NEurope
BigTac

News on the Nintendo _______

That doesn't mean that I won't reveal something if I feel the urge to and I know I could get away with it.

*folds arms*

We're waiting...

My problem is that even Nintendo would reveal all those things I would not believe it because many companies change their schedules in the last possible moment. So for now I really hope what BigTac said comes true - but if it doesn't it could simply mean that developers and/or Nintendo changed their mind again.

I too heard that EA is very sceptical right now and will probably have no launch titles - after the launch they will first start with sport games. Also Mark Rein said UE3 won't be happen on the Revolution it seems to hard to change HD resolution and stuff. Must be a real good engine if it can't be scaled down ....

A rumour from myself: Lucasarts will have a game coming for the Revolution (near launch) using the StarWars licence. I got this from a independent artist who got hired for it.

I will be VERY annoyed if Nintendo release the Revolution in Europe in 07, even if it is January i will be pissed off.

If they do release the Revolution in 2007, then there sales will be effected and personally i wouldn't care, they really do deserve it. I thought Nintendo were 'fighting-back' so to speak? Nothings going to change for Europe it seems.....

Saying that! I still think i/we will see it in 2006. Even if it does mean i have to import a USA console! :bouncy:

I think we'll see a similar price-point for games, accesories and hardware with Revolution to that of Gamecube - £150 at launch, games costing £30-40 (online-offline) etc. What Big Tac says about different price-points, its only what Nintendo have done with the DS (in the US/Japan anyway) with some titles launching at lower price-points such as Brain Training although as usual we'll probably get the raw end of the deal.

As for the UK release, I'm hopeful of December and it would be sensible for nintendo to push it at christmas but if it meant it being easier to get hold of a unit at launch and more launch titles then I'd happily wait till March - I'd just like to know in plenty of time, the way we were messed around with the cube launch date was shocking.

Whole price issue is meaningless to me. Retail, third parties will not pass the advantage of lower developing costs to me the consumer.

I think we'll see a similar price-point for games, accesories and hardware with Revolution to that of Gamecube - £150 at launch, games costing £30-40 (online-offline) etc. What Big Tac says about different price-points, its only what Nintendo have done with the DS (in the US/Japan anyway) with some titles launching at lower price-points such as Brain Training although as usual we'll probably get the raw end of the deal.

As for the UK release, I'm hopeful of December and it would be sensible for nintendo to push it at christmas but if it meant it being easier to get hold of a unit at launch and more launch titles then I'd happily wait till March - I'd just like to know in plenty of time, the way we were messed around with the cube launch date was shocking.

God your patient, well done. No-way am i waiting till March 2007. It really wouldn't surprise me if we are messed up with the release date here in Europe.

I'm hoping for a December 2006 launch-date then i will wait! :hehe:

God your patient, well done. No-way am i waiting till March 2007. It really wouldn't surprise me if we are messed up with the release date here in Europe.

I'm hoping for a December 2006 launch-date then i will wait! :hehe:

I'm prepared to wait only because I have a daft amount of games to play through and it'll give me a better chance to finish them off :laughing:

Can't wait though, my N64, SNES and NES have all re-emereged under my TV in anticipation :grin:

Haha thanks to Flunx and smalltac (though shame you had to make a new profile to be able to say something) and whoever else it was that wasn't immedietly hating me for daring to question the word of BigTac.

I'll leave it alone for now but I guess I was just trying to show people how easy it is to both fool people and be fooled yourself. A lot of the techniques BigTac uses, knowingly or unknowingly are methods that are being used everywhere by people, the media, our gorvernment, to fool us. It does make you see life a little differently if you can notice certain signs. But, I think most people must be happy remaining like the majority of the population. The ones that rapidly believe 95% of everything fed into us as 'fact' every single day without daring to look at things logically and question things themselves.

Peacefully ignorant.

Haha thanks to Flunx and smalltac (though shame you had to make a new profile to be able to say something) and whoever else it was that wasn't immedietly hating me for daring to question the word of BigTac.

