Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

well personally think it was ok, like people have said the plot was all over the place and some of the acting god damn awful...I mean why the fuck introduce these wierd green aliens, give us somebody else with a motive or something...unless thats revealed.I'm not quite sure why the Master wanted to create some many clones, there were hints at "hitler-esque" stuff when he said he had created "the master race" thats the only vague stuff I can get. Wasn't the lightning and stuff he life force bleeding from him, didn't the doctor briefly mention something like that?

HATED the resurrection, I thought no one was meant to remember saxon dieing etc...so how was there a cult with a book of saxon who foresaw his resurrection?!

You could tell timothy dalton was timelord before the big reveal if you vaguely recognised the timelord's "uniform" his collar looked the part. They were quite "evil" in the past doctor who series, punishing the doctor for his adventurous ways. I hope they have a good reveal for how they come to exist again and not just lame we were stuck in a time hole like the daleks or some bollocks.

I hope they have a good reveal for how they come to exist again and not just lame we were stuck in a time hole like the daleks or some bollocks.

My money is on at least one of them is a character previously shown in another episode who either ends up being a Timelord or has always been one and either found some way to bring them back or... they aren't really Timelords or... some... shit.. like.. that... :blank:

I don't think the Time Lords are necessarily back

My theory is this bit is the final bit of the Time War and we may see Paul McGann do his bit of killing everyone off but 10 does something to help it happen causing him to regenerate meaning the final act of the Time War caused him to regenerate twice

Didnt that machine heal planets....

I'm assuming as in a planet's worth of people, not whole planets... but I'm beggining to see where this is going... somehow Gallifrey was brought back via the machine? Hmm sounds a plot far-fetched enough for them to use. :p

My money is on at least one of them is a character previously shown in another episode who either ends up being a Timelord or has always been one and either found some way to bring them back or... they aren't really Timelords or... some... shit.. like.. that... :blank:

Well theres still speculation as to the existence of Romanadvoratrelundar (Romana) who is a female timelord, who some people thought Donna might have been when there was the whole she part of something bigger thing. I still half expect Wilfred to pull out a old watch piece and pull it open and realise he is a timelord...

Didnt that machine heal planets....

Yes but presumably only the planet it is actually on?

well personally think it was ok, like people have said the plot was all over the place and some of the acting god damn awful...I mean why the fuck introduce these wierd green aliens, give us somebody else with a motive or something...unless thats revealed.I'm not quite sure why the Master wanted to create some many clones, there were hints at "hitler-esque" stuff when he said he had created "the master race" thats the only vague stuff I can get. Wasn't the lightning and stuff the life force bleeding from him, didn't the doctor briefly mention something like that?

HATED the resurrection, I thought no one was meant to remember saxon dieing etc...so how was there a cult with a book of saxon who foresaw his resurrection?!

He wanted clones, as the doctor always loved earth and humans, so he wanted to take that away from him. They did say he prepared to be killed, so probably the books of saxon had something to do with it, plus they would vaguely remember him as prime minister, not the whole impending doom, didnt it just blot out the day, rather than whole years?

*sigh* I still stand by my previous comment that it was entertaining and that's all I wanted from it but if you really want to analyse the fuck out of it then...

The Masters revival - from a ring? really? and a load of potions... weak, plus then the whole death potion thing nearly straight after which you know wasn't gonna work anyway and would end badly.

S- the ring wsa used in the older series to revive the master

Unrealistic powers - he can jump 100ft in the air now? k... and erm where did the lightning ability come from?

S- his unstable regeneration

President & Daughter - incestuous much? ew...

S- Thought they were husband and wife first!

Many Masters - yeah it was entertaining to see him as almost 'everyone' but it was pretty predictable

S- sure predictable, but wonder how its reversed? hopefully not as shitty as the last time they met *cough*all say the doctor at the same time*cough*

Time Lords - eh... I'm not even a huge fan as such but doesn't the Dr go on so frequently about how they all died? and yet now they aren't... yes it made for a nice set-piece but it all felt set-up.

S - true, but Timothy DALTON! a time lord.. still i feel there role will be short, and bad

So yeah... entertaining but flawed in many places, but quite honestly it's still better than a lot of the stuff that's on TV even in its current state so *shrugs* I'm not saying that people are asking too much when they expect more from the series just... it isn't going to happen most likely so we may as well enjoy what we can from it.

S -its not half bad for a series, with time constrictions, pun not intended, tho i probably would say that

Know you were just trying to look for faults but i attempted to reverse argue them anyway :grin:

He wanted clones, as the doctor always loved earth and humans, so he wanted to take that away from him. They did say he prepared to be killed, so probably the books of saxon had something to do with it, plus they would vaguely remember him as prime minister, not the whole impending doom, didnt it just blot out the day, rather than whole years?

Know you were just trying to look for faults but i attempted to reverse argue them anyway :grin:

Yeah I guess so...I dunno the whole book of saxon thing was played as if they were some long forgotten cult it was a bit wierd...the potion was shit way of doing it...

your answers to other questions were pretty sound though, the master has been resurrected in the past using his essence etc......he used all his lifes up long ago...back in the 70's. kinda makes me wonder how he regenerated into john simms...although wasn't it mentioned that the time lords brought him back to help fight the time war? and guess he came back this time as john simms as it was his essence that was taken from his wife.

I mostly enjoyed the episode, some things were just silly like the whole book of saxon angle as others have said.

Surpised no-one has mentioned Donna yet, the Doctor said here head would 'explode' (i know not literally) if she remembers stuff and she remembered things at the end and says her head hurts... yet in the trailer it shows here running down the street and looks ok...

