Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Woooooorld Cuuuuup

Fierce_LiNk

This is stressful :laughing:

Would've loved for it to finish with that Messi strike, just needed to hit one of the top corners, but what a save by Lloris. So end-to-end. Di Maria being subbed off and not going to 5 at the back with that change was a big mistake. 

Fun, but a very stressful watch. Swear my neighbours think I'm Argentinian after this WC with all the screaming I've been doing during their matches :D (& considering that I've been mistaken for most South American nationalities, they genuinely just might)

The. Beautiful. Game. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d2a21144942aa4d7a

Greatest World Cup final in my lifetime, possibly ever, and a trophy won at last by the greatest player of all time. 

I struggle to see this as a loss for France.

They fought hard, Mbappé gave possibly the best individual performance of a final ever (I'm talking across all team sports here, that was Michael Jordan levels of individual brilliance in a football final) to drag them back into it not only once, but really they gave Messi the send-off he deserved.

This is simply a win for football. 

The. Beautiful. Game. 

@Hero-of-Time @drahkon pokemon-sadism.gif

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mate just pointed out that a 27 year old Mbappé will feature at the 2026 World Cup. I'm 4 days younger than Mbappé. Please send help. 

Also, my neighbours 100% think I'm Argentinian now. Screamed the place down and almost moved to tears by this match. Given my sister the heads-up that if anyone asks if we're Argentinian to just say "Sí", nod and move on :laughing:

• Haha 2

Mate just pointed out that a 27 year old Mbappé will feature at the 2026 World Cup. I'm 4 days younger than Mbappé. Please send help. 

Also, my neighbours 100% think I'm Argentinian now. Screamed the place down and almost moved to tears by this match. Given my sister the heads-up that if anyone asks if we're Argentinian to just say "Sí", nod and move on :laughing:

Tbf you could just hate the French. There are quite a few countries around the world that would apply to..

• Haha 1