I'll leave it alone for now but I guess I was just trying to show people how easy it is to both fool people and be fooled yourself. A lot of the techniques BigTac uses, knowingly or unknowingly are methods that are being used everywhere by people, the media, our gorvernment, to fool us. It does make you see life a little differently if you can notice certain signs. But, I think most people must be happy remaining like the majority of the population. The ones that rapidly believe 95% of everything fed into us as 'fact' every single day without daring to look at things logically and question things themselves.

Peacefully ignorant.

Well it is your right to say what you believe about a certain topic but sometimes people don't react like they should. After all life would be pretty boring without quarrels and arguments. I don't want to live in a society where everybody says yes to everything. From my point of view keep your criticism as long as you don't insult somebody I am more than fine with it.

End of the day, BT fake or real is entertaining these people. its like wrestling in a way, or a soap. you just watch it to be entertained.

If he is real, its pretty pointless for us, because he can't really tell us anything, its just because he is hyped and has to let out something, no matter how useless.

if he is fake then its actually more constructive, creative writing with him, learning to keep the story believeable, captivating an audience etc. and its good clean entertainment for those who read.

also its like a summary of what we know. tbh I actually enjoyed BGS' spoof.

although for obv. reasons it would get tedious if such spoofs became common (so please no more)

but yeah - all good fun. its not like believing or not believing BT will cause harm - I wouldn't quote anything from him "a guy I have never met and have no way of proving his credibility told me that someone told him.."

but for reading, and thinking about what he typed its ok stuff.

if he is fake its also funny watching his "followers", and even if he isn't its still pretty amusing watching them salivating for the latest morsel - but make no mistake, I find his responses just as entertaining as his initial posts.

Just to add on, in my wrestling/soap argument, you'd prolly get similar responses if you came in, saw the wrestling then said "hey - look just right then, he didn't hit him, he just stamped his foot" or "I read in the tv guide that she is going to get back together with her first b/f and dump the current one"

if you spoil someones fun they don't take too kindly to it.

Well hasn't this thred gone off course? why is it everytime BT posts something people come out with the same stuff which is totally off topic? i have heard it all before in one form or another.

so if you guys want to keep repeating the fact that you dont believe him then fine but i must say it will be you who are looking the fool because we are bored with it now.

if he does turn out fake then fine i will hold my hands up and say i was fooled. but i believe in innocent until proven guilty. i am firmly on the side of the defense.

back on topic. ty for the info BT. also keep what ever you can coming. it makes these quiet periods really a whole lot better

yeah, thanks Bigtac..I dont post here very often but I do really enjoy reading your posts

Whenever I read how people defend BigTac's posts this quote always springs to mind:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea".

Now, I'm not trying to be critical of people here but do you not see how easy it is for BigTac, when there are so many who are eager to believe, to throw out the odd sardine to the seagulls and leave it at that? Nothing is ever said that you couldn't arrive at yourself if you spend a lot of time reading about the industry.

I find it all a bit like a medium filling the Albert Hall with people, gazing into her crystal ball and saying: "Is there anyone here called John who's grandma passed away recently?"

But as Pestneb said, it's all good fun reading it but don't take it too seriously - it's all vague enough so that whatever happens he's right.

Props to Mr Cantona for the quote.

Most of the stuff he has said is fairly solid, if not a little vague. But 7 titles being released by Ubisoft? 1 or 2 of which are RPG's? Sorry but I just don't believe that. When have Ubisoft ever developed an RPG?

To be perfectly honest it doesn't matter whether Big Tac is genuine or not. The guy is completely harmless and his posts always lead to interesting discussion and speculation. If people want to take what he says to be 100% genuine then thats fine, if people think everything he says is rubbish then thats fine but there's absolutely no need to start insulting him and slagging everybody off who does believe him.

Haha thanks to Flunx and smalltac (though shame you had to make a new profile to be able to say something) .

LOL the only reason for the new profile is I forgot my old password and couldt reset it.

Besides small tac seems like a good name :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and there is no need to either defend him or prosecute him. i am sick of it lets debate about the information given and not about the validity of it. if you have nothing to add to the topic dont post.