I personally hope the Timelords are back perminatly, 'evil' or otherwise. It just leaves something there for future stories etc and the doctor can stop being so depressed about 'being the last'. What i don't want to see is them all gone again at the end of this episode just for it to be brought back up again in the future and 'brought back'.

although wasn't it mentioned that the time lords brought him back to help fight the time war?

You are correct!

I mostly enjoyed the episode, some things were just silly like the whole book of saxon angle as others have said.

Surpised no-one has mentioned Donna yet, the Doctor said here head would 'explode' (i know not literally) if she remembers stuff and she remembered things at the end and says her head hurts... yet in the trailer it shows here running down the street and looks ok...

I personally hope the Timelords are back perminatly, 'evil' or otherwise. It just leaves something there for future stories etc and the doctor can stop being so depressed about 'being the last'. What i don't want to see is them all gone again at the end of this episode just for it to be brought back up again in the future and 'brought back'.

You are correct!

Ah yes, Donna.. forgot bout that :laughing:

i do too, possible tension between the new doctor and the time lords, tho if they arrive back he'll have no real reason to travel

You are correct!

It probably wont literally explode and you can guarantee it wouldnt be instant else she wouldnt have been able to have the knowledge in Journey's End

Ah yes, Donna.. forgot bout that :laughing:

i do too, possible tension between the new doctor and the time lords, tho if they arrive back he'll have no real reason to travel

I dunno the timelords staying around would bring all sorts of conflict. In the past they've sent him back t on missions he hasn;t agreed with etc...I think the doctor has been wayward too long its time to perhaps place some restrictions on him, it could help reinvent the wheel a bit.

It probably wont literally explode and you can guarantee it wouldnt be instant else she wouldnt have been able to have the knowledge in Journey's End

I did say not literally ;)

Will be interesting to see where they go with that coz i got the impression it ment certain death for her (but as u quite rightly said it doesn't have to mean straight away). Suppose they could just kill her off, doctor wipes her memory 'again' or for another twist something else happens to her.

I dunno the timelords staying around would bring all sorts of conflict. In the past they've sent him back t on missions he hasn;t agreed with etc...I think the doctor has been wayward too long its time to perhaps place some restrictions on him, it could help reinvent the wheel a bit.

Yeah i agree, he has travelled before when the Timelords were about so there isn't a reason for him to stop now. Although if they were to keep the timelords they could end the episode with them taking the TARDIS off the doctor as a punishment (my memory is telling me it was never techincally his anyway, didn't he steal it?) force him to regenerate and leave him on Galifray.

Cue season 5, timelords give him his stuff back after a long time (but with them modified slightly), different looking police box (the doctor makes sure it still looks like that), different sonic screwdriver etc with lots of new stories and people!!!!

I'm just speculating like.

I visited the Doctor Who exhibition in Coventry yesterday. Not really worth the £7 entrance fee, but it was still cool seeing some of the props and costumes from the last four series up close.

I went to one a few years ago in Cardiff, was pretty cool as u said. Think the one i went to only had props from s1 and s2 though.

Edited by Mike1988uk
Automerged Doublepost

I would love for there to be an episode in the next series where somehow the chameleon circuit is fixed and the TARDIS is able to trasform to fit the environment for once. You could have all sorts of fantastic things that the doctor could come out of (such as a public toilet/port-a-loo, or a more up to date phone box...) but then ultimately he keeps losing it cause he's so used to the blue police box, and he breaks it again so it gets stuck back on it.

And in fact that would be a fantastic way of explaining away the changes to the box in the new series. PLUS it would be a way to explain the inside changing (if that actually is the case)

Anyway, probably will never happen, but it's my idea nonetheless :D

I would love for there to be an episode in the next series where somehow the chameleon circuit is fixed and the TARDIS is able to trasform to fit the environment for once. You could have all sorts of fantastic things that the doctor could come out of (such as a public toilet/port-a-loo, or a more up to date phone box...) but then ultimately he keeps losing it cause he's so used to the blue police box, and he breaks it again so it gets stuck back on it.

And in fact that would be a fantastic way of explaining away the changes to the box in the new series. PLUS it would be a way to explain the inside changing (if that actually is the case)

I remember the masters tardis being a grandfather clock at one point.

Done actualy. The sixth Doctor managed to fix the chameleon circuit to 'humourous' effect. Its hinted that The Doctor is quite fond of his Police Box though

st--6t17.jpeg

Thats an image of The Doctor and Peri walking out of the newly changed (and rather poorly disguised) TARDIS.

Edited by david.dakota

I would love for there to be an episode in the next series where somehow the chameleon circuit is fixed and the TARDIS is able to trasform to fit the environment for once.

The TARDIS chameleon circuit was fixed in the past but the police box is known image of the series.

I remember the masters tardis being a grandfather clock at one point.

The master's TARDIS has been;

A horsebox

A white door

A spaceship

A computer bank

A column

A tree

A grandfather clock

A alien form

Police Box

Ionic Column

Speedbird Concorde 192

Iron Maiden

3 Sided Column

Wooden Skack

Queen Victoria Statue

The TARDIS chameleon circuit was fixed in the past but the police box is known image of the series.

The master's TARDIS has been;

A horsebox

A white door

A spaceship

A computer bank

A column

A tree

A grandfather clock

A alien form

Police Box

Ionic Column

Speedbird Concorde 192

Iron Maiden

3 Sided Column

Wooden Skack

Queen Victoria Statue

see I was recollecting an actual memory from watching the series in the past (such as the first episode I saw with The Master in was The Sea Devils) if it was anyone else I'd be impressed with their original doctor who series knowlege, but with you know you've just copy and pasted that from somewhere...