NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Omg, what a film.

This is by far the best in my opnion, they have really grown into great actors/actress, and Luna played the part perfect!

Umbridge was amazing, you just wanted to punch her :D

And the CG was stunning.

Bloody amazing.

9.7/10

I've been paying an increasing amounts of money to see a slightly improved but not improved enough to raise it above mediocre series of films.

I'm seeing Potter No. 5 to see if it has indeed reached mediocrity.

Hopefully they release an uncut Die Hard 4.0 on dvd, so we can see more bullet wounds and hear the "motherfucker" lol

Haha I'm waiting for an uncut DVD just for the full yippi-ki-ay aswell :p.

I know you think their terrible, which is perfectly fine, but why do you think they get such good reviews from critics usually? I mean except for the odd few critics usually love the harry potter movies don't they?

No... they don't!!! :D All they do is confirm that it's indeed fit for the mainstream audience, I haven't read a single review saying it's acutally good as a whole or rating it more than 3 stars or a C+.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Omg, what a film.

This is by far the best in my opnion, they have really grown into great actors/actress, and Luna played the part perfect!

Umbridge was amazing, you just wanted to punch her :D

And the CG was stunning.

Bloody amazing.

9.7/10

That had to come from you, didn't it?

Is it your new favourite film, replacing There's Something About Mary?

No... they don't!!! :D All they do is confirm that it's indeed fit for the mainstream audience, I haven't read a single review saying it's acutally good as a whole or rating it more than 3 stars or a C+.

That had to come from you, didn't it?

Is it your new favourite film, replacing There's Something About Mary?

Read The Times reviews. All very postive. Oh wait and the Gaurdian, Film 200? (Jonanthon Ross), Channel 4 film (off the top of my head and the Sunday Mirror. New York times is another as far as I can remember.

Basically if you've not found many positve reviews enojoying the movie as a whole, then you obviously haven't read many reviews.

Harry Potter films are always 3/5's which constitutes as good, but nothing great.

please change the "always" because thats just not true. Most I read other than a small few, especially since the 3rd film which got cracking reviews, there mostly 4 stars.

Maybe by Paul Ross or whoever elses cruddy mass-media opinion your childish ass takes seriously.

But in the majority of respectable british publications (Empire in particular, Sight and Sound) the Harry Potter films average out at 3 stars.

do you always have to act like that? We were having a little debate, I'm not the one being childish when someone disagrees with my opinions. Is it possible for you to have a discussion without insulting the other person?

Empire has actually given more 4 star marks that 3 stars to the series. So if you do the math they average out at closer to 4.

Only towards you because 99% of the time, everything you say is very child-like...

And like I said stop with the obsession with Harry Potter, it is getting fucking boring...

maybe you should look up the definition of obsession. I have merly reviewed the latest movie which I saw, and stated that from the reviews I have seen its more 4 stars than 3 stars, like with empire. If that counts as obsession thaen your obviously obessed with insulting people as soon as they challenge your opinion.

Alright lets just stop talking about Harry Potter all together. Zip it. One and all. Its a big enough release that it warrants its own thread if needs be but no need for this thread to be filled with childish arguments.

:bowdown:

At long last...

That was because of you moaning. It wasn't a "I don't care about Harry Potter lets not talk about it" it was a case of "you twits can't talk, only argue."

Somebody call the spell police...

And come off it, you have been talking about your love of Harry fuckin Potter all around the forums. Going on and on, telling us how you love it. Going into detail about the family members you have who like it, talking about the book and talking about bleedin Harry Potter theme parks...

4 pages + of this thread have been lost to a gay Harry Potter discussion, you were mainly behind.

Nobody cares

I was asked if I read the books, so told people I hadn't, and then got into a discussion as to why I like the movies.

I mentioned the themepark because I saw the story on bbc3 (60 seconds) and thought other people might be interested, I was because I love themeparks and rides.

I mentioned my family members to help back up what I was saying.

Oh and I apologise for spelling one word wrong :heh: You're usually the one that complains when people mention spelling etc in a post, so don't contradict yourself.

I don't understand why a simple discussion turned into you insulting me?

