N-Europe

Spider-Man 2 (20th October 2023)

Julius

I played this a few months ago. I liked the first and Miles Morales, but didn't love the samey combat sections that felt like padding. 

I was worried this game would do more of the same but to my delight, it was practically a perfect game. 

Easily one of the best games I have played in years. Absolutely superb story, amazing gameplay, good variation of side missions that were actually enjoyable, and a nice end game teaser for where the story may go next. 

Sublime end to end. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I got Miles Morales from CEX and blasted through it quicker than I thought. I wasn't expecting a plethora of classic Spidey villains on the side, but I was expecting more than one with Rhino. But I guess if it wasn't the length it's be padded with random repetitive tat like the first.

A good experience, looking forward to playing the second when I get round to purchasing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Arrives on PC 25th January 2025:

Insomniac have also confirmed that no new story content is planned for the game (per PS Blog) – hardly a surprise at this point, but it does strengthen the case for us learning more about whatever they plan to release next soon. 

Edited by Julius