NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

It definitely keeps the "coral" theme... but it has elements of the white tardis seen in alot of the earlier series.... and also is it just me or is the control panel high up!? How does he reach it, he's only a wee doc!

Kind of how I'd imagine the inside of a jellyfish would look.

Kind of how I'd imagine the inside of a jellyfish would look.

I imagine stairs inside a jellyfish too

Well there's some in fish so you never know.

1092871-300px_jabu_jabu_super.jpg

I don't recall stairs in there, lifts and drops with vines but no stairs :p

So I just watched an episode of Dr Who.

Only cos' of Karen Gillan though. :p

Well I enjoyed that ep, felt new and yet fit right in :) All my concerns over Matt Smith are gone

Although....the CGI looked like it's gone back on the quality somewhat. While the CGI in the previous seasons wasn't exactly Avatar style, it at least had a realistic look and feel to it. Here, it felt somewhat slapped on

Oh, and while the new theme tune has yet to grow on me, the music in the ep was great. Murray Gold is a genius

Wow, that was brilliant! Very Stephen-Moffatty. Easily the best series opener of the five series. The only downside was the terrible CGI, but I suppose that's just something we'll have to get used to with their new lower budget. I definitely like the new Doctor and Any, though.

He's actually waaay cuter in motion (compared to the pics i've seen in the media anyway) but that dress sense is terrible :heh:

He's actually waaay cuter in motion (compared to the pics i've seen in the media anyway) but that dress sense is terrible :heh:

I worked out who he reminds me of in terms of his dress sense

basil.jpg

tumblr_l0bb69la6i1qa7yfto1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1270406343&Signature=73NmT8hcRi9YsQqkQ9kpfydQSXQ%3D

Just because I found it mildly amusing

In all seriousness though, I thought that was a brilliant episode.

Wow, that was brilliant! Very Stephen-Moffatty. Easily the best series opener of the five series. The only downside was the terrible CGI, but I suppose that's just something we'll have to get used to with their new lower budget. I definitely like the new Doctor and Any, though.

Thankfully the CGI for some of the future eps looks great

A solid episode. Amazingly predictable though.

Matt Smith is good, still ugly, but good.

The painful thing about Dr Who is that considering its concept it has some shockingly conservative and unoriginal series arcing ideas. Oooo, the silence is falling - YAWN.

Good to see River Song in the trailer.

That's one of the crazier episodes of Who I've seen. As always, there were so many "how"s and "what-if"s that the impossibility and weirdness of everything just flies over your head and you get pulled in.

New doctor did a good job I think.

Probably won't watch the rest of the series though, just not a great fan, it's on too early and being out/staying on the PC or game-console prevents me from sticking with it.

I simply adored every second of this, Matt Smith is a sublime performer. I particulary love how the Doctor kind of an asshole now. A complete break from Tennant's character & story, exactly what was required and the whole production did it with a joyous flourish. Roll on the Stone Angels and Space Spitfires.

Edited by gaggle64

Great opening start for Steven Moffatt, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. :D

Also:

258sc1u.jpg

I loved the new Doctor and Amy. I was skeptical at first because Tennant is my first one.

Karen's cousin (Young Amy) was also spot-on.

Brilliant first episode. Before it, I wasn't sure whether he'd fit in as the new Doctor as Tennant was awesome but I think he was brilliant in the first episode. Can't wait to see the rest of the series, I wanna see The Smilers, they look creepy as hell!

Absolutely phenomenal. What more can you say? Smith nailed it, Gillen nailed it, Moff and the whole team knocked it clear out of the park. Tremendous stuff. Watched it twice now, and it just gets better and better.

Now, more! :D

Just watched it! (had it recorded as was out last night). I thought it was ace! Very impressed, all my worries are gone! :)

Not completly sure on the new theme tune though but im sure it will grow on me.