Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Knowing the proper Venom saga like I do I just cant let the poor characterisation of Peter being affected by the suit slide, its just stupid.

Yeah, I know it too (:indeed: ), but they don't have to stick to the comics. They had a good idea, but they botched it up.

Yes it was definately botched up, but personally I think sticking to the comics for the basics of what the suit does makes a lot more sense. More than just making him an arrogant little shit.

I think they should have used the Ultimate Universe Venom explanation. A lot more plausible than a random alien falling from the sky.

I would have been happy with the Ultimate version or if they did do the alien symbiote then to do it a bit more like the 90s Spider-Man cartoon which was very well done and you understood everything, obviously the 616 origin just wouldnt work in the movie universe. Venom in spider-man 3 isnt developed at all apart from that tiny scene with Doc Conners.

Sunshine - 7/10

Even though I find the events of the last third of the take a turn for the weird and seem a bit out of place in the movie I still really enjoy it. I think its just a shame now that I didnt see it on the big screen as ive heard that its amazing.

The big screen is probably why i'd give it a 9/10.

Beautiful stunning. Perfection on screen at some points (visually).

I.....I.....agree that its an awesome film Pash.

*Hell freezes over*

I can respect artistic films Pash, but properly entertaining films uber kick the shit out of them TBH, Poozer.

Yup, they do.

It is a great film to watch on the big screen though. I loved it when I first saw it.

I can respect artistic films Pash, but properly entertaining films uber kick the shit out of them TBH, Poozer.

My Dad says the same thing... then I ask him for a film recommendation and he can't remember the name of a film he watched and enjoyed two days previous. Memorable eh.

......He must a have a bad memory, Poozer.

Im sorry, but entertaining films completely win against "artistic" ones. They may promote a message, or have outstanding performances, but for cripes sake a film that makes you feel excited, and just all the elements that play into that is just infinitely better.

Anyway, Ill be doing a Films Review 2007 Thread soon, going to rate and talk about every single cinema film Ive seen this year, then rank, and also give awards.

Im sorry, but entertaining films completely win against "artistic" ones. They may promote a message, or have outstanding performances, but for cripes sake a film that makes you feel excited, and just all the elements that play into that is just infinitely better.

Anyway, Ill be doing a Films Review 2007 Thread soon, going to rate and talk about every single cinema film Ive seen this year, then rank, and also give awards.

Sounds awesome!

Is Transformers an "artistic thought provoking film"? No. Is it the movie I most enjoyed this year so far? Yes.

About sums up my point. :)

That'll be informative and take into accounts other opinions. Better would be to do a survey thing in the form of PM's. Kinda like every other awards show. :wtf:

Then we'd get the N-Europe's general concensus, rather than just one persons.