N-Europe

Adverts That Blow 2006

EEVILMURRAY

I like that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter because of the ideas. Sometimes I have to squint to see who is Ozzy and who's John Culshaw. Mostly because John Culshaw is the best Ozzy impersonator, as he focuses on Ozzy's behaviour rather than Alastair McGowan and Avid Merrion/Leigh Francis and every other impersonator who focus on his swearing.

Those new Domino's Pizza ones with The Simpsons, when Homer shuts the door before the Squeaky-Voiced Teen finishes saying "Domino's Pizza". Reminds me of an old Doritos advert with Homer a few years ago.

How long has it been since Domino's Pizza became the sponsor for The Simpsons.

Anyway, adverts I don't like:

Sheila's Wheels

Ambrosia

ICS

InjuryLawyers4u

And every other advert except for ones done by Guinness etc.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand that dubbed advert with the kid in the supermarket asking his mum for a lolly and the woman jumps in and says 'but they're not bad for his teeth!'

(probably already mentioned somewhere here because it makes me cringe when it comes on >.>)

Indeed Shorty, I mentioned the craptastic Cremosa in the mother post. But it's so shite it needs to be said again. There's no way a mother would say to another [or at all] that "kids love it because it's as creamy as an ice cream" I hope that when the woman behind that voice spins in her grave when she pops it.

The Ozzy ICBINB ad is shameful. How someone so great be reduced to that? Also that Lacoste Pink ad with that blonde bird in pink chasing something with that annoying as hell song playing. Changing the channel dont always work either. MTV2 only play indie now *pukes*, Kerrang! play anything but metal it seems these days *pukes again* and the last time I flicked to Scuzz they were playing Green Day *pukes once more*.

I can't stand that dubbed advert with the kid in the supermarket asking his mum for a lolly and the woman jumps in and says 'but they're not bad for his teeth!'

(probably already mentioned somewhere here because it makes me cringe when it comes on >.>)

oh aye- it's one of those east europe looking ones =)

i 'love' the dubbing.....

I'm just fed up with how much computer graphics are used in adverts nowadays - they just don't impress me anymore. When was the last time there was an advert with a hand-drawn cartoon in?

By the way, don't hate me, but for some reason I love the Safestyle and Sheilas' Wheels adverts - my girlfriend always moans when I start singing along to 'women make the safest drivers, you could save a bunch of fivers'. :p That's another thing abot modern adverts - there just aren't enough catchy jingles anymore.

The Ozzy ICBINB ad is shameful. How someone so great be reduced to that? Also that Lacoste Pink ad with that blonde bird in pink chasing something with that annoying as hell song playing. Changing the channel dont always work either. MTV2 only play indie now *pukes*, Kerrang! play anything but metal it seems these days *pukes again* and the last time I flicked to Scuzz they were playing Green Day *pukes once more*.

VH2 plays Indie more than MTV2 ever will, MTV2 plays a whole bastard variety of music, except for Jeff Buckley, goddamn I wanna see that Last Goodbye video once more, why didn't I tape it when I got ze chance.

Anyway, on subject. The Barclays ones are actually okay. There's a bit where that employer plays office golf, after he hits the ball he says "hello."

And that's about it.

VH2 plays Indie more than MTV2 ever will, MTV2 plays a whole bastard variety of music, except for Jeff Buckley, goddamn I wanna see that Last Goodbye video once more, why didn't I tape it when I got ze chance.

Anyway, on subject. The Barclays ones are actually okay. There's a bit where that employer plays office golf, after he hits the ball he says "hello."

And that's about it.

That might be true, I don't know cuz I never go to VH2. It just seems to me that the heaviest thing they've played lately is Seven Nation Army. Wheres the Metallica, Maiden, KoRn, RATM? They don't even play those twisted Tool vids anymore.

Back so subject, anyone seen that Bell ad? 'Car insurance even if you have zero no claims bonus GONG!' repeat about five times in 20 seconds. Its gonna send me into a blind rage someday.