13 going on 30

Umm, not to great really. A random concept that gets a little boring. A couple of funny moments, thats about it.

4/10

Final destination 3

Love this movie. Gory, funny, some great deaths and some funny moments. I like the songs that described early deaths "love rollercoaster" and "love train".

Better than the first 2, which are also great.

8/10

has anyone tried that thing with the choose their death bit on the dvd? I didn't get a chance to and want to know if its any good.

;503819"]no need for this thread to be filled with childish arguments.

Sadly it would seem that when the likes of hobbzinio and oxigen_waste both post in the same thread then there isn't much hope of avoiding childish arguments.

Maybe by Paul Ross or whoever elses cruddy mass-media opinion your childish ass takes seriously.

But in the majority of respectable british publications (Empire in particular, Sight and Sound) the Harry Potter films average out at 3 stars.

If it's Empire magazine you mentioned there, well, I don't see them as very respectable, their articles and (some) reviews are too immature to be taken that seriously. Still, I do buy it occasionally though. :blush:

Munich

Powerful, compelling, moving, if a little slow in places. Another Spielberg classic.

8/10

Who the hell are you at exactly? Take off your blinkers and realise me + Oxigen add to threads, more then take away from them and stop trying so hard to oppose me.

And so basically Haggis, you have been talking about Harry Potter a hell of alot... And it felt good being an asshole with the spell thing for a change lol...

Im just sick of opening this thread, to see Harry Potter being talked about in every manour possible.

well why didn't you just day that, rather than insulting me? It would have been alot easier wouldn't it?

You are childish in alot of things you say, thats not an insult I feel like that is a fact. You just throw a hissy fit too way to quickly, with the whole "stop insulting me, leave me alone" cry baby routine.

You know what, the thing you started for no reason is ruining this thread. So i'm not gonna even going to reply to any of those things becuase you're just not worth it.

Like I said early, has anyone tried the choose their death thing on the final destination 3 DVD?

Your childish and that was proven by the hissy fit you threw over nothing...

And yes I've got it on DVD, you can make characters survive, pretty cool feature. Still the weakest film by far in the series though, needed more gore on the rollercoaster scene!

No, If you look back dude, I didn't start it.

I thought that scene was pretty good, the best death by far was the sunbeds. Though the deleted scene death for the black guy in the gym is much better than the normal one.

oh and the trailer for transformers during HP was awesome, the whole cinema almost burst into applause lol.

Read The Times reviews. All very postive. Oh wait and the Gaurdian, Film 200? (Jonanthon Ross), Channel 4 film (off the top of my head and the Sunday Mirror. New York times is another as far as I can remember.

Basically if you've not found many positve reviews enojoying the movie as a whole, then you obviously haven't read many reviews.

Darling, those aren't movie reviews... Times?? The Guardian?? LOL, those guys elected Spielberg as the greatest director of all time, honey... When I say reviews from critics, I think experienced critics... specialized press, you know? And trustworthy, not like Jonathon Ross!

please change the "always" because thats just not true. Most I read other than a small few, especially since the 3rd film which got cracking reviews, there mostly 4 stars.

Haggis, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Nobody cares about Empire or what you think, it's common knowledge, HP films suck. Of course, the 5th one was actually ok. : peace:

Sadly it would seem that when the likes of hobbzinio and oxigen_waste both post in the same thread then there isn't much hope of avoiding childish arguments.

I love it when people try to be funny about something and end up making the same mistake the people they make of fun did. Nice going.

EDIT...

LET'S ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HARRY POTTER, SHALL WE?

Harry Potter 5

It was alright I suppose, enjoyable but not memorable.

6/10

So what did you guys think of it?

I don't want to doll out a load of thread bans.

Oh and by the way the topic title is actually "rate the last film you saw" not "give your opinion about whatever the last person spoke about"

Harry Potter 5

It was alright I suppose, enjoyable but not memorable.

6/10

So what did you guys think of it?

Hehe, this post was hilarious!

I may have actually laughed!

8/10.

here man ya radgie puffs, dinnet argue over harry potter.

all his life hes been the center of conflic and yous all arging over hims just gonna give the lad more grife.