Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

I think Smith has been absolutely stellar in all the episodes. Terrific Doctor, and I loved watching him face off against the Daleks with a Jammy Dodger. Brilliant moment among a lot of brilliant moments.
The Jammie Dodger scene was brilliant, but they totally ruined it by explicitly stating what it was at the end and having the Doctor eat it. It was funnier when you just noticed it yourself but nobody said anything.

Thank god! Fox and BBC decided not to do the Torchwood USA they planned to do

I dunno why people were worrying so much about that and actually I was quite looking forward to it. With Russel T Davies and Julie Gardner involved it sounded like it'd just be Series 4 but in the States which would have been very interesting. I can hardly see it as being "sacrilege" partly because Torchwood has practically always been a British remake of American shows but also because the series is incredibly hit-and-miss anyway.

I dunno why people were worrying so much about that and actually I was quite looking forward to it. With Russel T Davies and Julie Gardner involved it sounded like it'd just be Series 4 but in the States which would have been very interesting. I can hardly see it as being "sacrilege" partly because Torchwood has practically always been a British remake of American shows but also because the series is incredibly hit-and-miss anyway.
Plus if it was crap, just ignore it exists... if it was good, then great!

Confusing start of the episode with the street fella for few seconds and annoying cartoon popup of Graham Norton near the end block part of the screen. Anyway this episode was quite good and angels are awesome emeries.

23rlbv6.jpg

Edited by Dante

Eh? I noticed no different use of the angels here than in Blink
Backs were constantly turned and none of them ever moved.
Such as how they were able to follow someone through a busy city for dramatic effect?
You mean how they moved between corners of rooftops and buidling alcoves for dramatic effect. Edited by Retro_Link

I think he is looking for reasons to hate the episode but the angels were acting different with killing people than sending their victims into the past.

Also the ruined angels statues cant seem to travel exceedingly quickly and they seem to let the ship angel statue to do the kills.

Edited by Dante

Backs were constantly turned and none of them ever moved.

You mean how they moved between corners of rooftops and buidling alcoves for dramatic effect.

Yes!!! They would all have been dead long before they noticed if that were the case!

The stone hand thing was over disappointingly soon. Hopefully they work it into the next episode too.

I think he is looking for reasons to hate the episode but the angels were acting different with killing people than sending their victims into the past.
Sorry are you talking to me.

I'm not looking for reasons to hate it at all. But why take arguably the best/scariest enemy of the new series and implement it so badly?!

I thought there were simply two rules to an angel... 'Don't turn your back on it' and 'Don't Blink'!

Seemingly neither (apart from chosen set pieces) matter now!

Sorry are you talking to me.

I'm not looking for reasons to hate it at all. But why take arguably the best/scariest enemy of the new series and implement it so badly?!

I thought there were simply two rules to an angel... 'Don't turn your back on it' and 'Don't Blink'!

Seemingly neither (apart from chosen set pieces) matter now!

I thought the angels were alright but the changes you are saying can be called it an plot device for this episode.

Someone else could have been looking at them?
The scene that really struck me was when Bob was by himself in a cave, he had two or three angels behind him just doing nothing. Though maybe they were waiting for him to go to the winged angel.

In Blink I think the smaller number helped because you could keep track of them in relation to what the girl was doing. Where as I think the plot of this episode conflicted a bit with what we'd previously been told about the angels movements. It seemed far more dependant on light this time, as opposed to blinking or turning your back. The Doctor et al, could have at least formed a circle!

The scene that really struck me was when Bob was by himself in a cave, he had two or three angels behind him just doing nothing. Though maybe they were waiting for him to go to the winged angel.

In Blink I think the smaller number helped because you could keep track of them in relation to what the girl was doing. Where as I think the plot of this episode conflicted a bit with what we'd previously been told about the angels movements. It seemed far more dependant on light this time, as opposed to blinking or turning your back. The Doctor et al, could have at least formed a circle!

Well in that case, I think my previous post could apply here

It was mentioned that they were dying of hunger. Perhaps some couldn't move because they were too weak/absorbing the energy from the ship?

Yeah and some of them were dead also Matt Smith accidentally pulled a strap off the ceiling of one of the small ships was not supposed to happen but it was keeped in the episode. :p