That might be true, I don't know cuz I never go to VH2. It just seems to me that the heaviest thing they've played lately is Seven Nation Army. Wheres the Metallica, Maiden, KoRn, RATM? They don't even play those twisted Tool vids anymore.

I thought Kerrang! played Metallica, Maiden and KoRn, RATM is sometimes on MTV2, and Tool. Doesn't 120 Minutes play alternative videos. Or not, because they used to play Arcade Fire videos there.

Back to adverts:

All loan/mortgages/car insurance ads are all shoite. Except for First Active, they're just a bit stupid.

"Have you been looking out that window again?"

"Yes. Yes I have!"

Urgh, i hate the mc donalds world cup ones, where that bloody guy is shouting, by the end of the add u just feel like punching him in the face and telling him to STFU. Lol, and that dubbed advert for the lollies which 'arent bad for their teeth' and then the kid whacks the lollie on his teeth several times. And Have u seen the animal crossing ad before Its me or the dog! Noooo, Nintendo how could you! Its terrible, especially when some of nintys recent ads havent been too bad

The Lombard Direct ad has been pissing me off, bastard talking phone, plus they've changed the phone number, it had relevance before. In fact most loan ads, because they automatically assume the blokes want a car and the women want "home improvements"

I know this technically isn't an ad as such but I'm remixing sponsorships into this. For those in the East Midlands our weather for local news is sponsored by BMI Baby who have this poorly animated flying baby gobshite taking advantage of the weather and just making everything his bitch. He should get struck by lightning then I'll piss on him.

That Hula Hoops one with the airline pilots is pissing me off at the moiment, and those Pizza Hut ones you know 'you do the maths and we'll do the pizza' ones. Not just because they're totally ridiculous, but because at the value of their meals the last thing they should be encouraging people to do is brush up on their maths.

The Lombard Direct ad has been pissing me off, bastard talking phone, plus they've changed the phone number, it had relevance before.

Yeah...they've changed it twice. It used to be 0800 10 15000 or something :hmm: It just sounds wrong now....It didn't piss me off with the old ones, it was just on ALL the time (thats how i remember the no.:heh:)

What's ironic about the McDonalds ads is that they're adverts for the the most unhealthy food on Earth sponsoring some of the most healthy people on Earth.

What's ironic about the McDonalds ads is that they're adverts for the the most unhealthy food on Earth sponsoring some of the most healthy people on Earth.

McDonalds is good for you. Fact. Anyway, what are these new adverts like? I don't have a TV at uni so I've not seen them. But for Euro 2004 they had one where some random guy would sing random football chants in various random situations. Are they anything like that, because those were fucking quality.

There's a reason for that.

And I like the McDonalds ads. Retro-lover I think he's singing "Can you hear the missus sing? No. No." Can't quite remember though. And Kurt-R it was 0800 2 15000 'cos that was how much you could take out (£800 to £15000)

McDonalds is good for you. Fact. Anyway, what are these new adverts like? I don't have a TV at uni so I've not seen them. But for Euro 2004 they had one where some random guy would sing random football chants in various random situations. Are they anything like that, because those were fucking quality.

They're the same ones. Oh and the bit about macdonalds being good for you. I presume that is a joke.

Yeah...they've changed it twice. It used to be 0800 10 15000 or something :hmm: It just sounds wrong now....It didn't piss me off with the old ones, it was just on ALL the time (thats how i remember the no.:heh:)

It was 0800215000, I remember because they made a point of being able to borrow 800 to [2] 15,000 quid.

I won't hear a bad word said about the new Walkers adverts, Lineker is the shit.

I've just remembered the DFS advert [mainly because it just came on] with this model shit, Models getting angsty that attention isn't on them for once, then they clap at the end!?

ARGH

Im with EEVIL, the walkers ads are great. Simplistic, not like they'e going through loads of trouble to say it,

Unlike the Specsavers ad with the woman on the swing, which is pants, who goes through that much trouble just to say that you get 2 glasse for 20 quid or whatever. Walkers have the right idea