Revelotion in Europe by the end of the year. The only official word from Nintendo is that they are doing everythin gthey can to get the console out in all regions in 2006. They keep saying that. Sure, plans can change. You can argue it may slip to 2007, but theres no official word to say that, only doubt in what you believe and have experienced in the past. Thats fair enough. All you can ssume now though is that they will live up to their word.

Pricing isnt even worth debating, it will be cheaper than 360 and PS3, again, thats all we know as thats all they've said.

It amuses me how you all get into a huff debating things that have no concrete answer yet! An answer you will get soon enough, and much better recieved without getting your knickers in a twist.

Know the facts, and put as much belief in them as you will.

I was at great pains to point out I wasn't slagging anybody off.

Questioning the veracity of BigTac's posts is as legitimate as discussing the content. Doing both, I think, makes for an interesting and enjoyable thread - I don't see what there is to get worked up about.

Most of the stuff he has said is fairly solid, if not a little vague. But 7 titles being released by Ubisoft? 1 or 2 of which are RPG's? Sorry but I just don't believe that. When have Ubisoft ever developed an RPG?

No you misunderstood. Ubisoft does have 7 titles. With 3-4 deep in development.

The 1 or 2 RPG's I mentioned where just new games I uncovered last week at GDC in development for Nintendo next system. By 2 different developers none of which are Ubisoft or Camelot.

Hey Jav, I agree with you that we will see the Revolution by the end of the year in Japan, Europe, and US. But I do know that at one point in January/early February that some developers thought that the Revolution would miss it's 06 Europe release. Now most people I talk to (developers, Nintendo insiders, other journalist) seem to agree that it will hit in 06. And if Nintendo do push back into 07 it would be a huge mistake for them to make.

And yes it may make no sense to debate things that have no concrete answer yet, such as pricing. But since I was asked that question about pricing I decide to answer it based on talks with people actually making games for the Revolution.

Oh, I think I may have mentioned this before but anyways. Look out for what Zoonami has coming for the Revolution. Again nothing new or exclusive as it has been suggested and hinted that they have been working on the Revolution for a long time. But I just thought that I wiould remined you guys.

Oh, I think I may have mentioned this before but anyways. Look out for what Zoonami has coming for the Revolution. Again nothing new or exclusive as it has been suggested and hinted that they have been working on the Revolution for a long time. But I just thought that I wiould remined you guys.

Im not gonna jump on either the slag him to death or worship him bandwagon, I guess I kinda like to believe him but thats just me because its fun and the stuff he's putting forward is largely positive and isnt that what we like to read? That things might just be turning back around for Nintendo? Of course it is!

Anyway, the quote Ive got up there, Zoonami are actually a developer Id almost forgotten about. I been expecting big things from them but the only thing to have materialised was the music game, am I right in saying that? So it'll be nice to see what their capable of and I hope theyve something else in the pipeline other than a point and click style music orientated offering - but hey, if it plays good and is fun, I wont complain!

Thanx for the Info Big Tac. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

ps. CBA to join in on this petty argument, especially one started by a 8 year old.

Hah, who are you to tell me who I think is annoying? I thought this was a forum.

If you don't like it, just don't read my post then. (Notice how this is a reply with the same type of argument as yours. This ain't going nowhere)

After all the fakes and blogs, you would think that people would have learned by now.

I highly doubt BigTac is what he says he is. You all should listen more to BGS. He seems like the smart one.

Haha I like you, welcome to the forums Flunx.

"This is the internet, Just you fucking try and stop us"

By quoting this pasage I am not endorsing anyone else's opinions so yawn at you if you felt like spazzing at me or anything else.

BigTac, i just wanna thank you for all the stuff youve said here, weither people believe it or not i dont care, i wanna wish you luck in Fulfilling your dream, i hope to join you one day as well ^_^

"Well anyway I would just to let you all know as I said before recently I have looking into actually becoming a part of the video games industry as a programmer/graphic designer. I have been offered 2 jobs. One for a big company on the west coast USA and another offer for developer in Japan. So by July/August I should be gone and finally starting my dream.

Maybe i'm a sceptic, but that comment reeks signs of covering your hide, when, if u are a fake, you will stop posting as BigTac. after those dates.:indeed: