NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp (21st April 2023)

Loving these 4 remixes per character. For example, I wasn't digging the electric guitar on Nell's theme when I first heard it, but the CO Power mix gives it an upbeat techno ring to it that's much more fitting.

Looking forward to hearing Sturm's theme in particular, that's one that really lends itself well to these instruments.

• Thanks 1

advancewars1and2rebootcamplaunchtrailerbanner.620x0.webp

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp launch trailer

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp is out now! :peace:

• Thanks 1

The infantry still inexplicably explode when you kill them!

I am a happy man :D

BTW, this game makes fantastic use of HD Rumble! It’s used everywhere to great effect, even the 2D animated cutscenes make fabulous use of it!

Wasn’t expecting Advance Wars of all games to be a showcase for the Switch’s HD Rumble feature!

Edited by Dcubed

The Game Collection cancelled my order I had since June 2021. Said they couldn't charge the card, it probably expired during that time. Annoying they don't just let you update your card details.

26 minutes ago, Ike said:

The Game Collection cancelled my order I had since June 2021. Said they couldn't charge the card, it probably expired during that time. Annoying they don't just let you update your card details.

You could re-order with ShopTo, I ordered from them recently and the site seems to be a lot better, there was a time when The Game Collection seemed to be better than ShopTo, but I think when it comes down to ease of use, and for payment options, it seems to be the simpler option now.

Their points systems seem to be the same, every one hundred points equals twenty-five pence off, so nothing lost there, unless you had a lot of points to use.

Advance Wars 1&2: Re-Boot Camp is also a whole ten pence cheaper on there, and they seem to be very quick with the dispatch these days, with same-day posting, so long as the order is in before 3pm.

I just checked, and £42.85 seems to be the cheapest price anywhere for this title at the moment.

• Thanks 1

I use a mix of both sites, I went with The Game Collection because they some sort of promo going in at the time.

Shopto have been a bit hit and miss with games arriving on launch day lately though.

• Thanks 1

BTW, another awesome little touch I've noticed.  So I checked the option to say that I've already played AW before, and I purposely screwed around in the last training mission to fail on purpose; in order to see if you still get special dialogue... Turns out that Nell actually acknowledges your failure and passes you anyway! (Not sure if she'd let you pass if you select that you haven't played AW before mind you).  But it's not just that...

FuTnPc_aYAEwUHt?format=jpg&name=large

Hachi makes fun of you for screwing up the training mission too! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just learnt something that shocked me... Jake Kaufman did not work on the AW1+2 soundtrack!

Honestly! I totally thought it was him! It really does sound like his style! But no! The soundtrack was actually done by Tommy Pendrini (Bravoman, Vitamin Connection, OK KO), Michaela Nachtigall (Steven Universe, Vitamin Connection, Cadence of Hyrule) and Maddie Lim (Shantae & The Seven Sirens intro song, OK KO, Vitamin Connection... I sense a connection here...).

They did a great job here! Both the rearranged soundtrack and the new songs added in for the remake all sound superb! (and the sound design is sensationally good too) :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Damn it! ProZD snuck more voices by me!

He must be the guy who has one of the most impressive ranges in voice acting. He keeps doing this to me!

I swear, if they recast Professor Layton, and it's not SungWon Cho, then Level 5 have failed!

EDIT: Speaking of voices, I wasn't expecting to hear Ash Ketchum's voice to return to video games through Andy, but there we are.
Like, it's absolutely perfect casting for Andy, he's effectively the Ash of Advance Wars, but it's all I hear!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, I hope the enemy saw... his hat.

Which Ash, original or the "new" one?

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

Well, I hope the enemy saw... his hat.

Which Ash, original or the "new" one?

Personally, I think that enemy got... The point!

Original Ash, It's Veronica Taylor.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!

I just got to Enigma (Mission 23) and STURM'S THEME IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!

They did the big bad justice!!! :bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just 100%’d the classic difficulty AW1 campaign the other day.  Was pleasantly surprised to find that…

Spoiler

After beating The Final Battle, all of the alternative paths open up for you to go back and play, meaning that you no longer need to play through the campaign multiple times to see everything.

Also, Rivals! now gets unlocked after beating every previous stage, meaning that you don’t have to follow Andy’s path specifically throughout the story to unlock it anymore.

It’s a nice change that I appreciated muchly.

Onto the AW2 campaign! I’ve just beaten the Orange Star portion of the AW2 campaign and this remake is still utterly brill! Super, Ultra happy with how it turned out! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

The game finally released right as I was about to go on a 2-week holiday trip. Typical.

Gotta get it. Game looks fantastic.

Spoiler

Spoiler

These remixes are so good, I feel like crying.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jonnas said:

The game finally released right as I was about to go on a 2-week holiday trip. Typical.

Gotta get it. Game looks fantastic.

Holy shit, Sensei's theme! (Hide contents)

Just got up to Sensei's first chapter... Dang! That is some sexy sax! Love the little hint of the original GBA tune in his co-power varient too! So good! :D

I also appreciate the Benny Hillification of Colin's co-power music too.  It's an audible middle finger to the other player and I love it!

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this