across without revealing any of nintendos in-house stuff.

whatever... ubsoft will have had to approve the decision to go with the game informer editorial with nintendo before breaking their NDA.

There are more Red Steel details and pics coming this week. We weren't really supposed to have seen any thing yet but when the mag officaily comes out more people will be free to talk.

“Once the magazine comes out - I will elaborate more. I wish I could talk right now but I’m in a bit of a “silent mode” - you know? You guys weren’t supposed to see this magazine until next week!

I want to tell you all my thoughts on the power of the system, what I thought of the controls, etc.

And I will…at the approriate time. (ie. Next Week)

For now, I will say - NINTENDOMEGATON!

http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=114537164&brd=8263&start=114539893

Expect some more big things soon people.:D

EDIT: link is for IGN insiders only soz.

Guest Stefkov

this is so exciting! all this information coming out in the two weeks i am off school! this is the best easter holiday ever!

Skeptics who have seen the Red Steel screens will now take Revolution seriously at E3- that's the real aim of pre-E3 news.

You have no idea how wrong you are.

I give to you my MSN conversation with a skeptic

El Marko twa: what you talking about revolution graphics?

Bésame el pi: u dint click the links then

El Marko twa: yes

El Marko twa: they were crappy artists impressions

El Marko twa: so what was your pint?

Marko twa: point*

Bésame el pi: no they were ingame shots from red steel

Bésame el pi: revolution launch title

El Marko twa: bolllx

El Marko twa: who the links again

El Marko twa: show them

Bésame el pi: http://www.endangeredgamer.blogspot.com/

El Marko twa: yes

El Marko twa: and

El Marko twa: they are scans of magazines

El Marko twa: not in gfame footafge

Bésame el pi: yes in game screenshots in a magazine

El Marko twa: they are not ingame

Bésame el pi: yeas they are

El Marko twa: unless this game is about seconds long

Bésame el pi: check ign if u dont believe

El Marko twa: give me a link

Bésame el pi: http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/700/700748p1.html

El Marko twa: hehe

El Marko twa: that link says nothing about them being ingame

El Marko twa: give me a quote

Bésame el pi: "The mag published first screens of the title in motion,"

El Marko twa: duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

El Marko twa: doesnt mean they are in game

El Marko twa: they could be shitty cutscreens or anything

El Marko twa: like killzone for the PS2

Bésame el pi: oh ffs they are ingame getover it

El Marko twa: they showeed the most amazing graphics including first person pics months before release

El Marko twa: the power is only slightly better than the original xbox

El Marko twa: you still need to give me evidence

El Marko twa: they dont look in game

El Marko twa: you can just tell

El Marko twa: any evidence?

El Marko twa: no..............

El Marko twa: they look cartoony

El Marko twa: not as in cel shaded

El Marko twa: no other game console has made those sort of graphics

El Marko twa: in game

El Marko twa: and I havent even mentioned PCs with twice the power of the 360

El Marko twa: I have got it!

El Marko twa: I know why they arent in gaem

El Marko twa: game

El Marko twa: they are 2D

El Marko twa: if you take the time to notie you can tell

El Marko twa: it is a semi decent airbrush art

El Marko twa: not IN GAME

^ yes I agree. There are some people out there who are arrogantly biased against anything Nintendo, no matter what they do. Its a shame, really.... They should open their mind and realise that they have big ideas and the means to make them possible.

Anyway, Issue three of ONM will be on sale on 20 April. How convienient? Ive also heard rumours floating around that the 20th April is the day when the NDA's finally get lifted. Lets hope so.

How many other people seriously think like that though? There's point-blank evidence that they are in-game.

Until I saw evidence, I thought the big screens in the magazine were artwork, too. They seem rather posed and 'drawn', though that might be because they are magazine scans.

There are some people out there who are arrogantly biased against anything Nintendo, no matter what they do. Its a shame, really.... They should open their mind and realise that they have big ideas and the means to make them possible.
I don't think that opening topics like 'sony stealing the revmote' in which people get worried about Sony's evilness shows a general open minded attitude on these boards either.