Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i went to my local Blackbuster at 9am to get some games and stuff and to experiance the launch abit more, they got 35 machines in, pretty much sold out...

So people are brainwashed by the media in saying it just not selling.

I have just been on a quick survey to the following stores: Virgin, Game and HMW. And all had sufficient stock (so i could walk in there today and buy one if i had the cash). It seemed like a normal sales day with just a handful of people queing the night before. This has probably got to be the least anticipated launch in history. The price put lots of people off. Been a student i can't even contemplate buying this or even afford it. Top games are £50 and if i bought two including the console, i would be reaching the £800 mark. That will broke me in no time.

I think sales of the PS3 will suffer in Europe by the end of this financial fiscal year. Maybe early next year when/if Sony reduces the price then people might be interested? and the catalogue of games (most) are already been available on the 360. Well time will tell if Sony's ship floats or sinks. I am gearing towards the latter.

I have just been on a quick survey to the following stores: Virgin, Game and HMW. And all had sufficient stock (so i could walk in there today and buy one if i had the cash). It seemed like a normal sales day with just a handful of people queing the night before. This has probably got to be the least anticipated launch in history. The price put lots of people off. Been a student i can't even contemplate buying this or even afford it. Top games are £50 and if i bought two including the console, i would be reaching the £800 mark. That will broke me in no time.

I think sales of the PS3 will suffer in Europe by the end of this financial fiscal year. Maybe early next year when/if Sony reduces the price then people might be interested? and the catalogue of games (most) are already been available on the 360. Well time will tell if Sony's ship floats or sinks. I am gearing towards the latter.

Well done.

UK Account: Caris88 add me please

Just read on the play site Tekken is region locked.

Well I'm playing it right now, on a US PS3 downloaded from UK store. I read that it only doesn't work if you are running it on a normal SDTV (Because it tries to put out a PAL signal on your US PS3 standard NTSC signal) So no it isn't region locked

P.S Play says all games only run on euro PS3s. ;)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!