N-Europe

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

Esequiel

I've only ever properly played one Gears game and that was 4. I was always put off by the colour pallet of the original games. In an era when everything was brown and grey, those games just seemed to take it to another level of bland design.

Say what you might about Xbox's software output, there's no denying that their accessibility hardware initiatives are excellent, and so here's one more: the Xbox Adaptive Joystick. 

Excellent stuff, really lovely to see :heart:

Elsewhere for Xbox, the new Series X|S models are now available to pre-order: 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see that the Wii Nunchuck lives on :D

Great initiative, also great to see MS opening up their accessibility line of controllers to 3rd parties like 8bitdo.  Makes their accessibility controllers more... well... accessible!

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Windows Central have started to share what they know about Xbox's next-gen hardware plans in their summary of an interview about the Xbox's 25th anniversary, which Xbox seem to be planning to coincide with the platform's 25th anniversary in 2026, and will seemingly be a fight on two fronts: a traditional style home console and a handheld. 

Instead, it seems Xbox is full-steam ahead with its next set of console hardware, which we tentatively believe based on our sources to include at least both a traditional-style successor to the Xbox Series X, and Microsoft's first real foray into Xbox handheld gaming with its own take on the Steam Deck.

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone considering what has come out over the last few years anyways, but I think that Steam Deck-style handled + Game Pass combo could be very powerful and do some serious numbers.