62 members have voted

1. 1. Virtual Election tomorrow- who do you vote for

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib dem
    • BNP/UKIP
    • Green
    • I wouldnt vote

Labour, they seem to be the only viable party.

Tories are just shits - I would never trust the power of the country with them. Libdems are liars - the party to all people, and will oppose contraversial subjects in order to gain popularity. Green's just don't have many viable policies unfortunetly. BNP/UKIP are a bunch of racists. They serve to meet the needs of bigots and if they were in power - their anti-Europe views would make this country much worse off.

Not voting? Its an insult to the millions of people who died defending this country.

Lib Dem. Unless the Tories magically become electable in the meantime, then Tory Lite - New Labour.

green - becasue we'd all run out of air in this lifetime.

All politicians are wankers, doesn't matter who you vote for, you still get an arsehole running the country.

Conservative, that not so power hungry as Labour, and a vote for lib dems is a vote wasted.

labour any day. Life has always been decent when they're running the country. Why change it?

all ****s so wouldnt vote

So all candidates are ****s are they? Surely there is someone in your constituency who isn't a member of one of the main political parties? Its fucking stupid to waste a vote becuase you (Im guessing) can't be arsed polling a vote on election day - even if it was voting for a no-hoper in protest.

How can you pigeon hole UKIP and the BNP? They're both completely different.

If I was a UKIP supporter I would not be happy about being placed in the same box as the BNP.

While 'not voting' is a nice touch you don't go to an election and spoil your ballot, you just don't vote.

Seems silly to have it here, I encourage voting (properly) for everyone even if it's just for the Monster Raving Looney Party.

I would support the Green party, with a scientific background and interest I'm heavily worried about the environment and the economy.. but the Green party seem to think the latter is not important, their ideas for education are not solid.

This idea that a vote for Liberal Democrats is a wasted vote is part of a political campaign, it's scare tactics and there is no science- if you vote it is not a waste. it's just like saying if you buy that car, that's a waste of money.. buy ours it is better.

Yes their support is very thinly spread around the country.. it's a shame because they have some solid ideas but it is going to take some serious steps for them to take constituencies.

Colchester and Cambridgeshire are like the only Liberal constituencies in the East of England I think.

Conservative all the way, what a legend David Cameron is. And how can you put UKIP and the BNP together? Not only are they different parties, but are not even similar in the slightest.

Hmmm, seems to be panning out just like it would in a real election, the majority not voting, Labour winning because "there's no-one else to vote for" followed by the Conservatives and the Lib Dem's.

New Labour, I'm a Blair fanboy. Wow are those flames I can feel already? :wink:

Tory all the way. Would have voted for Labour 5 years ago but now them and their ID cards bill can go burn in hell.

Used to be green because i'm a bit of a hippie, but they're a bit to leftie for me now.

if you vote it is not a waste.

In the First Post The post System there are lots of wasted votes.

Anyway I would vote Labour.

At least some of the UKIP members are ex-BNP, or are affiliated with/members other groups of somewhat dubious standing. Aidan Rankin, co-author of their 2001 manifesto is a member (Or ex-member who still writes articles for them, depending on who you want to believe) of National Front breakaway The Third Way, a group which says that different races should not interbreed. Portsmouth candidate Michael Keith Smith is founder of the Conservative Democratic Alliance who recently held a rally in tribute to Enoch Powell. And Mike Nattrass, the party chairman, was in the racist, pro-Apartheid New Britian Party. Not forgetting Frank Maloney, their candidate for London mayor, who said he wouldn't campaign in Camden because there are "too many gays" there and UKIP's parliamentary candidate for Dunfermline West, Alastair Harper, who was a leading figure in the neo-fascist Northern League founded by eugenicist Roger Pearson.

One thing I do agree with Cameron on is that UKIP has its fair share of "fruit cakes, loonies and closet racists". But then I think that little outbust shows the identity crisis the Tories are having at the moment.

"We're a liberal progressive party"

"Wait, where are you little old ladies going? Were the tories, remember! Maggie Thatcher, best PM since churchill and all that"

"Hey, young people, come back! We're cool and rad, trendy progressive liberals, compassionate conservatives, nothing like Thatcher. Hey, aren't those UKIP squares a load of racist loonies?"

"Hey, where are you racist loonies going, we need your votes! Come back! You know what we say, lock em up, ship em back, hang em high!"

Doesn't bother me too much, as someone who grew up in the North at the hight of Thatcherism and saw what the Tories did to places like Newcastle, Manchester and Liverpool, I'm happy for them to be an unelectable joke for a long time yet. Thankfully, they had a blonde moment and chose David Cameron as a leader :D

Oh, and speaking of the BNP:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1749553,00.html

BNP in turmoil as members row about 'ethnic' candidate

Selection of Sharif Gawad provokes uproar among 'whites-only' hardcore

Yesterday the BNP admitted it had received a number of calls from angry members and that a hardcore had refused to accept Mr Gawad's candidacy on race grounds "even when it was explained that he was not a Pakistani Muslim".

:laughing:

Sign in to follow this