Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a good friend of mine is buying one but isn't planing on using it before the good games come out. He said I could borrow it until then :yay:

.....So you get to play all the crappy games, but when the awesome games come out you have to give it back?

THATS SWEET!

(I keed, I keed, better than nothing...just)

a good friend of mine is buying one but isn't planing on using it before the good games come out. He said I could borrow it until then :yay:

Wow, that friend must really trust you. I'm guessing you look after stuff though. :hehe:

Heavenly Sword looks great! :D

I like Sonic PS3.

The only bit i cannot stand is the 'town' section where you go around talking and helping people etc ...the graphics are pretty poor in that segment, the framerate goes all over the place and it even slows down and it's just annoying as hell when you get caught on most of the scenery, it even loads like every 5 secs.

Ignore that bit though and the actual game-levels, look lovely and are really fun to play! :smile:

It's not 'that' bad. Just needed a extra polish perhaps.

I like Sonic PS3.

The only bit i cannot stand is the 'town' section where you go around talking and helping people etc ...the graphics are pretty poor in that segment, the framerate goes all over the place and it even slows down and it's just annoying as hell when you get caught on most of the scenery, it even loads like every 5 secs.

Ignore that bit though and the actual game-levels, look lovely and are really fun to play! :smile:

It's not 'that' bad. Just needed a extra polish perhaps.

If its got better loading times than the 360 version I'm all for it.

I still say it's the most god awful game I've ever played.

:D

It's my most dissapointing game i've purchased this year, but i personally don't think it's awful, poor yes, but awful? Come on, i kinda feel sorry Sonic Team. They really tried their best but it just didn't live up to any hype or expectations.

Of course, each to their own, your allowed your opinion my friend. :)

I must admit, perhaps it helped that i had really low expectations for it. I always seem to give Sonic games a go even if they get poor reviews/scores.

Although, i did give Sonic Riders a miss because it didn't appeal at all and judging by peoples opinions of that, i think i 100% did the right thing. :D

According to the Journal, the “Father of PlayStation” and head of Sony Computer Entertainment went over budget on the development of the PlayStation 3—without informing Sony CEO Sir Howard Stringer.

It’s that lack of communication that reportedly brought Sony and Kutaragi to the realization that the company would have to cut the price of the lower-end Japanese 20GB PS3 by 20 percent to 49,980 yen, or about $420. The announcement of the price cut was made in late September during the Tokyo Game Show.

The Journal said that Kutaragi surprised Stringer with the suggestion of the price cut at a board meeting a few weeks after the well-documented halving of US and Japanese PS3 shipments and delay of the European launch.

Stringer said, “It wasn't financially one of my best moments. The budget implications were self-evident. [but] I agreed because I wanted the launch to be successful."

According to supply research firm iSuppli, Sony loses over $300 on each US 20GB PS3 sold and over $240 for each 60GB model. Sony expects its games division to lose $2 billion for its fiscal year ending March 31.

Described as “notorious” within Sony for not communicating with bosses and non-SCE units, Kutaragi also reportedly didn’t invite execs from the electronics division when he showed off the PSP in Las Vegas at the Consumer Electronics Show in 2005.

The Journal also said that when Kutaragi publically blamed the US and European PS3 launch revamp on a shortage of blue laser diodes, he underlined the “tense relationship” with the electronics division.

The comments about Kutaragi were part of an article addressing the various criticisms of Stringer, who has been trying to turn the Japanese electronics giant around while balancing Western and Japanese business cultures.

“I don't want to change Sony's culture to the point where it's unrecognizable from the founder's vision," Stringer said. "That's the balancing act I'm doing."

NextGen

heavenly sword vid from Heroes:

.....So you get to play all the crappy games, but when the awesome games come out you have to give it back?

THATS SWEET!

(I keed, I keed, better than nothing...just)

I'm buying my self a PS3 when the good games start to come.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!