N-Europe

Free microsoft USB stick

arab_freak

I did this about a week ago or so.

Don't expect anything above 128Mb from them either..............and people are even saying that it could be ROM. If that's the case then I'll be chucking mine straight in the trash.

But it's free, so can't complain.

Weird, it said i could ship to the UK...

It's just a generic shipping front end that has no context to what it is shipping. Bad design by Microsoft really, allowing us no US guys to order them, even though the chances are we won't get any.

This is similar to the deal that they have where they ship out little lego-like superheros to us programmers to attend their e-seminars and webcasts. I attend them quite a lot but they never send me the goods as it says US only (even though i can enter my shipping details).

So can i use my yahoo account?What is the point of the passport?

Passport is Microsofts login thing, an email address which you can use on MSN Messenger and to log into any Microsoft site.

You can sign up with your Yahoo account...

lol,

yeh even if its burnt in, you could probably hack it or flash it, ive done things like that before, ive flashed an mp3 player to have ogg playback, etc.

and cracking the diehard encryption on a usb stick. its not really full encryption because i got the program to forcefully decrypt the data on it

ill keep everyone updated on if i crack it