Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: N64 & SEGA Mega Drive (& GBA!!)

Julius

custom-9d1d906b-3803-4557-817c-8b73b772142f-640x360.jpeg

Perfect Dark on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (12/07/2024)

Thanks for the games. :peace:

Some more excellent multiplayer matches with random weapon sets, well... almost random aside from some of us (or just me) still looking at the screen and seeing "Oh look... 'X' weapon!" but still managing to get grenades quite frequently... which quickly devolved into *Select Proximity Pinball* then chuck it and run. :D

Oh and I brought two knives to a gun fight in some of the matches, and won.

The challenges were great fun as always, especially the King of the Hill scenario with high level simulants.

• Like 1

A little more progress in the challenges done. Thanks! Haven't got to the point where it goes so hard, we'll have to resort to cheating with a certain glitch yet.

So, @BowserBasher demonstrated this to me while we were playing through Special Agent. If you leave the Camspy right before this meeting cutscene, go to put the door decoder on the safe, and then immediately move the camspy into the meeting and trigger the cutscene, then the countdown until the safe opens goes on while the cutscene plays, so you don't have to fend off enemies.
He also said that the "Speedrun" timer that unlocks cheats still freezes for this cutscene, so it makes it easier to unlock the cheat on this level.

Neat!

Of course, all the knowledge in the world doesn't stop you blundering...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Man that was fun. Triple Kill with the rocket launcher (and one was me) I can’t find it in the stream at the moment. 

Here you go!

For those who weren't here, BowserBasher is on the top right.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

It won't be for some weeks (I'm going on holiday on Wednesday) but at some point it would be good to give Mario Party a go. Used to love those when I was younger but now all my friends live abroad 😭

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

It won't be for some weeks (I'm going on holiday on Wednesday) but at some point it would be good to give Mario Party a go. Used to love those when I was younger but now all my friends live abroad 😭

@Glen-i We have willing victim.....I mean player for a Mario Party session. Would be great to get you in a game and see how friendships are ruined. 

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 5:08 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Fantastic! I loved the DS game but, just like the other guys said, never played the GBA entries due to them never leaving Japan. I was always tempted to import them but now I don't have to.

Was able to pick it up on DS too. Had a bit of charm to it.

I'll probably get around to these next year when the NSO sub is coming up for renewal. :D 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Holly.jpg

Alright dudes? Who’s up for a bit of Four Swords after the ol’ Mazza Kart tonight?

@S.C.G? @BowserBasher? Or is everybody dead dave?

My brother might be able to join us, he just needs to join the game with me on his friends list, right?

custom-f06c9453-1c7e-483b-a799-2789c08eb688-640x360.jpeg

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (18/07/2024)

(and the rupees) ;)

custom-9d1d906b-3803-4557-817c-8b73b772142f-640x360.jpeg

Perfect Dark on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack - N-Europe Multiplayer (19/07/2024)

Weapon of choice - Unarmed... in a match where weapons were available. :cool:

Everyone got the same weapon of "choice" later on, but then... that was in a match with no weapons. :p

Rockets only, that was fun, Proximity mines were... yep... and shields remain useful. 

We did well on the challenges, until the simulants started cheating, so that's the end of those.

Good games though.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

We did well on the challenges, until the simulants started cheating, so that's the end of those.

Yeah, so I went with the trusty old Custom Challenge glitch, and now everything is unlocked. (Including the characters, thankfully, they're not tied to higher difficulties in single player)

Remember, using a Maian body with a human head is cheating and everyone will shun you for it.

• Thanks 1

Having a great time playing through PD on Secret Agent again! Have also been unlocking some of the Speedrun Challenge Cheats along the way too.  Here’s a few I’m particularly proud of…

gldSml8_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

CXlzDhP_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Ur4GfAr_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

cKNwZw5_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

mLrrzbW_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Such an incredible game! One of Rare’s absolute finest! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:11 PM, Dcubed said:

Such an incredible game! One of Rare’s absolute finest! :D

Agree completely. I never completed this on Perfect Agent on N64 and probably never got half the cheats. But I'm having a blast with this now and it's thanks to save states in the app. I know some may say cheat, but there's no way I'd do these without them. anyway, I'm uptown Pelagic II on Perfect Agent now. I have all the Agent cheats unlocked.

This is insanely close time limit. I'm sure with the perfect run you must only have a few seconds to spare. But mine, WOW, I couldn't have been much closer.

GTGoULfXoAAHPAV?format=jpg&name=medium

Yes that is the final time.

GTGoeRRW0AAIl-t?format=jpg&name=medium

Never thought I'd get this one. Lots of reloading save states to get this.

GTGoi8bW0AA2Oye?format=jpg&name=medium

Really proud of this just for the fact that I always found this level to be a maze and I would always get lost in it, no matter what difficulty. the fact that I have also just beaten this on Perfect Agent with next to no issues (I did make a save state but never needed to use it) shows just how easier it is now. Still took me over 10 minutes though.

Onto the rest of Perfect Agent, get WAR unlocked and see if I can do them. I want to get the mode unlocked which is the one you get after beating Perfect Agent, not WAR but the one you get to adjust the guards accuracy and such just like in Goldeneye. then I can play the full PA levels without being shot to death in 3 seconds when two guards find me,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2