NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2021/22

7 hours ago, killthenet said:

Congrats @drahkon, should be a fantastic final on Sunday!

Definitely :peace: 

But I think England will come away with a win. They are just too good and have their entire country behind them. 

Happy to be proven wrong, though :p 

It's going to be an interesting match. Both teams have only conceded a single goal in the tournament, both are dangerous up front but both are also defensively strong. 

I see the government have ruled out an extra bank holiday if England win. You would think given the cost of living, energy prices going through the roof and having to remortgage your house to fill your car up with fuel, that they would throw the working class a bone and give us something to look forward to. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I see the government have ruled out an extra bank holiday if England win. You would think given the cost of living, energy prices going through the roof and having to remortgage your house to fill your car up with fuel, that they would throw the working class a bone and give us something to look forward to. 

Heyhey, they just know England will lose.

lizard-laughing.gif

:p 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bob said:
23 hours ago, darksnowman said:
Is that Alice Klaar?

Ja, alles klar?

Yes, her! Danke!

Fantastic performance by Liverpool. It's always nice to beat City but to get a trophy out of it as well is icing on the cake. :D 

I don't know what they were gurning about because I could see it was a handball from here without a replay. Thought next year was meant to be the Pools year yet here they are going for the quintuple...

The referee found her yellow cards then. England could do with trying to play some football instead of these dark arts.

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

The referee found her yellow cards then. England could do with trying to play some football instead of these dark arts.

First one was never a yellow. 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

First one was never a yellow. 

Yeah, maybe not for Stanway but it was coming for someone. The referee had been trying to let things go and they were pushing it too far, White being the main instigator.

As expected, quite an even game. It's going to take something special to break down the Germany defence. 

I don't think England have been any more aggressive than Germany, it's been a bit of a feisty game all round. England definitely started on top but it evened out as the half wore on. 

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

I don't think England have been any more aggressive than Germany, it's been a bit of a feisty game all round. England definitely started on top but it evened out as the half wore on. 

The ref certainly took her time to dish out a card to a German player. No wonder the crowd gave a huge cheer when she finally showed one. :D 

Waiting for the ref to come to my place and give me a yellow card. :D

Everybody gets one.

Unbelievable goal, what a ball from Walsh but that chip from Toone - beautiful!

Good goal from Germany, they've been the better side the last 5 or 10 minutes

Hope the England players can lift themselves, don't let Germany dictate play for the last 10 mins 

3 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Good goal from Germany, they've been the better side the last 5 or 10 minutes

Hope the England players can lift themselves, don't let Germany dictate play for the last 10 mins 

Yeah, they've been on top for a while now. They keep knocking at the door and our possession and passing has been awful. At this point i'd be happy to just get to extra time.

Nothing to choose between the two sides in that first half, it's going to get very nervy soon...