NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

He's well aware of the differences between his personalities; when he met the Fifth Doctor, he said "you were MY Doctor" and told him that he still uses some of the personality traits and quirks that made Davison so popular.

Come on Moffett! You promised us new villains - but yet we seem to have

Weaping Angels (perhaps I can let you off, since they're your creation), Daleks, Cybermen AND Silurians/Sea Devils. Along with rumours of the Meddling Monk (matches with the spoiler chart). Thats 7 out of 14 episodes lacking in brand new enemies.

I got that lump in my throat at the end of End of Time Part 2 again. From Wilf knocking on the glass to his regeneration, it was so emotional

The bit that got me the most was the bit with Sarah Jane, as she could tell he was going to die based on the final scene with them in Sarah Jane Adventures, as seen here;

Edited by Serebii

seen it just before coming on here, love those facebook page skits, that one was brilliant, laughed so much at the capt.Jack comment!!

maybe, but i'm too lazy to draw out a new one, new sig def, hate this bloody one.

oh ya, just realised, the doctor has a total of 13 regenerations, but while tennant was the doctor he regenerated but kept his appearance etc. so does this mean tennant was the 10th AND 11th dr technically and smith is the 12th, or am i just going a bit TOO far with this?

Well you just know they'll just come up with some excuse to keep the character going on anyway... even if we have another huge gap between series at some point, as with the 8th and 9th Doctor.

The limit also explains more of the angst that 10 would have felt with his death being imminent. Even if he does regenerate, he's close to death, especially as there aren't any timelords to revive him like they did with The Master and Rassilon

maybe, but i'm too lazy to draw out a new one, new sig def, hate this bloody one.

oh ya, just realised, the doctor has a total of 13 regenerations, but while tennant was the doctor he regenerated but kept his appearance etc. so does this mean tennant was the 10th AND 11th dr technically and smith is the 12th, or am i just going a bit TOO far with this?

when did he regenerate already?! but yeah there is a limit on the number of regenerations not that that ever stopped the master he used all of his up long before he was regenerated in the time war as part of the new series' continuity.

The end of series 3 or 4. When his hand he had chopped off when he first regenerated (the Christmas special years ago) regenerated into a clone, that went off and shacked up with Rose in that alternative universe.

Yeah I'm not sure if that counts that as a regeneration or not because he never actually did regenerate, just began too... and used his life energy or something in the hand to counteract the regeneration/heal himself, or something along those lines.

He was effectively re-using residual energy reserved in the hand from his regeneration from the Ninth Doctor into the Tenth there to avoid the need to fully regenerate... I think.

*awaits an objection*

Its Doctor Who. They make it up as they go along :p

The whole magic potions that raised the master from the dead pretty much proved that...no thought, rhyme or reason just yeah magic potion and shit brings him back to life.

He was effectively re-using residual energy reserved in the hand from his regeneration from the Ninth Doctor into the Tenth there to avoid the need to fully regenerate... I think.

*awaits an objection*

Not quite. He regenerated as he would, but he siphened the energy off into his hand

They're gonna have to pull something pretty special out with the first Doctor Who of the new series, because otherwise I think they run the risk of the audience not quite knowing what they're watching anymore...

Tennants take over was far simpler because Rose was a constant and it was a continuation of the same storyline. Where as Smith is starting completely afresh, with the only thing recognisable being the Tardis, otherwise it could be any new science fiction series!

They could do with a major Doctor Who inspired storyline to kick start things... which unfortunately having seen the trailer, I think might be those pesky Darleks again!

Well don't forget it's right after a regeneration so things will be going wrong and he'll be crazy

Tennants take over was far simpler because Rose was a constant and it was a continuation of the same storyline. Where as Smith is starting completely afresh, with the only thing recognisable being the Tardis, otherwise it could be any new science fiction series!

Yeah, good point. We'll also see how many people were watching it just for David Tennant (I can imagine that was quite a few, as he was so incredibly popular). Personally, my favourite episodes span both the Eccleston and Tennant eras, but I know people who think all of Tennant's are better just because he's in them.

They could do with a major Doctor Who inspired storyline to kick start things... which unfortunately having seen the trailer, I think might be those pesky Darleks again!

Although I think the Daleks were overused (didn't think they were needed in Season 3 or 4), it's always fun when a new Doctor meets them, as they don't recognise him. I really like that.

I've got quite a good vibe about the new series. It must be so hard to step into the role of the Doctor, and I think Matt Smith seems much better in the preview. I thought they made him too over-the-top when he'd just regenerated, when you consider David Tennant (who was a very eccentric Doctor, especially early on) only had an understated line about "new teeth".

Looking forward to it.

Torchwood US Series and possible Doctor Who American Reboot??

Huge news for sci-fi fans: Fox is developing a stateside version of the U.K. hit series "Torchwood."

The project is from BBC Worldwide Prods., with original series creator Russell Davies writing the script.

A more straight-faced spinoff of "Doctor Who," "Torchwood" is about a covert group that investigates and fights alien activity. Two series aired domestically on BBC America as well as last year's well reviewed stand-alone miniseries, "Children of Earth," which broke all ratings records for the network.

Unlike U.S. adaptations that have gone awry, "Torchwood" fans can take comfort that the original producing team is on board. In addition to Davies, exec producers include Davies' producing partner Julie Gardner (former head of drama at BBC Wales for the show's first season) and Jane Tranter (another BBC vet, now exec vp programming and production at BBC Worldwide Prods. in the U.S.).

Also, some of the current cast -- most likely John Barrowman, who plays the immortal Capt. Jack Harkness -- might star if Fox orders "Torchwood" to pilot.

As for the new show's plot, the U.S. version will contain a global story line compared to the more localized sensibility of the first two BBC seasons.

Tranter might try to reboot "Doctor Who" for U.S. audiences while departing "Doctor Who" star David Tennant stars in NBC's pilot "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer." "Torchwood" (which is an anagram of "Doctor Who") debuted in 2006 on BBC 3 and set ratings records, then was moved to BBC 1. Russell also reinvented "Doctor Who" in 2003 and was writer-creator of the series "Queer as Folk."

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3id183d5e80b48e57c2e6102a3f94da557

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

Did I say BAD? What the hell are they thinking

Ah let them ruin it, there the ones who'll have to watch it! Whilst we'll always have our awesome series!!