NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Halo Themed FPS MMO for Xbox 360

Gameinformer strikes again

halo_mmo_orion.jpg

According to a gaming magazine (Game Informer), Bungie are developing a Halo - Themed FPS MMO for the Xbox 360 - the game is still in the planning phase and it's codenamed Orion.

[GI]Last issue we told you about Bungie's Forerunner Halo project, and now we're gonna let you in on another game the develer has cooking - a project currently codenamed Orion. Bungie is leaning with Ensemble(>) Studios for the Halo -themed FPS MMO on the 360, and the game is currently still in the planning phase. So, details regarding Orion - like Forerunner - could change.[/GI]

Forerunner was a April fools though, wht are the chances on this being real?

Me thinks April fool, but we shall see in time.

Me thinks April fool, but we shall see in time.

Right, well teh guy who originally scanned in the Red Steel Revolution scans made a post saying: "I won't even tell you guys about Halo: Orion" about 3 minutes after he posted in the scans and got 10k+ hits.

Even if this were true, it's just Planetside rehashed. Hal doesn't have a universe worth making an MMO for.

well i reckon it would be good if they did do this. Just think, a group of 50 or so people, all having a massive war with hundreds of covenant's :D

a group of 50 or so people, all having a massive war with hundreds of covenant's :D

I would Lick it.

Its definently a really cool idea if they could pull it off without Trashing the Halo name. :heart:

Its definently a really cool idea if they could pull it off without Trashing the Halo name. :heart:

Isn't the Halo name already trashed thnks to two very generic FPS

Why is it that only about 3 people seem to have a copy of this magazine?

Its not actually out yet apparently, they just have early copies.

No this is the old issue, this news came out like 2 weeks ago ...

And I dunno if an MMO would be good... I don't wanna pay an extra 5 quid a month ...

Since Bungie are owned by MGS, it would run through XBL servers meaning there wouldn't be an online charge (probably).

I dunno if this would work, i'd love to see it as Planetside was great fun. Only thing is, there were only 3 living spartans left from the experiments. That and everyone would be called "Master Chief 029403943909090439".

Although, i'd love a huge urban map several miles in length with spartans against covernent. Awesome.

Thing is though, they said it would use an upgraded Halo 2 engine. Now that wouldn't be very goood would it ... :(

And wouldn't like 60-odd people start lagging with so many people?

Since Bungie are owned by MGS, it would run through XBL servers meaning there wouldn't be an online charge (probably).

I dunno if this would work, i'd love to see it as Planetside was great fun. Only thing is, there were only 3 living spartans left from the experiments. That and everyone would be called "Master Chief 029403943909090439".

Although, i'd love a huge urban map several miles in length with spartans against covernent. Awesome.

My guess, probably no-one would be able to be a spartan super soldier like Master Chief, you would be "normal" humans or such.

Or perhaps you could be an AI controlling a huge battleship ;)

Why does it have to be a Planetside rip off. Why can't they just make a Planetside sequel or a totally ORIGINAL MMO format!?

Jamba,

do you mean that every MMO FPS is a Planetside ripoff? Then isn't every FPS a Wolfenstien ripoff, or every platformer a Mario ripoff, etc.

Jamba,

do you mean that every MMO FPS is a Planetside ripoff? Then isn't every FPS a Wolfenstien ripoff, or every platformer a Mario ripoff, etc.

Quoted for agreement.

Isn't the Halo name already trashed thnks to two very generic FPS

You wouldn't have said that had Halo 2 been cel shaded and taken part mostly on the sea.

Jamba,

mario was a rip of of Manic Miner :P

(quoted because it's the truth)

If this does get released and comes to pc i may get it.

There is only 3 spartans left at the end of Halo1/halo2 (master chief, the woman, and a wounded one right)..?, but before that there was about 80 odd right, soemthign like that, it has been awhile since I read the books though. Planet side is great fun, somehting on that scale would be very cool.

Sign in to follow this