N-Europe

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth (26th January 2024)

Julius

None on Ebay UK to check but headed over to Ebay Italy and found this.

Link

Same on Ebay France.

Link

Be a bit weird in the UK version doesn't have the Sony seal. I can't recall ever seeing a game without one unless it has been resealed.

I'm calling shenanigans.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

But then Ike's doesn't either 🤷‍♂️

Indeed. 

Gonn send mine back for refund until I know what's what. Got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

Shame there are no videos for the UK version or any for sale on ebay to check.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Indeed. 

Gonn send mine back for refund until I know what's what. Got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

Shame there are no videos for the UK version or any for sale on ebay to check.

Yeah I was hoping to see a photo on Instagram but it's hard to tell where people are from.

Pretty scummy of Amazon in that case, selling as new. Not that bothered about Persona 3 (I’ll check that the disk works later tonight) but it’s the last time buying games from them.

The Game Collection are selling it for £35 if anyone wants an alternative.

Are you sure it’s not a mainland Europe copy? It’s not uncommon for places like Amazon or The Game Collection to procure EU copies from outside the UK and sell them within the UK.  It you buy Nintendo games, it’s really obvious when this happens because they denote the intended region of sale using coloured triangles on the boxes.

Do mainland EU or Scandinavian copies of PS4/PS5 games have the same PS seal?

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Are you sure it’s not a mainland Europe copy? It’s not uncommon for places like Amazon or The Game Collection to procure EU copies from outside the UK and sell them within the UK.  It you buy Nintendo games, it’s really obvious when this happens because they denote the intended region of sale using coloured triangles on the boxes.

Do mainland EU or Scandinavian copies of PS4/PS5 games have the same PS seal?

Pretty sure all EU games feature the PS seal. For example, here's a copy of Wonder Boy Collection that is the EU version.

LINK

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The year of the JRPG continues...

GPvSuw5WoAA1AOe?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, I dunno what more I can say about these developers that I havent said already. I find it amazing how they can not only keep knocking these games out at such a fast rate but also keep the game quality at such a high level.

I really enjoyed the Pokemon style part of the game. Capturing random team members when fighting on the street and them using them in battle was great, especially given some of the colourful characters that were on offer.

GPvZWJFWAAAg0SO?format=jpg&name=large

One aspect I didn't care for was the Animal Crossing style island. I dabbled with it for a while and then sacked it off, leaving it until post game to mop up the trophies. It was okay but didn't really add to my experience. Good time waster for those who want a break from the main game though.

As for the narrative, amazing stuff, as always. 

Spoiler

It was interesting that fake news took a lot of the spotlight at the beginning of the game. It really highlights just how our society can be so easily swayed by media. How they tied it all in with Bleach Japan and the waste island was very well done, with the two protagonists and their respective groups playing great alongside each other. One took care of Hawaii and the other took care of Japan. Sorted.

Spoiler

Kiryu having cancer was a massive gut punch for me. If people read my journey when playing God of War Ragnarok they would know that my dad got diagnosed with terminal cancer last year. Seeing Kiryu go through it and how he was dealing with what he thinks are his last moments really hit me hard. I was in tears at the end when you see him in the wheel chair getting treatment and looking so deteriorated. This is something I've had to watch my dad go through as well. Sad/hard times.

On a brighter note, it was awesome to see Date back and trying his best to get Kiryu to see his old friends before he passes. I was heartbroken when he went to see Haruka, only for him to hear her say she didn't really want to see him. Gutted. :(

The cast are once again top tier and the new characters mix well with the old ones. I :heart: Chitose. She was such a fantastic character and she remained in my party all throughout the game.

It wouldn't be a Yakuza game without some epic moments and one of my favourites came when...

Spoiler

You track down your old friends, ask them for help, only for them to refuse and instead fight against you. 

GPvZWJHXEAAdmoC?format=jpg&name=large

Absolutely epic fight that was a bit of a difficulty spike, much like Majima was in Like a Dragon.

Amazing game and certainly my GOTY so far. FFVII Rebirth was a bit of a bust and so I wasn't going to give it the honour of a platinum milestone. However, this hit all the right notes and delivered on everything and so the platinum milestone of 750 goes to Infinite Wealth.

GPvZWJEWwAA5KAm?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I finally started playing this last week.

At first it wasn't grabbing me quite like previous games in the series, the pace is unbelievably slow (even by Yakuza standards) and the writing seemed a bit off too. :hmm: Fast forward a few hours though and I'm loving it of course. :hehe:

The part with Ichiban getting dating advice from the boys was the turning point, absolutely hilarious! :laughing:

Then the main story stuff really started getting good. :cool:

Then I got hooked on the Sujimon aspect. :D

I'm currently on Chapter 6, but I've hit such a massive brick wall that it might actually prevent me from being able to ever finish the game! :shakehead
And that brick wall is...

97OPGb1.jpeg

Dondoko Island! 🏝️:yay::bouncy:

Now I always knew from the initial reveal trailer this would be something that I'd really love and get way too invested in, but even so, my expectations have been well and truly surpassed. I mean it's literally an entire game, a glorious Yakuza infused version of Animal Crossing. :heh: Absolutely loving it! :love:

I haven't had the slightest urge to return to the main story since arriving at Dondoko Island, and I don't think I will for a very long time. :o

Seriously, the dolphin they got waiting to take Ichiban back to the main island is probably going to die of old age at this rate. :heh:

Send help! :laughing:

BTW, it's interesting how many little cues there are to the upcoming Majima Pirate game in this. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1