Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Harrison stated it will be shown in July, and i'm sure i read 'E3'.

Warhawk has no single-player, however their is a multiplayer mode where two players (on the same PS3) can go online by spiltscreen.

Everyones allowed their opinion on 'home' but i honestly think it looks excellent. I love the idea of having your own apartment in an apartment block...and hanging up your own pics on the wall. Sounds cool.

The "E for all thing" was cancelled.

Owen its now called E3 Business and Media Summit, that takes place in july.

Same here I think its taking the idea of mii and taking it to a new level with adding second life elements in. Don't know how the trophies will work out but otherthan that I'm impressed this is what should of been showed last e3 to take some of the edge off their price debarcle.

Oh and although splitscreen is ok I prefer online multiplayer I like seeing the whole screen of a game, not a tiny part of a screen.

The "E for all thing" was cancelled.

Owen its now called E3 Business and Media Summit, that takes place in july.

Same here I think its taking the idea of mii and taking it to a new level with adding second life elements in. Don't know how the trophies will work out but otherthan that I'm impressed this is what should of been showed last e3 to take some of the edge off their price debarcle.

Oh and although splitscreen is ok I prefer online multiplayer I like seeing the whole screen of a game, not a tiny part of a screen.

Entertainment for All or E for All, is a video games trade show announced on 05 January 2007 by IDG World Expo. This tradeshow, endorsed by Entertainment Software Association, replaces the GamePro Expo, and is a consumer oriented successor to E³. The expo will take place from 18 October through 20 October 2007 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

This would allow for participating companies to sell their holiday releases to the attendees. There will likely be an entrance fee (perhaps ranging from USD$20 to $100), but attendance will no longer be limited to video game developers, retailers, and media.

I think the reactions from the people around you playing the game is much more important than the game itself. Shit games are still shit online. Shit games can be a lot of fun in normal multiplayer, tho.

Same here I think its taking the idea of mii and taking it to a new level with adding second life elements in.

I don't see where the whole "Mii idea" comes from. Sony don't steel everything from Nintendo - the "avatar" things sounds more like the Avatar system in Second Life than Miis.

Entertainment for All or E for All, is a video games trade show announced on 05 January 2007 by IDG World Expo. This tradeshow, endorsed by Entertainment Software Association, replaces the GamePro Expo, and is a consumer oriented successor to E³. The expo will take place from 18 October through 20 October 2007 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

This would allow for participating companies to sell their holiday releases to the attendees. There will likely be an entrance fee (perhaps ranging from USD$20 to $100), but attendance will no longer be limited to video game developers, retailers, and media.

There is actually a E3 Business and Media Summit - July 2007

http://www.e3insider.com/portal/

Read that if you don't believe me. Dante the thing I'm saying is that this is the true succesor to E3

I think the reactions from the people around you playing the game is much more important than the game itself. Shit games are still shit online. Shit games can be a lot of fun in normal multiplayer, tho.

Shit games still can be better online though. I probably will be flammed to death. However Halo 2 - for me crap single player game. But awesome online before all the hackers started coming in.

Take for example Geist cool idea - badly implemented. But it had shit normal multiplayer that was to me and my friends nearly unplayable.

And online can actually raise a games score you know.

I'm not really sold on Home yet; it all looks a bit too grand and bland. It sounds nice in theory, but I think the reality is going to be hideous. I expect the lag will be crippling — free services aren't renowned for their stability — the avatars are as charmless as any of the produce of EA's staple character creators, and remember all those idiots on Xbox Live? Well now they'll be on every street corner, spamming emotes and calling random passersby 'faggots'.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it has potential, and I hope I'm wrong about what it will become, but... it's just all too believable, no?

When we first heard rumours of Home I was quite excited, but what I'd conjured up in my head is so far from the actuality that I can't help but be disappointed. It's my own fault, really, Sony have always chased the 'lifestyle' crowd and I should've taken that into greater consideration. But do we really need all this? Really?

Home looks fantastic. I'm not naming names, but I can't help but laugh at some people as they try and pretend it isn't immpressive. This is what I want from a next gen machine.

