NEurope
darkcloud

Learn Japanese together!

japanese is pretty fun to learn-i've been doing it for a couple weeks or so and i might be doing it as part as my biology uni degree at manchester! if i do i get to work in japan for a year! BARGAIN!!!!

I've been learning japanese from a very good for about a year and I know Hiragana and Katakana pretty well but struggling with Kanji, so am I too late to join this yet?

Because I really would like to learn japanese and this sounds like a really good idea.

Takeo Miyazaki when did you start your Biology degree, and did you already know some japanese in the beginning?

Your so lucky!

if i do i get to work in japan for a year! BARGAIN!!!!

Japan's a very pricey country yo.

im doing japanese GCSE. im a bit of a language freak, im fluent in french and italian, and im learning japanese. im gonna get a summer job in this teach people

holiday phrases before they go kinda thing. i'd like to join, but being at boarding school kinda f*cks it up a bit. but hey, if any one needs help with french or italian, dont hesitate to ask.

japanese at GCSE you lucky bastard,

im putting this on hold for now, ive downloaded all of them and also handy 'notes' and 'vocabbuilder' mp3. so when i get my spanish exams out of the way im full steaming through the holidays to learn all that are on those mp3! :D

I've been learning japanese from a very good for about a year and I know Hiragana and Katakana pretty well but struggling with Kanji, so am I too late to join this yet?

Because I really would like to learn japanese and this sounds like a really good idea.

Takeo Miyazaki when did you start your Biology degree, and did you already know some japanese in the beginning?

Your so lucky!

i havent started it. i'll be starting it in september. i know bits and peices from friends learning it and from one of them 'colloqial japanese' cd/book things

theyre really usefull if you know someone else whos learning it so you can try out convo's. it then just kinda solidifys in your mind if you get me. . . lol

Sorry I've been gone for so long, been having some problems in life.......... Bleh..... Anyway, as I said before distribution won't be done by me anymore I'm very sorry....... One of the pms I sent you a while back contains a way for all of you to get them all though.... Gomen!

I'll be posting in this thread from now though and I've been getting quite a bit better recently. ^^;

To the people who just joined the thread, hajimemashite! Genki desu ka? Onegai gambatte!

Konnichi-wa, genki-des-o-kagga-sema-det, annata-wa? (sp?)

The japanese language is a lot easier than i thought it would be, most of it seems to be a presumption, as for the lessons, i have pimslers jap 1 lessons 1-8 and have msn messanger, so add me an you never know, they could end up on your pc by mistake or something. or if messanger isnt good enough for you, i can place 1 every 2 days on geocities.com, but i only have enough spcae for 1, so you'd have to get it within the 2 days or it would be gone. what lesson is everyone upto anyway Darkcloud, im on 5/6 i think, not to hard to learn.

Watashi-wa Nihung-go-ga hanashe-mas demo madda joso-jarie-mas-en (sp?...lol)

Me, Me right here:bouncy: , Me please please please, thank you.

Like i said before i have pdfs and avis of some learning materials.

PM me if you want the pdfs and ill try and sort some email thing up, but the videos could be tricky as there is a couple of gig in total. I could post a dvd to someone in good faith that they would copy it and pass it on to the next person who needs it.

Just a quick show of hands...... How many people are still listening to the lessons? I have been, but, I've had little time to post..... Work has kept me busy. :-/

Oh and nintendork..... No...... Really it doesn't work.....

Oh and for people who are learning and has no one to speak to to get to hear Japanese being spoken..... Don't use anime as a source... I would suggest watching J-Drama's...... They give a better representation of how a Japanese person would actually speak... I've picked up quite a bit more from the 4 series I've watched then in the tons of anime I've watched...... Oh and they are very enjoyable. =P

Gambarre!

BYEBYE!!! (strange reference >.<)

Just a quick show of hands...... How many people are still listening to the lessons? I have been, but, I've had little time to post..... Work has kept me busy. :-/

Oh and nintendork..... No...... Really it doesn't work.....

