NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Purpose behind the new "Quote in a PM" button

You may have noticed pmquote.gif or pmquote.gif next to peoples' posts. If you click on these then the post is quoted in a PM to the author of the post (Go on give it a try now!). You can then add to the PM and say why you're sending it.

Why should you use this button? The reason I like to use it for is to show appreciation to someone, but not give a largely useless and annoying "LOL" or "ROFL" reply in a thread. I add a line or two underneath the quote and then we are friends ... perhaps forever.

I really think that this is a great addition to the forum and something that we should all get into the habit of using.

Ah I thought there was an extra button there, I had a fear of pressing it though, thanks for the heads up!

I hadn't noticed any icons before. That's a nice idea, I've quoted in PMs a couple of times before so it should come in handy.

So nobody read the "Updates to the forums" thread then :p

So nobody read the "Updates to the forums" thread then :p

Updates to forums? THREAD? Why did nobody tell me?

I tried it out. I hope we can be lifelong friends due to my hilarious post of appreciation.

I just hope that The3rdChildren approves, so that it doesn't get removed.

i used it is pretty good. a nice way of showing appreciation or in my case thanking someone

Updates to forums? THREAD? Why did nobody tell me?

Next time I'll make an announcement, and email every member, and PM every member, and take an ad out in "OK!". Okay? :p But seriously its in the Board News & Issues forum.

Next time I'll make an announcement, and email every member, and PM every member, and take an ad out in "OK!". Okay? :p But seriously its in the Board News & Issues forum.

Ha, got it boss :bowdown:

Now I see. Was curious why you deleted the previous message ;)

Now I see. Was curious why you deleted the previous message ;)

Sometimes you have to go that little bit extra.