I didn't say it wasn't impressive, I said I wasn't sold on it. It could be amazing — if rather charmless — but I've played MMOs, I've seen online community sites, and I have to say they aren't a pretty sight. In the majority of cases, people + anonymity = arseholes.

It's the whole Second Life Lite aspect I'm wary of; having your own room and being able to invite friends around should be fantastic. I just don't like the way it's heading when they're already mentioning 'sponsored spaces'. That's right, the virtual chavs throwing abuse at you will also be wearing a DLC fcuk top and some virtual Adidas tracksuit bottoms.

Sure I'm cynical, but I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong when I inevitably log into my Home in the future.

Home looks fantastic. I'm not naming names, but I can't help but laugh at some people as they try and pretend it isn't immpressive. This is what I want from a next gen machine.

Yeah I must agree Cox this is what I want to, really you need all the consoles this generation.

Why do all the characters in Home seem to have a gormless expression on their face?

Because they're residents of the Uncanny Valley.

It could all do with a more stylised look, in my opinion. Miis are fun because they're fairly simplistic and don't try to ape reality; your mind can fill in the blanks. With realistic avatars there's always something that doesn't look right about them, somewhat like a manikin.

Then again, I'm not sure if Sony could have taken another route given the path they look set to tread, but I don't think realism is the way to go if you're after the mainstream — this seems more a tool for the PlayStation faithful.

Still, I suppose they could always expand the options further down the road. I think it would be a lot more fun to stroll between crowds of caricatures, animal-esque creatures, crazy robots and the like.

Speaking of style, LittleBigWorld looks fantastic. Sony are really pushing original downloadable titles; Microsoft should take note.

Speaking of style, LittleBigWorld looks fantastic. Sony are really pushing original downloadable titles; Microsoft should take note.

Yea, that's one good thing Sony are doing - better than shoving crappy online modes into old games.

Anyway, I think PSH will be one of those things that sound great, everyone loves it, then it's forgotten about in a month - Like most people (including myself) and the Mii, News, Whether, Internet and Everybody Votes Chanels on the Wii.

edit: Read a bit more about it. It's a very simplistic version of the internet, with a shiny shell put on it. With no AdBlock.

Because they're residents of the Uncanny Valley.

It could all do with a more stylised look, in my opinion. Miis are fun because they're fairly simplistic and don't try to ape reality; your mind can fill in the blanks. With realistic avatars there's always something that doesn't look right about them, somewhat like a manikin.

Then again, I'm not sure if Sony could have taken another route given the path they look set to tread, but I don't think realism is the way to go if you're after the mainstream — this seems more a tool for the PlayStation faithful.

Still, I suppose they could always expand the options further down the road. I think it would be a lot more fun to stroll between crowds of caricatures, animal-esque creatures, crazy robots and the like.

Not really although the idea for Miis is somewhat good I guess what point do they offer - none really. Whereas the Home avatars actually are going through a virtual world so they need that particular style.

Of course realism is fine for mass market potential. Typical indication of a fanboy their, they bought a console that can't do realistic graphics so knock the whole concept.

This isn't bloody second life, its you living in a virtual world.

And nintendo should be taking notes on original downloadable content. Microsoft less so though.

Interesting note: Reggie fils-aime was in the audience for phils keynote, and apparently he loved the idea for Home.

Yea, that's one good thing Sony are doing - better than shoving crappy online modes into old games.

Anyway, I think PSH will be one of those things that sound great, everyone loves it, then it's forgotten about in a month - Like most people (including myself) and the Mii, News, Whether, Internet and Everybody Votes Chanels on the Wii.

edit: Read a bit more about it. It's a very simplistic version of the internet, with a shiny shell put on it. With no AdBlock.

Not really a simplistic version of the internet seen as the ps3 can view the web. What the heck are you on about no AdBlock sure they are ads but at least they aren't popping up on you.

I don't think Home will be seen as you can go and view other peoples trophies, see what new clothing you have unlocked for your avatar etc. It brings in the core gamer who likes to try and gain achievements on 360 but also brings in casual gamers at the same time. Its a bloody masterstroke for sony. And it hold key to sonys lifestyle brand.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!