Oh and for people who are learning and has no one to speak to to get to hear Japanese being spoken..... Don't use anime as a source... I would suggest watching J-Drama's...... They give a better representation of how a Japanese person would actually speak... I've picked up quite a bit more from the 4 series I've watched then in the tons of anime I've watched...... Oh and they are very enjoyable. =P

Gambarre!

BYEBYE!!! (strange reference >.<)

excellent advice, does watching battle royale a million times help, or any other japanese films/dramas?

excellent advice, does watching battle royale a million times help, or any other japanese films/dramas?

Probably does, as I would imagine Shenmue does as well. Its a good way to pick up common Japanese words, such as please, thank you, drink, milk, talk, see, visit, (these are all turning into verbs) and less regular ones you may need to use; such as revenge, fighting and backpack.

I've been meaning to learn for a while, and always figured the easiest way for me personally would be a learn Japanese auidobook, so I could listen to it while on the go and such. Any reccomendations?

well, all day at work i was singing

TSUKERIMASHO

TSUKERIMASHO

SATE SATE NANI NA

DEKIRUKENA

after watching FF:Advent children i learnt that kaza is mum/mother. and wathing fullmetal alchemist i learnt that miza(?) is brother.

so wathing anime/cg anime is good for little words.

ive just stopped listening to them recently becasue i really have to learn this god for saken spanish speaking which im doing sometime in may! (shit)

after ive done all my language crap at school im carrrying on.

Japanese English

shigeru to grow thick, to luxuriate, to be luxurious

(hmmm this place i got it off doesnt have miya, as you said moto is source/ origin, but ive split it to mi and ya)

Japanese English

mi fruit, nut, seed, content, good result

mi body, main part, oneself, sword

mi not yet

mi sixth sign of Chinese zodiac

mi three

Japanese English

ya arrow

ya melting

ya question mark

ya eight

ya valley

if anyone hase anything better then.....id like to know also

hehe another website i got this its his name: シゲル ミやモト

Japanese English

shigeru to grow thick, to luxuriate, to be luxurious

(hmmm this place i got it off doesnt have miya, as you said moto is source/ origin, but ive split it to mi and ya)

Japanese English

mi fruit, nut, seed, content, good result

mi body, main part, oneself, sword

mi not yet

mi sixth sign of Chinese zodiac

mi three

Japanese English

ya arrow

ya melting

ya question mark

ya eight

ya valley

if anyone hase anything better then.....id like to know also

hehe another website i got this its his name: シゲル ミやモト

That last name is just his name in katakana; if you were writing it phonetically, you would use hiragana like so:

みやもと しげる (note that in japanese it goes family name, then given name).

The kanji is 宮本 茂.

Which means the following:

宮(miya)= shinto shrine/constellations/palace

本(moto)= source/root

茂(shigeru)= overgrown/to be thick or luxuriant.

These don't fit together to make a whole meaning; the kanji just make up separate elements of the name (people don't think about the meanings of names most of the time- most people on here probably have names with roots in latin or other ancient languages).

I think anyone on here at all interested in written Japanese should learn the kana (the phonetic alphabets, hiragana and katakana). I'll teach them if enough people show interest.

N.B. All the spaces I have used are to make the understanding easier; written Japanese usually doesn't have spaces.

im going there in like a month and i dont no anything lolers.

Is it to late to join this? Like I said im going there in like a month. :X

Domo arigato gozaimasu, thats two more kanji that should be easy to remember :).

Does anyone one any good japanese bands?

Ive only really found the Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra but alot of there stuff is in english and i cant find translations for the japanese stuff.

Really good band if you like your ska/jazz music though.

I like ORANGE RANGE. and gackt.

Asian Kung-fu Generation.

Asian Kung fu generation

Orange Range

Kishidan

L'arc en ciel are bloody awesome

Yasushi Ishii does awesome music.

Road of Major

plenty

Oh and The Yellow Monkey are very good.