NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Does anyone know when Sony are going to start with these bundles of 2 games and an extra pad?

Good man!

Im thinking of trading my 360 in after Halo3 due to the problems of the hardware. Mines on its way back but my mate who got his back 2 months ago has now got to send his back again as its knackered. I figure the PS3 has pretty much the same games coming out at the end of the year after Halo so this may be my next course of action. Somthing to think about at least.

Bioshock, Too Human, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon and Halo 3 are some anticipated 360 games that I really want.

The thing is, the average gamescollection that I get for a console doesnt get greater than around 10 games. I've had my 360 for a couple of months and I already got 8 frickin games. Some of em I gotta sell cause I dont have the time to play em.. but still.. the 360 got a big range of games that I'm really tempted in.

And so got the PS3.. Can I own 2 damn consoles? Thats the question..

Good man!

Im thinking of trading my 360 in after Halo3 due to the problems of the hardware. Mines on its way back but my mate who got his back 2 months ago has now got to send his back again as its knackered. I figure the PS3 has pretty much the same games coming out at the end of the year after Halo so this may be my next course of action. Somthing to think about at least.

I've been doing some research and i have someone who's saying that the Elites that come out in the UK have the new "falcon" insides (i.e don't overheat) but he wont say what his source is.

I will probably end up with an elite but I dont see why I should buy a new 2nd version of a console to get what a PS3 does out of the box (actually working and not breaking down because it doesnt feel like working anymore)

Sony have the production line sorted I think I doubt we will be seeing a PS3 boasting that "it wont overheat on you anymore" extra space and slimline versions will of course follow, but when you are boasting that your console performs how it should have to begin with, then theres something wrong somewhere IMO...

Just a quick question, can PS2 games be played online on the PS3?

OMFG!!! DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3 DISGAEA 3

I was just about to post the news and I knew you would be well happy Dom :)

Here it is anyway from eurogamer...

Japanese developer Nippon Ichi has unveiled the third Disgaea role-playing game - and this time it's for PlayStation 3.

But despite the leap in technology, early screenshots show little graphical improvement over the PS2 versions.

Not that it was ever really about the graphics, mind you, but unfortunately details of the new project are sparse, and Koei - Nippon Ichi's usual European distributor - had nothing to add

what the hell is disgea 3?

oh and calza, I havent a clue to be honest, erm....Ill actually check that out because itd be nice to see what the PS2s online was like...

what the hell is disgea 3?

You sicken me! :)

Seriously you should check out the 1st 2 games as they are gold.

EDIT: Heres some other PS3 news...

Sony has reportedly confirmed the long-running rumour that LocoRoco is on its way to PlayStation 3.

It's all come out at the "PlayStation Premier" event being held in Tokyo today. IGN reports that the new game is called "Buu Buu Cocoreccho! by LocoRoco".

It will be released through the PlayStation Network and support Sixaxis tilt controls. There's no word on exactly when it's due out, but apparently it's 95 percent complete at the moment.

There's been chatter about a PS3 LocoRoco before now, of course, what with the PSP version being thoroughly enchanting, and the decision to do it on PSN is probably sensible. It may also mean we get it sooner

Polyphony Digital has revealed that Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be heading to the Japanese PlayStation Network in October.

The announcement came during a presentation of the game at the Tokyo PlayStation Premier event, where a variety of cars were also confirmed for the demo - including some being shown at the Tokyo Motor Show later in the year. Online play was also confirmed, although there was no mention of cost - for now we'll assume it will follow in the footsteps of the HD Concept taster earlier in the year and be free to download, and then we can be in uproar if they decide to do something different. Go team Internet!

Prologue will, of course, offer another insight into what to expect from the full Gran Turismo 5 game when it launches on PS3 sometime in the future. As the name suggests.

For those wanting a PS3....

Play.com is offering an interesting alternative to the Sony PlayStation 3 Starter Pack - announced at E3 last week and due to go on sale in the UK tomorrow, 18th July.

Sony's version consists of the 60GB PS3, two Sixaxis controllers and a choice of two first-party games out of Genji, Resistance, MotorStorm, Formula One and Ridge Racer 7. It's set to retail for GBP 425.

Play's version (full disclosure: we added our referrer bit to the link) consists of the 60GB PS3, one Sixaxis pad, an HDMI cable and three games: MotorStorm, Genji and Resistance. It costs GBP 399.99, and you can buy it now.

Namco Bandai has revealed a new game from the creator of Katamari Damacy, Keita Takahashi.

It's called Nobi Nobi Boy, according to IGN, and revolves around a worm-like character who appears to stretch and grow - Nobi can mean "to stretch" in Japanese, apparently. What can it mean in English, readers?

So far only artwork has been released, but the style seems familiar and friendly.

Takahashi's whereabouts have been questioned ever since his name failed to be associated with Beautiful Katamari, the first next-generation rolly-action-puzzle-collect-'em-up.

We'll be keeping our news-ears peeled for more details on Nobi Nobi Boy, and will let you know when anything turns up

lol

Must do, its not some awful RPG thing though is it?

(lol@ the thoughts of Dom hyperventilating all day typing DISGEA3!)

lol

Must do, its not some awful RPG thing though is it?

(lol@ the thoughts of Dom hyperventilating all day typing DISGEA3!)

Its a Strategy RPG and it oozes charm. Look at all the annoucements happening over in Japan today ( check my editied previous post ) looking very good indeed.

More PSP news

Sony plans to launch the new slimline PSP in Japan on 20th September at a pre-tax price of 19,800 yen (GBP 79 / EUR 118).

Announced at E3 last week, the new PSP is 33 percent lighter, 19 percent slimmer and 67 percent more sexalicious. It has video-out for watching UMD films or Memory Stick videos on the TV or, more likely, playing games on one.

It can also buffer game-data a bit to reduce load-times, and charge itself through USB (PC and PlayStation 3, obviously - and probably even Xbox 360 if you cross-dress).

Sony's Japanese announcement makes no mention of the rest of the world, but Sony's E3 conference told us to expect European and North American launches in September.

Launch colours, judging by Sony's Japanese website, will be Piano black, Ceramic White, Ice Silver, Rose Pink, Lavender Purple and Felicia Blue.

The announcement also prices the individual video-out cables you'll need to buy to hook it up to your TV. Even the old PSP was hardly big enough to fit a bunch of AV outs, so in Japan at least you'll have to pay 2,200 yen (GBP 9 / EUR 13) for composite or S-video cables and 2,800 yen (GBP 11 / EUR 17) if you want D-terminal or component.

There's also a fancy little TV tuner, due out on the same day, which goes for 6,980 yen (GBP 28 / EUR 42) and plugs into the USB port.

EXCELLENT EDITED POST HOT

Very good stuff there, forgot about that event, any idea when Kojima and MGS4 are taking to the stage or even sites offering (english) coverage?

I think I might get the new PSP for my christmas with Metal Gear Portable Ops, ACID 1 + 2, and the digital graphic novel.

I think I might get the new PSP for my christmas with Metal Gear Portable Ops, ACID 1 + 2, and the digital graphic novel.

Aye, i'm thinking about getting the new PSP with portable ops for chrimbo too.

There was an announcement today (might of been yesterday) of an expansion pack for it. I'm not sure if it will be in the vein of Substance or just an download.

Just saw FF PSP for £30 at my local shop, resisted buying it till Ive dented my 360 games and till I can buy EU MG:PO with it (they only had american at the time)

Im worried my PSP will be outdated with the Lite. Not that Ive played games on it in months

Quite alot of PSP and PS3 news today.

Espicially liking the sound of Loco Roco 2 being 95% complete and on it's way!