Jump to content
NEurope
Glen-i

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together (Playing Mario Kart 7 on the 7th of March)

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Can we do a GP some week that's the Animal Crossing course in each of the four seasons? 

Boy, I wish. But there's absolutely no way I can influence the game to pick a specific season.
It's the reason I don't include it in the above theme, because the Winter one does take place at night, but it's far more likely that it won't pick it.

EDIT: Gah! New page!

Theme Night Tonight

cD6SHhD.png

Blatantly nicking @Dcubed and @BowserBasher's casual suggestion for a night time theme, and luckily, there's exactly 12 tracks that fit! The other 2 Rainbow Roads explicitly take place in space, so...

See you at 8!

Also, shout-out to @martinist in the hopes that it reminds him to join.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Boy, I wish. But there's absolutely no way I can influence the game to pick a specific season.
It's the reason I don't include it in the above theme, because the Winter one does take place at night, but it's far more likely that it won't pick it.

I thought you boys would have figured out a way to game the RNG by now. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

I thought you boys would have figured out a way to game the RNG by now. :( 

There is a way, but only offline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

I thought you boys would have figured out a way to game the RNG by now. :( 

You'd think by some of the picks and how many times one person has had their pick chosen in a row that we have, but alas we haven't reached that level of MK godness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job I checked, I'd of just assumed it was players choice otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Good job I checked, I'd of just assumed it was players choice otherwise.

Generally, I do Theme Nights on the first week of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Good job I checked, I'd of just assumed it was players choice otherwise.

Pen and paper at the ready!

@martinist finish that song on Theatrhythm and get Mario Kart on.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two good GPs and two bad GPs. I say thats about eaven.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Pen and paper at the ready!

@martinist finish that song on Theatrhythm and get Mario Kart on.

I had time for one song!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-93891406-d3d2-4292-8b93-fcc6ba841a17-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (04/05/2023)

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yo yo yo! @Glen-i can't make it this week, so the fate of the world now rests on @BowserBasher's shoulders for Player's Choice tonight.

No pressure now!

Been on tenterhooks waiting for some instructions on tonight's proceedings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, OK well assuming @BowserBasher is playing this week... on his profile he hasn't been on the forums today... maybe he got Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom early? :p

Or might just be avoiding spoilers...

Ah well, we shall see, but I'll see if I can get on a bit earlier, set the stream up, if it gets to 19:55 and BowserBasher isn't on, then I can host. :peace:

150 CC, All Vehicles, CPU on and... custom items set to Lightning bolts and Blue Shells only... right? ;)

- - - - -

Updated - 19:25 - OK, it looks like I'm hosting then, I should have the room open, half an hour from... now!

150cc Grand Prix, No Teams, Normal items, CPU (possibly), All Vehicles, 4 races... 19:55 room opening time.

It'll be interesting in the Discord chat this week then if no one else is in there...

Me - "Blue Shell"

...

Me - "Well, don't say I didn't warn you!" :p

 

Annnd BowserBasher is here! Wahey! I'll join the room in a few minutes.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Yo yo yo! @Glen-i can't make it this week, so the fate of the world now rests on @BowserBasher's shoulders for Player's Choice tonight.

No pressure now!

Cheers just seen this as haven't been on all day. Sure I'll open up the room in a few mintutes for players choice races as normal, and Ill be on VC for the usual that join.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great racing, good turnout too even without @Glen-i. Hope to see just as many next week and you're not all off saving Hyrule.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was busy, couldn't make it. Started drinking around that time so even if i joined I wouldn't be very good. Might take a look next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent races tonight. Thanks for deputising, @BowserBasher. :peace: 

46 minutes ago, martinist said:

Was busy, couldn't make it. Started drinking around that time so even if i joined I wouldn't be very good. Might take a look next week.

Could have done with you there!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, martinist said:

Was busy, couldn't make it. Started drinking around that time so even if i joined I wouldn't be very good. Might take a look next week.

Just put smart steering on if you're drunk, lol, I think it might be the only time drunk driving would be more fun. Apart from that Falcon guy in smash.

 

Note to @Glen-i, we need another smart steering theme night on courses with traffic.

Edited by BowserBasher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw my friend list was really jumping before opening the room tonight and got quite a bit hopeful that it would be a pretty full room.

But then I actually looked at it to see who was playing Mario Kart, and, well, yeah...

Thanks to those of you who actually bared the agony of putting aside an hour tonight. It must have been hell, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I saw my friend list was really jumping before opening the room tonight and got quite a bit hopeful that it would be a pretty full room.

But then I actually looked at it to see who was playing Mario Kart, and, well, yeah...

Sorry you were stuck with us lot and not the rest of your more glitzy mates. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-93891406-d3d2-4292-8b93-fcc6ba841a17-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Get Together! (18/05/2023)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Sorry you were stuck with us lot and not the rest of your more glitzy mates. :( 

Ah, stuff 'em if they can't be bothered!

EDIT: One moment from me. Mario Kartma is totally real and does not appreciate certain things.

 

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×